Ive been having this issue for over a month now. My gigabit service speed is being cut in half when connecting through a router. Hardwired to the modem is fine I get roughly 950/40.
Issue 1: Half gigabit Speed
- I've tried replacing my router with a negear xr700 previously a Linksys EA9500. I replaced all network cables with new Cat6 cables. I've turned off all wireless radios and disconnected all hardwired devices leaving only one exclusive hardwired computer. I've also tried 2 different computers on that connection.
- I've replaced my modem with a Motorola MB8600 Docsis 3.1 previously a Netgear CM1000 Docsis 3.1
- I've ran through mounds of tests with Netgear here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Getting-half-my-service-speed-through-XR700-Xfinity-Gigabit/td-p/1908666.
Issue 2: High uploade ping spikes
- I'm also getting crazy ping spikes during loaded upload tests. Posted here but got no response: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Trouble-with-connection-High-Latency/m-p/3328985
- Ping spikes started occuring a little over a month ago as well. Same results with Router/Modem/Cables being replaced. Same result connecting directly to the modem.
- Obviously not crucial but lag spikes make online games pretty bad which shows theres something going on. Again this was fine before it all started around a month ago.
I don't know where to go from here. Is there any sort reprovisioning required when connecting routers? I figure support stops at the modem but with this issue I see no point in paying for gigabit service. I'm in the Sacramento area.
... View more
Hello, Do the numbers from my modem page in the attached picture look ok? After some research it looks like the Correctable Codewords in Downstream OFDM section look a little high. Power and SNR levels look good. Some of the issues that I've been experiencing over the past month: - High bufferbloat; Gaming is pretty bad using consoles and pc. Tested with no other devices on network, connected direct to modem. - High ping times while uploading; ~30ms ping during download/~2000ms ping during upload test. Tested running "ping google.com -t" in a command line window while running download and upload speed test from speedtest.net and dslreports.com speedtest. Same results wether hardwired to modem or hardwired to router. I'm thinking about purchasing a new modem and router but would like to see if I can nail down where the issue might be before purchasing. Thanks
... View more
Hello, I have the X1 4K box with XR15 remote. Page up on the remote used to forward 30 seconds on a recorded show and Page down would go back 15 seconds. This has been working fine for months but just now stopped working. I’ve tried exit exit exit 0030 page up but that doesn’t work. Any help? Thanks
... View more