binaural2000's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, February 24th, 2021 6:00 AM

Closed

X1 dvr recording limit changes/problems?

I’m so confused about what is going on with my x1 this morning. I have 2 x1 dvr boxes, percentage full has consistently stayed around 22-25% full the last several months with around 130 recordings give or take. All of a sudden this morning, my system says 91% full. There is a new notice in my menu saying you are limited to 150 hours of recordings and do I want to upgrade for another $10 a month?
What is going on? Did this pop up out of nowhere for anyone? I don’t recall seeing any notices of major changes or anything. I already have 2 x1 dvrs, the official Comcast site says I should then already have the “300 hour limit” due to that. I’m so confused what is happening, why my system changed so drastically overnight, and why it is trying to get me to “upgrade” to something I should already be getting. Does anyone have any advice what I should do? Just thought I’d try posting here first as I am dreading having to call in for this if it’s a new issue that isn’t even known much yet or not.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @binaural2000. Great questions! Most of our packages include 150 hours of DVR storage on the TV or on the Xfinity Stream app. X1 Cloud DVR service gives access to the most recent 150 hours of recordings. The percentage in the DVR should reflect both local storage and cloud storage combined into one. If additional DVRs are added to your account the amount of cloud storage will also increase.

TV Boxes in the home will only stream the copy of the recording that is stored in the cloud if the copy of the recording that exists on the TV Box is not available or is unable to be played. Content from channels and packages that are delivered via IP Technology can only record using X1 Cloud DVR rather than the hard drive on the X1 DVR.

If you subscribe to more than 150 hours of storage you would see all of the recordings on your cable boxes and the Xfinity Stream app, where it is in the Cloud, would have the most recent 150 hours of recordings available. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

3 years ago

@Cauthement1, I am sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not what we want. I just want to take a moment to thank you for being a loyal Comcast customer for 22 years! I would be happy to do an account review for you and see if we can turn this experience around. Please send me a private message with your full name and service address. To send a private message click my username "ComcastAnna" and select "Send Message". I look forward to hearing from you.   

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I, too, experienced a surprise when I reviewed my Recordings on my DVR this morning and found that I was very near capacity - while I have not recorded additional items of any significance in the last several days.  

There appears to have been a limit change?  I too now have a new notice that I can purchase an upgrade of an additional 150 hours, for a total of 300 hours.  ???

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

Weird  thing after reading this thread  is my space has remained the same but over night Friday morning I went from 56% to 26% or so. I checked and none of my older recording are on the cloud. I don't have many old recordings. I haven't lost any recordings. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My storage limit decreased overnight.  I am very aware of this issue because when I got a new cable box a couple of years ago, without warning, I lost a bunch of shows because the new  box did this to my storage capacity.  I tape a lot.  How can they do this without notice?  How can they expect to do this and keep charging us an extreme amount of money each month?  We called last yeer to find out  what our package is and they refused to rell us.  Absolutely refused.  I'm sure we have things in whatever package we have that we don't want but we'll never know.  I find it appalling that we cannot get any information or cooperation but yet, they take my money every month.  I am disgusted.I want my storage back.  For the money we pay, we deserve it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My Recordings state they are 41% full. Three days ago the recordings were 81% full. Can I trust this number? Did Comcast add storage? Thanks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The same thing happened to me today. It's like overnight my DVR has suddenly decreased and I was "warned" I'm at 90% capacity (that's never happened before and I barely have anything in there right now) and there is a new button that says upgrade my storage. What happened to my OLD storage? What is going on?  Did they take someone away from us and now want even MORE money??

Not applicable

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Hello THTH, thanks for stopping by our Xfinity Forums. For account specific information and pricing, please send us private message at your convenience and include your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on "ComcastShayne," and then click send a message.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

3 years ago

Yep! That’s exactly what they did!!

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

3 years ago

To ComcastMarcos and/or ComcastThomasF.
This is very long but hopefully it will explain why I no longer trust or believe anything Comcast says and probably never will. Especially after this new “cut their dvr hours & charge them more money” scheme!!
I’ve endured sky high bills while service just keeps getting worse and telephone reps, when you can actually speak to one, are more rude than ever before! And I’m positive I’m not the only one, especially after reading these message boards!
I have spoken to more reps than I care to count anymore! When the bad experiences far outweigh the good ones? That’s a problem folks!!
I’m basically paying out the nose “for the privilege” of being talked to like I’m scum by Comcast representatives!
The following is JUST ONE of MANY awful Comcast experiences:
I moved a couple years ago and was having nothing but problems for 5 MONTHS after Comcast’s installation. Those months included: Techs who just kept replacing the main dvr/service box (4 times!), one who even blamed the building manager, another said that it must be in my living room wall so someone would have to open it up where the inside line was (prior tenant never had a problem so of course my landlord said no way!)! Countless lost recordings, if they managed to record in the first place, scrambled channels, tiered channels that wouldn’t work at all even though I was paying for them, etc, etc.
Add that to the constant frustration of not being able to simply watch tv for 5 months without some kind of problem!! Approximately 9 different reps with awful, highly insulting attitudes preferring to insinuate that I was the problem! One even accused me of trying to get something for free!! It got so bad I dreaded calling so I’d wait a week or so to build up stamina!
All this while paying for a service I wasn’t receiving! More disgusting? I was only gIven credit for 1/2 a month “because we can’t find where Comcast is at fault”. I paid 4-1/2 months for little to no service, let alone all the aggravation!!
As I’ve said in the forums before, I’m disabled, TV is pretty much my only form of entertainment!! Why in the world would I be purposely causing the problem?!!
I couldn’t get any service reps to HEAR ME!! They just became more rude and dismissive!!
FINALLY, after going up the chain of command a 4th tech came out. One who’d been with Comcast 25+ years and months away from retiring. Someone who ACTUALLY CARED and did some real ‘investigating’ instead of just automatically changing the box and leaving! He followed the line into the building’s utility room, a mere 100 feet from my door(!!) and found about two inches of chewed up cable line, right at the wall where the cable came inside! Five months, 9+ of the rudest reps I’ve ever dealt with, prior and since, 2 supervisors, 3 lazy techs, blamed placed on me and finally ONE TECH WHO CARED!! ONE PERSON in this entire 5 month saga to take 10 minutes to actually look past their nose!!
Sadly, this is just one example!! Were all examples this extreme? No. Have several come close? Especially where downright mean, rude service reps are concerned? YES!
This is just one reason why I’m done discussing my account issues with Comcast.
I’ve given my loyalty to Comcast for 30+ years and in return received a bevy of broken promises (lies, a better definition!), rude treatment, sky high bills for subpar service and the biggest lie of all....“we’re working to improve customer service”!
I’ve FINALLY GIVEN UP! Comcast will NEVER change, unless that change is just more of treating customers even worse and charging more!
After this long explanation, I hope you understand why I refuse to waste my time contacting anyone representing Comcast again, let alone believing anymore lies.
And I definitely don’t trust giving out my account info ...for all I know it could be to flag my account and make things worse for me because I’m so vocal in forums! In the past you’ve (Comcast) even blocked me from the message boards because I’m vocal! Of course I don’t trust Comcast anymore!
But really, thank you, for trying. Unfortunately it’s a little too little after too many years of uncalled for rudeness and horrific service...

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

3 years ago

@amybth We are here if you decide to change your mind and would like our assistance.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

@ethor Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your DVR concerns. I can certainly look further into this for you to see if there was a change. 

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us regarding your DVR concerns. I can certainly look into this and see if your area was impacted by any changes and see why capacity seems to have decreased.

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

3 years ago

@ethor

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here