Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Call 1-877-896-8678 and ask for X1 technical support.

You SHOULD have a lossless powered amp, though, and maybe that's what they mean.  And it should be free from Comcast.  It is usually included with the X1 installation.

How many X1 boxes do you have and are they DVR's or companions?

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have 1 x1 DVR (hub) and 1 x1 box. Scheduled another appointment for this afternoon but the Technician came back yesterday and found a problem with the wiring (that they installed when I moved into my house 2 years ago). He wanted me to cancel today's appointment but wisely I didn't as it went out again last night. Technician Supervisor called me this morning and he will be coming out with his repairman this afternoon. Interestingly enough though, when he was going over his records he discovered that coincidentally someone had worked on one of their signal amplifiers in my area on Monday. That's when my problems began...we'll see what happens today
Most Valued Poster

Not sure what thread this question belongs in, I tried to find an appropriate place, but not really sure.  Maybe someone can help me?

A lot of the advice in the forums refers to the Apps and Online capabilities (which seem to provide several answers/workarounds for issues with the platform.)

But I generally have a hard time figuring out what App folks are talking about.

In the App store I see the following Apps, and have a hard time figuring out what they are all for and which to use when.  Is there a list somewhere describing what each of these does/is best used for?

Xf Comcast

Xfinity TV Go

Xfinity WiFi

Xfinity AnyPlay

Xfinity Connect

Xfinity My Account

Xfinity TV

Xfinity TV Remote

Xfinity X1 Remote

Xfinity Home

Xfinity Share

Xfinity X1

Xfinity On Demand Purchases

Xfinity Family Sense

Xfinity TV Sampler

Xfinity on Campus

Xfinity XH-TPS

And then on the web there's 

https://xtv.comcast.net

http://my.xfinity.com/

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

Expert

@tctc wrote:

Not sure what thread this question belongs in, I tried to find an appropriate place, but not really sure.  Maybe someone can help me?

A lot of the advice in the forums refers to the Apps and Online capabilities (which seem to provide several answers/workarounds for issues with the platform.)

But I generally have a hard time figuring out what App folks are talking about.

In the App store I see the following Apps, and have a hard time figuring out what they are all for and which to use when.  Is there a list somewhere describing what each of these does/is best used for?

Xf Comcast   <== not found

Xfinity TV Go <== to access and even download some shows/movies to smart phone

Xfinity WiFi <== to locate wifi hotspots using gps location

Xfinity AnyPlay <== not found

Xfinity Connect <== email reader for your comast email

Xfinity My Account <== iphone app version of account information, includes service tabs for diagnosing problems

Xfinity TV <=== for those areas that currently have stream or cloud access (go to web page on laptop/desktop www.comcast.net/x1  -- if it says x1user can't use app, if x1stream or x1cloud can use app

Xfinity TV Remote <== allows you to view guide, use DVR manager, play recordings on a selected TV

Xfinity X1 Remote <== like a backlit remote for the X1 system (does not include the 15 second flashback button above the play/pause key

Xfinity Home <=== for your home security system if needed

Xfinity Share <=== (stupid requirement of triple play) allows you to upload pictures to an online folder that can be viewed by anyone in the home or outside (can't test it as i don't have access)

Xfinity X1 <== just a listing duplicate for xfinity TV

Xfinity On Demand Purchases <== when you buy a movie it is yours forever. this app allows you to access those movies

Xfinity Family Sense <== $9.95 comcast snoop program (think NSA) for your kids use of accounts. Wife could snoop on hubby too.

Xfinity TV Sampler <== a free limited version of the Xfinity TV GO app

Xfinity on Campus <== college service (bulk sales)

Xfinity XH-TPS <== duplicate entry for xfinity Home app

And then on the web there's 

https://xtv.comcast.net   <== for using cloud and streaming (where available) service like xfinity TV app above

http://my.xfinity.com/ <== this and next are web accesses to your services like online viewing.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

as above in red

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

awesome, thanks!

New Poster

So at some point last week my main X1 DVR box (XG1-P, 2nd gen) stopped sending video out of the HDMI port.  I know I watched TV on that box at some point late last week but when I went in to watch it this Monday night, I got nothing but a blue screen.  My cable box is usually routed through my Xbox One to my projector (Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080), and the projector shows the XboxOne fine with no issues, so I know the HDMI port on the projector is working for regular HDMI (if not HDCP) and the cable is also OK for pure HDMI.  I don't know enough about HDCP to know if it can be affected by a bad cable or something wrong with the projector, but again, I was watching TV one night and then the next time I tried I got nothing, so not sure how it could have changed.

After doing several hard boots and box hits, I was convinced that the cable box was toast, so I had a tech come out, but when he hooked up his $50 13" TV to the cable box through the HDMI port, it was working fine and showing programming.  I felt like a bit of a dummy since I was convinced that I had done all I could to troubleshoot, but I hadn't hooked a different TV up to the STB!  

After a little bit of investigation, he showed me through the diagnostic screens that the HDMI port was being disabled whenever my projector was connected because for some reason the cable box was seeing my projector as not being HDCP compliant. So basically very time we plugged in his TV, "HDMI Enabled" was "true" and as soon as we plugged the STB into my projector, it would change to "False".  

The tech replaced the box with a 3rd generation XG1-P, and that didn't seem to change anything, even after updating the STB from a March 10th 2015 firmware that came installed on it, to an even newer version.  In addition I moved one of the regular RNG 150N STBs into the room to try that, but I still get no picture even though the RNG *does* show video for a split second before the HDMI port is disabled unlike the DVR STB which displayed a blue screen the whole time.

Why this would have changed in the middle of a weekend when i wasn't even watching TV I have no idea, but basically digital copyright protection has made my media room useless for watching TV - I am not a happy camper.

Can anyone think of a way to disable the HDCP so I can watch TV on my projector?  Has anyone had a similar experience where a TV/Monitor/Projector that was working fine with HDMI would suddenly stop working but only for the Xfinity cable box?  Any advice appreciated!

PS: The technician that came out was great, but since then I have had nothing but issues with customer service.  The IVR has some sort of routing issue that makes the system hang up on me every time I call in, and then when I went online to contact someone via chat, they refused to have a tier-2 or higher person call me directly, and instead said another tech was going to call me between 2-3pm today, which nobody did.  Super frustrating...

Gold Problem Solver

X1 Boxes have been unpredictable with HDMI since day #1. Honestly I would try an Arris box but I would also be prepared to go back to a legacy box.

I can't tell from your comments but did you try connecting the X1 box directly to the projector? Any firmware updates for your projector???

To my knowledge there is no way to turn off HDCP. Maybe there is a 3rd party, outboard device that can do it however I think that defeating HDCP is a line that many companies don't want to cross.

Honestly I think you are going to end up going back to legacy boxes.

@bobpitas wrote:

So at some point last week my main X1 DVR box (XG1-P, 2nd gen) stopped sending video out of the HDMI port.  I know I watched TV on that box at some point late last week but when I went in to watch it this Monday night, I got nothing but a blue screen.  My cable box is usually routed through my Xbox One to my projector (Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080), and the projector shows the XboxOne fine with no issues, so I know the HDMI port on the projector is working for regular HDMI (if not HDCP) and the cable is also OK for pure HDMI.  I don't know enough about HDCP to know if it can be affected by a bad cable or something wrong with the projector, but again, I was watching TV one night and then the next time I tried I got nothing, so not sure how it could have changed.

After doing several hard boots and box hits, I was convinced that the cable box was toast, so I had a tech come out, but when he hooked up his $50 13" TV to the cable box through the HDMI port, it was working fine and showing programming.  I felt like a bit of a dummy since I was convinced that I had done all I could to troubleshoot, but I hadn't hooked a different TV up to the STB!  

After a little bit of investigation, he showed me through the diagnostic screens that the HDMI port was being disabled whenever my projector was connected because for some reason the cable box was seeing my projector as not being HDCP compliant. So basically very time we plugged in his TV, "HDMI Enabled" was "true" and as soon as we plugged the STB into my projector, it would change to "False".  

The tech replaced the box with a 3rd generation XG1-P, and that didn't seem to change anything, even after updating the STB from a March 10th 2015 firmware that came installed on it, to an even newer version.  In addition I moved one of the regular RNG 150N STBs into the room to try that, but I still get no picture even though the RNG *does* show video for a split second before the HDMI port is disabled unlike the DVR STB which displayed a blue screen the whole time.

Why this would have changed in the middle of a weekend when i wasn't even watching TV I have no idea, but basically digital copyright protection has made my media room useless for watching TV - I am not a happy camper.

Can anyone think of a way to disable the HDCP so I can watch TV on my projector?  Has anyone had a similar experience where a TV/Monitor/Projector that was working fine with HDMI would suddenly stop working but only for the Xfinity cable box?  Any advice appreciated!

PS: The technician that came out was great, but since then I have had nothing but issues with customer service.  The IVR has some sort of routing issue that makes the system hang up on me every time I call in, and then when I went online to contact someone via chat, they refused to have a tier-2 or higher person call me directly, and instead said another tech was going to call me between 2-3pm today, which nobody did.  Super frustrating...

New Poster

Thing is, I had been using an X1 box for over a year with zero problems, so I don't know if it's even an option to go back to legacy boxes!

And yes, I did try taking the XBone out of the picture just in case. From what I can tell it's just a pass-through...  I haven't tried a different cable to the projector because the projector is on the opposite side of the room from the cable box, but that may be a step I have to take.

There ARE external boxes that will strip the HDCP off (splitters) and they are only ~$20, so that might be my next step, but I'd really like to fix this the right way if at all possible before adding yet another "box" to the mix that I shouldn't have to have.

@RickGr4 wrote:

X1 Boxes have been unpredictable with HDMI since day #1. Honestly I would try an Arris box but I would also be prepared to go back to a legacy box.

I can't tell from your comments but did you try connecting the X1 box directly to the projector? Any firmware updates for your projector???

To my knowledge there is no way to turn off HDCP. Maybe there is a 3rd party, outboard device that can do it however I think that defeating HDCP is a line that many companies don't want to cross.

Gold Problem Solver

All can say is welcome to the world of HDMI and digital video. Just because it worked before doesn't mean much now that it isn't working. I am guessing your X1 box updated it's firmware or Comcast sent out an HDCP turn on flag.

Did you check to see if your projector has a firmware update? I HIGHLY recommend it.

I would still consider trying an Arris DVR. It is built by a different company and uses a different chipset. Even though the Arris DVR is 1.5 years old now, I continue to maintain it is the best X1 box. It certainly has the fewest faults and issues.

If the Arris DVR doesn't help you, then consider getting rid of X1 all together and either go back to legacy boxes or consider TiVo. People need to understand something here. Just because X1 is Comcast's latest and greatest does not mean it is intended for enthusiasts because clearly it is not. X1 is NOT a top of the line product and it is obviously highly watered down for the masses. I realize this is a Comcast X1 forum but the fact remains that TiVo is a vastly better DVR than X1 is............

@bobpitas wrote:

Thing is, I had been using an X1 box for over a year with zero problems, so I don't know if it's even an option to go back to legacy boxes!

And yes, I did try taking the XBone out of the picture just in case. From what I can tell it's just a pass-through...  I haven't tried a different cable to the projector because the projector is on the opposite side of the room from the cable box, but that may be a step I have to take.

There ARE external boxes that will strip the HDCP off (splitters) and they are only ~$20, so that might be my next step, but I'd really like to fix this the right way if at all possible before adding yet another "box" to the mix that I shouldn't have to have.

@RickGr4 wrote:

New Poster

Keeps freezing for weeks now!!!! x1 platform set up sucks!

Silver Problem Solver

@Dogo4166 wrote:

Keeps freezing for weeks now!!!! x1 platform set up sucks!

Mine doesn't suck.  Maybe you should call Comcast and have them send out a tech to check your connection.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

My x-1 tv freezes and reboots all the time. 3 to 5 times monday thru friday and at least 10 times on the weekend. Went to office got new box and hdmi cable, later the same day a tech came and checked the cables and connections, it was all fine. Still freezes and reboots all the time. Have`nt seen a complete episode of survivor for weeks. There`s only one solution left, in four months my 2 year contract is up and so is my association with comcast. Maybe when I`m off the line the signal will be a little stronger so someone else wont have to put up with this

Expert

@gatorface wrote:

My x-1 tv freezes and reboots all the time. 3 to 5 times monday thru friday and at least 10 times on the weekend. Went to office got new box and hdmi cable, later the same day a tech came and checked the cables and connections, it was all fine. Still freezes and reboots all the time. Have`nt seen a complete episode of survivor for weeks. There`s only one solution left, in four months my 2 year contract is up and so is my association with comcast. Maybe when I`m off the line the signal will be a little stronger so someone else wont have to put up with this

remember the 'old' days of analog phone lines with whistles/clicks/mystery noise on the telephone lines? Your cable service might be getting all kinds of electrical noise or not have enough signal to run your equipment and that is all fixable. Please call the x1 support center 877-896-8678 and ask them to check your signal levels (they do it remotely by looking at the logs and current conditions your equipment is seeing. If a tech is determined to be needed, they will schedule for you. If any problems remain or still frustrated repost here and so comcast personnel can help you resolve the technical issues.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

The whole platform completely shut down for me last night.  On Demand stopped playing, live TV couldn't tune in any channels, no access to DVR content.  XRE-00021 was one of multiple messages.

As has been said before, a platform that needs to access the "cloud" to react to the remote or access the DVR is a failed design.   Even if all the networks on the planet go down I should be able to access the content that is on my box.

But of course there's a nice little ad for a sponge bob program in my Last listing, glad to know comcast is using their resources wisely.  I guess a monopoly doesn't need to listen to it's customers.

New Poster

I've been hunting and hunting, my problem is less of a technical one and more of a parenting issue, my 1 year old will simply not leave the power button alone. That used to be a non issue but it seems with some firmware update along the way the front power button actually works now. Is there a way to disable it? I've scoured the forums to no avail. Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy
Diamond Problem Solver

roblem is less of a technical one and more of a parenting issue, my 1 year old will simply not leave the power button alone. That used to be a non issue but it seems with some firmware update along the way the front power button actually works now. Is there a way to disable it? I've scoured the forums to no avail. Thanks in advance.

You can't disable it but you can go into the tools menu and turn off the power light so it won't be an attraction to your child

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I concure with your sentiments.

New Poster

Thank you Andrew!

New Poster

Just a heads up, an HDMI splitter was able to spoof the HDCP and fix my problem of the cable box's HDMI ports shutting down.  While it sucks that I had to pay $22 to fix an Xfinity problem, it is certainly better than having to buy a new projector or lose the ability to watch TV in my media room!

New Poster

i'm having XRE-00021 error code since the morning
spoke to one tech over the phone told me to wait an hour and I called back 4 hours later with same problem and no resolution
another tech answered and again nothing

it's telling me use diagnosis code #21

also giving me tuning error

any help ?
Gold Problem Solver

That error code is usually an activation/authorization error. It is discussed in this forum quite often. If you have UNPLUGGED and rebooted your X1 and that did not solve the problem, you need to call the X1 help line and have them reinitialize your X1 box and have them resend entitlements.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-00021-tuning-error-unable-to-...

New Poster

it didn't solve the problem
the tech over the phone reset it three times
same issue is going on and i officially gave up

the comcast land line is fine , the comcast internet is fine but all three x1 receivers are acting up . Maybe it's the firmware update they did last night

they scheduled a tech to come out june 8th

if i don't foget i'll give an update and hope they don't charge me for this tech to come out .

i didn't touch anything to mess things up Smiley Happy
New Poster

I could use a little help.

My online devices are missing my local channels both in SD and HD. We had some issues getting the whole X1 system up and running in the beginning. We've had the X1 system now for about 2 - 3 weeks. Tuesday night / Wednesday morning around 230 am I was not able to access anything X1 on the cable boxes or on my computer and android phone. I noticed on Wedsnesday that I am missing my local channels on any online device. The cable boxes seem to be ok except for a connection issue we had Thursday evening.  I thought the problem of missing channels would go away on its own as many quirks do in the comcast world. Anyways, I can't watch local channels both HD and SD. Any help in what direction to take is most appreciated. Thanks.

PS. I don't believe that the initial contacts on the phone customer service are trained to deal with X1 issues outside of normal basic troubleshooting which sometimes works and most of the time does not. Plus it's frustrating to get no where, what seems to be 85% or more of the time. Chatting online is worse. I am hoping that this forum my be able to help direct me to fixing the problem or be able to fix the issue without any further frustration. Love the "IDEA" of the X1 platform, but not liking the issues I have had to deal with so far.

Silver Problem Solver

It sure sounds like your Comcast account setup doesn't match what you think it should be.  It could be a problem with "entitilements" or it could be you are not being billed for what you think you should be.  There are a lot of different "packages" - double play, triple play. etc.

See if anyone can help you at this number - 1-877-896-8678.

Regular Contributor

You are not the only one that has lost access to the local channels. I have also noticed that I cannot access the local channels as well as ESPN, NBC Sports, MLB network, etc. I noticed on the Apps forum that a couple other people had mentioned this issue as well. I'll keep you updated if I see something get resolved. I was on the phone for about 2 hours and on @comcastcares with a guy named Jim for about 2 hours last night. Not fixed as of this morning. 

Frequent Visitor

I am very impressed with the X1 system with one major exception.

I turn off my system (Samsung TV, Monster Power System, Sunfire preamp & Sunfire amp) every evening. The X1 blue circle light remains on. Around 4:00-5:00AM (CST) the audio system turns on by itself with audio from the last channel watched the night before yet the TV is off.

The Monster Power System, the Sunfire preamp and the Sunfire amp all majically turns on around 4:00-5:00AM for three mornings in a row after getting the new X1 box. I saw some other people are having the same type of problem with their home theater audio components.

My "workaround" tonight is to turn the power off the X1 box. The blue light is now off the X1 box.

Is there a X1 system check around 4:00-5:00AM (CST) that could turn on my home theater audio components with audio from the X1? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Problem Solver

The X1 box reboots every night around that time.

Frequent Visitor

Mine does the reboot but doesn't turn the tv on.
Silver Problem Solver

@wcb555 wrote:
Mine does the reboot but doesn't turn the tv on.

Same here.

Frequent Visitor

Hello

One of my gateway/routers has died. The device no longer powers on. I have tried multiple outlets with no help. How can I request a new one to be sent to my house?

Silver Problem Solver

One?  Do you have more than one?  I only have one gateway.  Call Comcast tech support and ask them how to get a replacement.

Frequent Visitor

i have two. there is a metal beam running through my main level and the first one they installed in the basement cannot penetrate past the beam. so I have one above the beam (basement wifi) one above (mainlevel upperlevel wifi)

was wondering if i could submit this info on here as there are techs on this forum

Silver Problem Solver

@Teckx wrote:

i have two. there is a metal beam running through my main level and the first one they installed in the basement cannot penetrate past the beam. so I have one above the beam (basement wifi) one above (mainlevel upperlevel wifi)

was wondering if i could submit this info on here as there are techs on this forum

The X1 system does not actually go through a gateway.  The coax coming to your house is split so that it goes one way to the gateway and onother way to an X1 powered amp.  Then the amp has multiple connections going to each of the X1 boxes.  They are supposed to be homeruns to each X1 box with no splitters.

Contributor

When I got home from work yesterday, my box said it was at 100% capacity.  I knew it was nowhere near that, but I deleted a couple of things anyway.  It still showed 100%.  I rebooted by holding down the power button and then shutting it off and then turning it back on.  Then it said I was at 59%.  I watched and deleted a couple of shows, and more recorded during the night.  Got up this morning and it was back at 100%.  The last show it recorded wouldn't play no matter what I did.  Did the same reboot, and it went down to the 50's again.  Then back up to 100%.  Did a reset where I turned it off and unplugged it.  Stlil 100%.  Is there any hope or do I have to get a new box and lose everything I've recorded and all of my programming?

Gold Problem Solver

Personally...

I am not sure you need a new box but I certainly would not trust the one you have. I would have it swapped out.

Sorry, you will lose your recordings...

@driveway2 wrote:

When I got home from work yesterday, my box said it was at 100% capacity.  I knew it was nowhere near that, but I deleted a couple of things anyway.  It still showed 100%.  I rebooted by holding down the power button and then shutting it off and then turning it back on.  Then it said I was at 59%.  I watched and deleted a couple of shows, and more recorded during the night.  Got up this morning and it was back at 100%.  The last show it recorded wouldn't play no matter what I did.  Did the same reboot, and it went down to the 50's again.  Then back up to 100%.  Did a reset where I turned it off and unplugged it.  Stlil 100%.  Is there any hope or do I have to get a new box and lose everything I've recorded and all of my programming?

Most Valued Poster

There needs to be a way to remove content from the For You:Recently Watched immediately.  I've tried marking it unwatched, but that sometimes takes days before it goes away.  That is unacceptable when you have children in the household.  It is also unacceptable to list R+ rated content in the Recommended Because You Watched list.  

We need to be able to turn Recommened and Recently Watched off completely.  I don't want it, and I certainly don't want children to see an R rated recommendation just because I recently watched Game of Thrones.

And how many years is it going to take to get one button access to DVR content?  It blows me away that I still get taken to the same place if I press Guide or Xfinity.  That couldn't be any more ridiculous.  I have to press 4 buttons before I can start scrolling down into my recorded content.  Which on a satellite box with several seconds in between each press is a horrible user experience.

Not being able to set the Xfinity button to open to Recordings, or at the very least default to opening where I was last, is just weak.  More 1990s era UI.  And again, a good solid half an hour of programming for someone to fix it.

Problem Solver

If you use the voice remote, it is one button.. Smiley Happy
Most Valued Poster

@scjohnson312 wrote:
If you use the voice remote, it is one button.. Smiley Happy

Hah, thanks.  Guess I need to get one of those.

I'm still hoping for a remote with a separate DVR button as well as a separate Play and Pause button, since you can't use slo-mo properly when both are the same button.

But based on the progress that's being made on every other simple issue, I don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

There needs to be a way to remove content from the For You:Recently Watched immediately.  I've tried marking it unwatched, but that sometimes takes days before it goes away.  That is unacceptable when you have children in the household.  It is also unacceptable to list R+ rated content in the Recommended Because You Watched list.  

We need to be able to turn Recommened and Recently Watched off completely.  I don't want it, and I certainly don't want children to see an R rated recommendation just because I recently watched Game of Thrones.

And how many years is it going to take to get one button access to DVR content?  It blows me away that I still get taken to the same place if I press Guide or Xfinity.  That couldn't be any more ridiculous.  I have to press 4 buttons before I can start scrolling down into my recorded content.  Which on a satellite box with several seconds in between each press is a horrible user experience.

Not being able to set the Xfinity button to open to Recordings, or at the very least default to opening where I was last, is just weak.  More 1990s era UI.  And again, a good solid half an hour of programming for someone to fix it.

Correction.  The For You:Recently Watched generally goes away in a few minutes.

The On Demand: Recent TV shows I can't get rid of at all.

Contributor

Here are my thoughts on x-1:
SUCKS
have a good day.
Gold Problem Solver

If you want to be taken seriously and get some help with your issues, please post some details about the issues you are having with X1.

At this point, I would guess 95% of your issues can be answered or can be fixed if you would take the time to be clear about the issues you are having.

Ready to try harder and not waste our time???

@Genesis722 wrote:
Here are my thoughts on x-1:
SUCKS
have a good day.

New Poster

I am having the same type of issues. I have had two technicians out two separate times for two hours each both saying that all lines test perfect. I've spent five hours on the phone with technical support stating that everything looks perfect on their end. I am having the same type of issues. I have had two technicians out two separate times for two hours each both saying that all lines test perfect. I've spent five hours on the phone with technical support stating that Box is frozen while I am on phone with support and they still say it shows perfect. Asked to have them send out another technician or put me back on the old system. They said they could not schedule a technician to weeks out front as it was past the end of their second quarter. I asked them to Flag it and schedule it when they could and was told I would have to call in next week to schedule.at this point, if I could I would cancel my contract and go with files. Unfortunately Comcast is not going to let that happen. I just want TV that works. I don't want excuses, I just want it fi at this point, if I could I would cancel my contract and go with FIOS. I just want TV that works. I don't want to spend a couple hours every weekend trying to get this fixed.
Valued Contributor

@tctc wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Hi tctc,

Navigate to Settings>Preferences>General. There you can toggle both "Recently Viewed Content" and "Recommendations Based on History" On and Off. Turn them off, if you do not wish to have them.

Gwen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Thanks Gwen.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastGwen wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Hi tctc,

Navigate to Settings>Preferences>General. There you can toggle both "Recently Viewed Content" and "Recommendations Based on History" On and Off. Turn them off, if you do not wish to have them.

Gwen

HI Gwen, hate to say it, but this doesn't solve my problem, which is a serious UI issue.  Hopefully you have another suggestion?

Turning off the Recommendations works fine, and turning off Recently Viewed also gets the content out of the On Demand / Recent TV Shows, which would be an acceptable solution, except that it also turns off the Last Watched functionality.  Which doesn't need to be turned off, because it can be managed via the D button.  Since there in no longer a Back/Swap button, the only way to go back and forth between channels is with Last, which is now turned off... aaannd I'm back to 1970s functionality with yet another feature...

Frequent Visitor

It is time for me & X1 to part ways. This week, from Tuesday to today (Saturday), connection issues (from 11 am - at least 8 pm with last night it was off until 11 pm. Have had Technician after Technician come out - including the Technician Supervisor. Going back to basic!
New Poster

Re: X1 mini cable box won't connect

I have the same problem and I've seen at least one other thread with the same issue. I too spent 30 mins on the phone with tech support the day after my new system was installed. The main box works fine, but the mini box has no signal. I went through the same common support options (check cables, reset box, etc). They told me to take it to the comcast place to get a new one, which I haven't done.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think this is an equipment issue. When the tech installed, he said the mini's were having trouble accessing the activation servers and to just keep trying. Well, I managed to get it activated (because it asked me to assign a description to the box), but it has never worked. It either stays at a black screen after the initial boot screens, or gives me the red screen with error code RDK 03031. Another user reported the same issue and a tech installed a signal amplifier.

My point is, it sounds like this is a back-end problem but I'd love to hear if anyone has their issue resolved.

Expert

@Crimsonutes wrote:

I have the same problem and I've seen at least one other thread with the same issue. I too spent 30 mins on the phone with tech support the day after my new system was installed. The main box works fine, but the mini box has no signal. I went through the same common support options (check cables, reset box, etc). They told me to take it to the comcast place to get a new one, which I haven't done.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think this is an equipment issue. When the tech installed, he said the mini's were having trouble accessing the activation servers and to just keep trying. Well, I managed to get it activated (because it asked me to assign a description to the box), but it has never worked. It either stays at a black screen after the initial boot screens, or gives me the red screen with error code RDK 03031. Another user reported the same issue and a tech installed a signal amplifier.

My point is, it sounds like this is a back-end problem but I'd love to hear if anyone has their issue resolved.

To be sure.... move the mini-box to the working cable outlet the main box is on....   this will prove your point without a doubt....

-=Ray=-

Gold Problem Solver

@Crimsonutes wrote:

The thread you latched on to is old and it may or may not apply. However RDK-03031 is a fairly common error message (you could have searched the forum for it). I believe this means the X1 box is not properly activated.

Probably best you call Comcast and get a tech out to your house.

Diamond Problem Solver

To be sure.... move the mini-box to the working cable outlet the main box is on.... this will prove your point without a doubt....

-=Ray=-
_______

That won't work, the Xi3 depends on the dvr being powered on and functioning.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!