Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

@RobertWy wrote:

@billw001 wrote:

Everything that Rustyben's Refresh will not! I read this forum and time and time again you see the same issues and the same result.

If a refresh or just unpluging X1 box will not fix the problum why not try this before a service call.

Example: Guy turns on TV and it's froozen. He calls support and his first words are "I unplugged the box and it is still not working". Take one guess what tech support will suggest first?

Anyway, good luck and remember that change is a good thing. My three steps should replace the first three steps your worldly "tech support" people are reading off the screen when a customer calls.

Billw

PS: I noticed a post about "can't turn off X1 box" and the reply was "It's always on 24/7. I will leave it alone because the X1 box can be turned off without unplugging it. I have to keep some of my tricks to myselfSmiley Happy

As a last resort, there is a poweron/poweroff button on the X1 boxes.

There are many times when there is absolutely no way to turn off the box without unplugging it. It gets so locked up nothing else works. In my case I have to be a contortionist with a flashlight o get to the plug so obviously that is not my fave way to do it.

Frequent Visitor

As posted in the other thread I'm also having the freezing picture issue recently.  Unplugging is the only fix.  Would be great to have Comcast acknowledge the software issue and resolve as soon as possible.

Regular Contributor

@sparta1 wrote:

As posted in the other thread I'm also having the freezing picture issue recently.  Unplugging is the only fix.  Would be great to have Comcast acknowledge the software issue and resolve as soon as possible.

Happened to me AGAIN yesterday.

I *CAN* however click on the Xfinity button on the remote, Settings, HELP, Restart   ...takes about 4 mins to complete.

This "FREEZE" has been going on for about a Month for me. Surprising that COMCAST cant's get THIS bug figured out and provide a solution. This is very annoying.

Expert

@Cody21 wrote:

@sparta1 wrote:

I *CAN* however click on the Xfinity button on the remote, Settings, HELP, Restart   ...takes about 4 mins to complete.

This "FREEZE" has been going on for about a Month for me. Surprising that COMCAST cant's get THIS bug figured out and provide a solution. This is very annoying.

Cody, if it actually was a system-wide issue there would be hundreds of posts a day from different customers. Call 877-896-8678 and ask the phone representative to run diagnostics on your set top boxes and signal levels.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

I TOTALLY agree with Rusty's comment here. Anyone complaining about this issue should set up a service visit to get their signal levels checked by an on site tech.

@Rustyben wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@sparta1 wrote:

Cody, if it actually was a system-wide issue there would be hundreds of posts a day from different customers. Call 877-896-8678 and ask the phone representative to run diagnostics on your set top boxes and signal levels.

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@sparta1 wrote:

Sorry ... this issue IS system wide - several other links below for customers reporting this were shared earlier.  My BOX has Solid signals. Only 1 Box. No slices. The issue occurs about every 2-3 days. I'm not going to waste effort trying to explain this to Level 1 reps. Or for that matter have a COMCAST TECH come here to find no problem but waste 1/2 day of my time.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/quot-Something-s-not-quite-right-quot-message/m-p/2844866#M120673

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/picture-freezing-a-couple-of-times-a-week/m-p/2844723#M120693

Gold Problem Solver

No Cody, it's not a system issue. There are millions of X1 boxes in service. A small handful of people experiencing a similar issue does NOT constitute system wide issue. My X1 service works fine. None of my family, friends or customers are having issues.

As Rusty said, if it were a system issue MANY more people would be complaining.

I suspect the problem is poor connections outdoors created by cold weather. Funny but theses complaints started right about the same time it turned cold in Minnesota...

Cody, what is your proof that your X1 signal levels are fine? Please tell me it's not the signal meter in the X1 menu... That meter is useless.

@Cody21 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@sparta1 wrote:

Sorry ... this issue IS system wide - several other links below for customers reporting this were shared earlier.  My BOX has Solid signals. Only 1 Box. No slices. The issue occurs about every 2-3 days. I'm not going to waste effort trying to explain this to Level 1 reps. Or for that matter have a COMCAST TECH come here to find no problem but waste 1/2 day of my time.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/quot-Something-s-not-quite-right-quot-message/m-p/2844866#M120673

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/picture-freezing-a-couple-of-times-a-week/m-p/2844723#M120693

Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

No Cody, it's not a system issue. There are millions of X1 boxes in service. A small handful of people experiencing a similar issue does NOT constitute system wide issue. My X1 service works fine. None of my family, friends or customers are having issues.

I suspect the problem is poor connections outdoors created by cold weather. Funny but theses complaints started right about the same time it turned cold in Minnesota...

Cody, what is your proof that your X1 signal levels are fine? Please tell me it's not the signal meter in the X1 menu... That meter is useless.

@Cody21 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@sparta1 wrote:

@ok, maybe not 11 million (whatever) people experiencing this. But I am not the only one, clearly. But it is NOT cold here like your area. (SF BAY AREA). The outside connections are Secured & Covered under the eves - don't even get rain moisture. COMCAST TECH installed it, showed me signals inside the house - ALL PERFECT. So I'm not here to Argue this with other Customers. I am here to tell COMCAST Employees that watch these threads about serious issues. Happy for you, but this IS a problem that started a month ago - read the thread(s). Previously rock solid. I have the latest X1 DVR BOX. Oh, and even @ComcastAndrew commented that this i a "LOST TUNER" error - I read that as a software error in the code.  The BOX itself is not frozen -- just the picture (sound/audio works); and the XFINITY screens work as I stated : I can actually restart the device from the SETTINGS.

Gold Problem Solver

Cody,

Things change. Connections change. A few years ago a kid mowing my yard hit the Comcast box with the lawn mover hard enough to crack a connection which caused our cable TV service to pixel. Last summer my internet speeds dropped off dramatically. Why? The connection in the box in the yard had gotten damp and rusted on the inside. Yes that connection was sealed off from direct moisture.

I am not trying to argue with anyone. I am trying help people fix things. Sitting around waiting for Comcast to fix a system wide that probably doesn't exist won't fix anything.

You can't rule out anything until it is checked. If a tech gave your signals a clean bill of health a month ago, that means nothing today if you are experiencing new issues.

As I said earlier, anyone experiencing this issue needs to have their signals checked by an on site Comcast tech. I stand by that comment.

@Cody21 wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@sparta1 wrote:

@ok, maybe not 11 million (whatever) people experiencing this. But I am not the only one, clearly. But it is NOT cold here like your area. (SF BAY AREA). The outside connections are Secured & Covered under the eves - don't even get rain moisture. COMCAST TECH installed it, showed me signals inside the house - ALL PERFECT. So I'm not here to Argue this with other Customers. I am here to tell COMCAST Employees that watch these threads about serious issues. Happy for you, but this IS a problem that started a month ago - read the thread(s). Previously rock solid. I have the latest X1 DVR BOX. Oh, and even @ComcastAndrew commented that this i a "LOST TUNER" error - I read that as a software error in the code.  The BOX itself is not frozen -- just the picture (sound/audio works); and the XFINITY screens work as I stated : I can actually restart the device from the SETTINGS.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

To start, my x1 xid-c is connected to my LG 1080p flat panel tv via HDMI cable, a good quality cable, gold ends, that is in good known working condition. I have no issues with any other peripherals connected to my tv, xbox, ps4, chromecast, and laptop all function with no problems. My typical daily usage for my x1 box in the bedroom is none during the day. But in the nightime, ill watch tv and then fall asleep with the tv on. I have powersaving enabled so after 4 hours, the box will turn off or "standby" and then my tv will detect no signal which it will cause it to turn off after 10 minutes of seeing no signal.

For about a week straight I've been having an issue where my x1 box would seem dead when I go to use it the next evening. Black screen, no sound, functionality with remote or anything. So I disconnect the power to it then reconnect, and usually that will fix the issue.

Then the weekend before christmas, I go to turn on my tv, and I get a blue screen. No audio or activity when remote is used. Pressing power on the box will turn it off. Then I get same issue when turning it on. Never had that issue before. I try unplugging the power cable method, and I feel a brisk of success because I get the "powering up, this may take a few minutes" screen. Then after about a minute, blue screen.

I felt as if my box malfunctioned. So I swapped it to another xid-c from a living room. Same exact issue. And the xid-c from my bedroom works fine in the living room! I've tried numerous hdmi cables (every hdmi cable in my house for that matter) and still have the same issue only with my tv. How is it that my tv is having issues with these boxes all of a sudden? I know the input/port is ok because I've tried my other devices with that port. And the xid is putting out a signal because if it wasnt, my tv would show a "NO SIGNAL" splash screen, not a blue screen.

I hooked up the xid to a living room tv attempted to changer the video settings, and then reconnect it to my bedroom tv, no luck. I've done this back and forth with different settings as well, same thing. I've even tried hooking it up via coaxial (which seems to display/sound ok, just in SD which is tough to watch going from HD) and changing the settings. But no luck.

I was able to access a menu that I found on here via exit, down down, 2. And can see that my hdmi is disabled. Is there any way to change that on my own?

I know the x1 system updates it's boxes on its own so I've waited it out in hopes that it was just a bad update. I've been browsing this forum for about two weeks on my free time in hopes for a resolution, but no luck. I hope it wasn't a software update that put my tv out of x1's minimum requirements. And Ilwe've had bad luck with xfinity's phone tech support and tech visits, so I would like to avoid that and save it as a definite last resort if necessary.

Please help
20170104_211813.jpg
Expert

@JustinRivera wrote:
To start, my x1 xid-c is connected to my LG 1080p flat panel tv via HDMI cable, a good quality cable, gold ends, that is in good known working condition. I have no issues with any other peripherals connected to my tv, xbox, ps4, chromecast, and laptop all function with no problems. My typical daily usage for my x1 box in the bedroom is none during the day. But in the nightime, ill watch tv and then fall asleep with the tv on. I have powersaving enabled so after 4 hours, the box will turn off or "standby" and then my tv will detect no signal which it will cause it to turn off after 10 minutes of seeing no signal.

For about a week straight I've been having an issue where my x1 box would seem dead when I go to use it the next evening. Black screen, no sound, functionality with remote or anything. So I disconnect the power to it then reconnect, and usually that will fix the issue.

Then the weekend before christmas, I go to turn on my tv, and I get a blue screen. No audio or activity when remote is used. Pressing power on the box will turn it off. Then I get same issue when turning it on. Never had that issue before. I try unplugging the power cable method, and I feel a brisk of success because I get the "powering up, this may take a few minutes" screen. Then after about a minute, blue screen.

I felt as if my box malfunctioned. So I swapped it to another xid-c from a living room. Same exact issue. And the xid-c from my bedroom works fine in the living room! I've tried numerous hdmi cables (every hdmi cable in my house for that matter) and still have the same issue only with my tv. How is it that my tv is having issues with these boxes all of a sudden? I know the input/port is ok because I've tried my other devices with that port. And the xid is putting out a signal because if it wasnt, my tv would show a "NO SIGNAL" splash screen, not a blue screen.

I hooked up the xid to a living room tv attempted to changer the video settings, and then reconnect it to my bedroom tv, no luck. I've done this back and forth with different settings as well, same thing. I've even tried hooking it up via coaxial (which seems to display/sound ok, just in SD which is tough to watch going from HD) and changing the settings. But no luck.

I was able to access a menu that I found on here via exit, down down, 2. And can see that my hdmi is disabled. Is there any way to change that on my own?

I know the x1 system updates it's boxes on its own so I've waited it out in hopes that it was just a bad update. I've been browsing this forum for about two weeks on my free time in hopes for a resolution, but no luck. I hope it wasn't a software update that put my tv out of x1's minimum requirements. And Ilwe've had bad luck with xfinity's phone tech support and tech visits, so I would like to avoid that and save it as a definite last resort if necessary.

Please help

I'd suggest swapping two HDMI cables between boxes and see if the problem follows the cable. If problem doesn't 'move', temporarily swap (for example) the DVR and Chromecast HDMI ports and test both inputs to see if problem moves to the Chromecast device and DVR begins working. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was just told after a Level 3 elevated problem, that the capacity to view Live TV, access On Demand and all DVR functions is no longer available to XFinity X1 platform subscribers if you are trying to access from outside the US.  This function was available and functioning perfectly as recently as November 2016 when I was travelling for several weeks.  There is also apparently no subscription add-on one can purchase to gain this access.  The error message I receive when Itry to access is 102100.5 -Loading the specified resource has failed.    Has anyone else had this problem - and is it correct that Comcast appears to have terminated a service without notification to subscribers, or a replacement product/functionality?

Expert

@dutchman203 wrote:

I was just told after a Level 3 elevated problem, that the capacity to view Live TV, access On Demand and all DVR functions is no longer available to XFinity X1 platform subscribers if you are trying to access from outside the US.  This function was available and functioning perfectly as recently as November 2016 when I was travelling for several weeks.  There is also apparently no subscription add-on one can purchase to gain this access.  The error message I receive when Itry to access is 102100.5 -Loading the specified resource has failed.    Has anyone else had this problem - and is it correct that Comcast appears to have terminated a service without notification to subscribers, or a replacement product/functionality?

when you are in usa you can download up to 10 recordings that you can watch anywhere on that device.

Expert
Moved:

Post Removed from the forums because the inserted images contained a Private Email Address. Please repost your issue with the Email Address REMOVED. Forum Guidelines can be reviewed here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Frequent Visitor

Re: xre-03007

What would cause this? I went from 804 to 808. The news was on 808 for about 4 minutes. I wanted to record something. I hit rewind. It said LIVE. I hit fast Forward again it said LIVE. The only way I fixed this was to hit pause. This corrected the X1 and I could rewind and fast foward as normal. Why does it seem like I am a beta tester? By the way I tell the X1 to delete shows I watch but it tells me that request is in process. So instead it erases programs I haven't watched yet.

Regular Visitor

Seeing others Recently Watched, Recordings and Devices

Ever since I received X1 service a few months ago I have had the problems (on DVR and TV app) of "Ghost Recordings", seeing someone else's "Recently Watched", having items on my DVR mysteriously deleted, and being able to see other people's devices being tied to my account under "Manage Devices" in the app

I have called Customer Service numerous times. I have gotten another box. There was a Moca (POE) filter installed yesterday bc they thought that would stop it. I did the research and thought that too, but the problem still persists.

I've changed my login info twice and only I know the credentials. I am sick of this issue.
Expert

@gatoreagle wrote:
Seeing others Recently Watched, Recordings and Devices

Ever since I received X1 service a few months ago I have had the problems (on DVR and TV app) of "Ghost Recordings", seeing someone else's "Recently Watched", having items on my DVR mysteriously deleted, and being able to see other people's devices being tied to my account under "Manage Devices" in the app

I have called Customer Service numerous times. I have gotten another box. There was a Moca (POE) filter installed yesterday bc they thought that would stop it. I did the research and thought that too, but the problem still persists.

I've changed my login info twice and only I know the credentials. I am sick of this issue.

on another recent thread on the forum a comcast employee said to call in and ask for a level 2 tech (877-896-8678) and ask the level 2 tech to use the x-ray tool to de-provision all your mobile devices. At that point with you having already changed the password, no one else can log in to your account.

Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@JustinRivera wrote:

Please help

I'd suggest swapping two HDMI cables between boxes and see if the problem follows the cable. If problem doesn't 'move', temporarily swap (for example) the DVR and Chromecast HDMI ports and test both inputs to see if problem moves to the Chromecast device and DVR begins working. 

My apologies, I thought I replied but I guess I forgot to hit the post button.  I tried your advice and still have no luck with a solution.  Same situation as my original concern.

Expert

swapping set top boxes temporarily in the home to test or swapping out the set top box at comcast would be the next tests I would try.

Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

swapping set top boxes temporarily in the home to test or swapping out the set top box at comcast would be the next tests I would try.

I've tried that as I stated in my original post.  What's weird is that my set top box with the issue will work fine in another tv in the house.  I try the known good box with my tv, and it still has no HDMI.  For some reason the issue only sticks to my tv.  But I have no issues using other HDMI devices on that tv, on that port.  I've tried putting my set top box on all my ports, different cables, and it still doesn't work.

Silver Problem Solver

@JustinRivera wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

I've tried that as I stated in my original post.  What's weird is that my set top box with the issue will work fine in another tv in the house.  I try the known good box with my tv, and it still has no HDMI.  For some reason the issue only sticks to my tv.  But I have no issues using other HDMI devices on that tv, on that port.  I've tried putting my set top box on all my ports, different cables, and it still doesn't work.

It sounds from this that the issue is with the outlet.

Whenver I have connection issues with my X1 system, I use my iPhone My Account app to check all my connections (I have six X1 connections).  

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-my-account/id776010987?mt=8

I have used it several times to address connection issues with my TV and my Xfinity Home system.

It can do a system refresh of your TV connections, sometimes clearing up common XRE issues.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

I have had nothing but problems with the x1 platform, picture will freeze, or it will stick on one channel and won't let you change the channel. I get error messages so many times a day, I'm so sick of calling tech help, they never help!!! I'm once more waiting for tech help to show up between 10 and 12. This is the absolute worst service ever!!! I want to get rid of their service but they will charge me to disconnect. As soon as I can I will change to another cable provider. Never again will I use xfinity1

Expert

@annhulsman4725 wrote:

I have had nothing but problems with the x1 platform, picture will freeze, or it will stick on one channel and won't let you change the channel. I get error messages so many times a day, I'm so sick of calling tech help, they never help!!! I'm once more waiting for tech help to show up between 10 and 12. This is the absolute worst service ever!!! I want to get rid of their service but they will charge me to disconnect. As soon as I can I will change to another cable provider. Never again will I use xfinity1

hi, another customer here. What have you tried to get your bad signal fixed? You might want to call 877-896-8678 and ask the representative to run diagnostics on your signal levels for your set top boxes.

New Poster

I recently upgraded to X1 service and Xfinity sent me boxes to replace the boxes on my five screens.  I tried to activate X1 box on my main screen and it would not power up.  Called Xfinity and after about one hour working with rep on phone, no results.  Called Xfinity to report this and was asked to reinstall X1 box.  I did and box would not power up.  Rep said she would send me another box.  I tried to activate the replacement box and it would not power up.  Another hour with Xfinity rep and no results.  I did an online search regarding the X1 service and results show much trouble with the X1 boxes.  Tomorrow all six boxes that were sent to me are going back.  Not worth the hassle.  I should say that I have constant issues with Xfinity service and have had numerous visits from techs.  It once took months to resolve an internet conectivity issue.  Line to my house was replaced three times.  Finally, a tech came out and noticed that my line was plugged into a defective port.  Currently, I need to reboot my modem several times a week because of internet connection issues.  I have had techs visit with no results.  Of course, Xfinity wants to bill for these useless tech calls.  If there was a viable alternative to Xfinity in my area, I would change in a minute.  

Silver Problem Solver
Moved:

Silver Problem Solver
New Poster

I have had Xfinity X1 service for about 6 months and am very happy with the service provided and the price. Within the last couple of months my X1 receiver keeps freezing at least once every other day. The picture freezes and I can change channels the audio will change to the new channel but the video picture stays the same, frozen. I have to do a refresh which takes about 10 minutes to get it to work again. I have not called support yet but if it gets any worse I will. Anything I should be doing? Any tips would be appreciated. 

Expert

@Skydave13 wrote:

I have had Xfinity X1 service for about 6 months and am very happy with the service provided and the price. Within the last couple of months my X1 receiver keeps freezing at least once every other day. The picture freezes and I can change channels the audio will change to the new channel but the video picture stays the same, frozen. I have to do a refresh which takes about 10 minutes to get it to work again. I have not called support yet but if it gets any worse I will. Anything I should be doing? Any tips would be appreciated. 

you are describing what happens when a DHCP (HD security system) has a failed handshake causing the sending device to turn off the video. Try swapping the ends of your HDMI cable (will change the cable stress and will scrape the connectors as the plugs are reversed. You could swap an HDMI cable from another device in the same way.

Most Valued Poster

ghost recordings are back. Started about a month or two ago. I have like 3-5 recordings a day that dont delete and hang around for a couple days.
Anyone else?
Expert

@adammusic22 wrote:
ghost recordings are back. Started about a month or two ago. I have like 3-5 recordings a day that dont delete and hang around for a couple days.
Anyone else?

when your box reboots the ghost listings will disappear. To update immediately, press the xfinity button on the remote >> device settings >> sync DVR (now). Problem has never been fixed as far as I know. 

Regular Contributor

I think you meant HDCP Smiley Happy
Most Valued Poster

@adammusic22 wrote:
Anyone else?

Oh yes...the problem never went away and is worse than ever. We should not have to use 'sync dvr' or reboot to force deletions. Nothing seems to have been done to fix this.

Regular Visitor

Same problem here...frozen video, but audio continues on...no channel change possible. Box still responds to "Settings"/"Help"/"Restart".  Happens about once a week to our DVR (AX013ANM), and occasionally to our extra room small boxes (CXD01ANI), but I think technically that the DVR/main box feeds("IP tuner?") the extra room boxes anyway.  A recent install (2.5 months ago), so signal should still be OK. Also, do the "system restarts" that happen every night about 3am really deliver fixes/updates or is it mostly a "preventative maintence" reboot? Is there a listing of current software versions for the various Comcast boxes to see if mine is up to date?  Thanks.

Expert

@Brian_D wrote:

Same problem here...frozen video, but audio continues on...no channel change possible. Box still responds to "Settings"/"Help"/"Restart".  Happens about once a week to our DVR (AX013ANM), and occasionally to our extra room small boxes (CXD01ANI), but I think technically that the DVR/main box feeds("IP tuner?") the extra room boxes anyway.  A recent install (2.5 months ago), so signal should still be OK. Also, do the "system restarts" that happen every night about 3am really deliver fixes/updates or is it mostly a "preventative maintence" reboot? Is there a listing of current software versions for the various Comcast boxes to see if mine is up to date?  Thanks.

what you are experiencing appears to be an HDMI security issue with HDCP handshake error. To clear the error, unplug and replug the HDMI cable connectors or better swap ends on the cable (be sure to connect to the same HDMI port on the DVR). Typically it is a momentarily bad connection that happens for just a moment. 

Regular Contributor

@Brian_D wrote:

Yep. This issue started for a 'bunch' of us about the beginning of December. (Do a search for "Frozen Screen" or "Frozen Video"). Same exact issue as you.  Some of the people here continue to suggest that it's our Hardware (e.g., HDMI, etc.) or the SIGNAL getting lost, requiring a Service call.  I stand by my own experience that all of my HARDWARE & SIGNAL is rock solid. (I have NOT had the issue for over a week during some very very HEAVY Rain storms, but just a couple of days ago, SUNNY day, picture froze, Restarted.) I truly believe this is a Software error that for some reason more than just a few of us are affected by. Too coincidental, IMHO.

Gold Problem Solver

As I have said before,

While this issue appears to be impacting a bit more than a handful of people, this issue is not large enough to be considered a "software issue" or a "systemic issue". Far more people would be complaining. I have absolutely no issue with this but it should be noted my X1 signal levels are easily within spec.

I believe this is a local installation issue and anyone experiencing this problem needs to ride Comcast about defective signal issues. It almost sounds like a grounding or ingress/egress issue.

It should be pointed out that Comcast has not commented on this issue. That suggests they believe it a local installation issue. As proof to my point, Comcast acknowledged the audio drop out issue was on their end. Sounds like it is an audio codec issue. However they have never once acknowledged the audio sync issue. Why? Because they believe the audio sync issue is a local install issue...

Expert
Moved:

Gold Problem Solver

I know why my X1 service works reliably and has for over three years...

Pristine signal levels are and continue to be the Holy Grail of X1 service. The only person that can fully test all critical X1 signal levels is a Comcast tech who is on site.

I think the people experiencing this issue might have noise on their lines (ingress/egress) or they may have grounding issues...
Official Employee
Most Valued Poster

Ive had Auto Pad Recordings turned on since its inception.
Just recently, when i play a recording, it doesnt start from the very beginning (1 minute before show starts).
So i have to backup everytime i watch a recording. This happening to anyone else?
Regular Visitor

how to bring the tv setup box or modem online.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues - Series recording problem.

My Box:

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

I recently noticed that my box is failing to record some episodes of a series recording I set up about a year ago.

The recording parameters are:

record New and repeat episodes

Save until space is needed.

For some reason the software on the box is skipping episodes. ( They aren't  listed as being on the scheduled list), nor are they flagged in the guide listing. I have tried setting up the series recording again 3 times but it still doesn't take. I have been forced to manually set each episode to record. The software doesn't skip every episode but it has skipped episodes twice in the last two weeks.

I suggest everyone check their series recording to make sure they aren't missing episodes.  If the recording icon (little red circle with eclipses) is missing you won't record the show regardless of what the recording set up process says.

(I've been waiting for X! to malfunction as it's been a while since it mucked up something I've come to rely on)

Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

My Box:

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

I recently noticed that my box is failing to record some episodes of a series recording I set up about a year ago.

For some reason the software on the box is skipping episodes. ( They aren't  listed as being on the scheduled list), nor are they flagged in the guide listing. I have tried setting up the series recording again 3 times but it still doesn't take. I have been forced to manually set each episode to record. The software doesn't skip every episode but it has skipped episodes twice in the last two weeks.

I suggest everyone check their series recording to make sure they aren't missing episodes.  If the recording icon (little red circle with eclipses) is missing you won't record the show regardless of what the recording set up process says.

(I've been waiting for X! to malfunction as it's been a while since it mucked up something I've come to rely on)

Is it a new season of a show? Did they change the name like they do Surviver each year or some history documentaries? 

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

My Box:

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

Is it a new season of a show? Did they change the name like they do Surviver each year or some history documentaries? 

NO and NO.    Everything in the title is unchanged. There is should be no Parsing problem with the Title. I suspect something with the cloud or some other more subtle problem. The weird thing is it skips a couple of days and then works again. It seems like a flag is getting mis-set somewhere , perhaps in a schedule database.

PS: I said the record parameter was "NEW and REPEAT EPISODES" which should record everything.

Select "MYSHOW" from Comcast.GUIDE where GUIDE_TITLE = "Name of My Show" and Episode_Type = "NEW" or "REPEAT"

Official Employee

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

My Box:

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

NO and NO.    Everything in the title is unchanged. There is should be no Parsing problem with the Title. I suspect something with the cloud or some other more subtle problem. The weird thing is it skips a couple of days and then works again. It seems like a flag is getting mis-set somewhere , perhaps in a schedule database.

PS: I said the record parameter was "NEW and REPEAT EPISODES" which should record everything.

Select "MYSHOW" from Comcast.GUIDE where GUIDE_TITLE = "Name of My Show" and Episode_Type = "NEW" or "REPEAT"

What's the name of the show and channel?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Regular Contributor

Show = "Murder, She Wrote" - Channel 507 (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)

The series recordings also skipped episodes of "Matlock" on channel 507 (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)

None of this has occurred until our latest software update. Just another X! boondoggle to deal with.

PS: It's really irritating to get an E-mail about a post only to go to the link on the site and get a irritating message that "You don't have sufficient privilege's, Blah, Blah, Blah. Too many posts get zapped by Heavy handed letter of the forum law moderators. Give us a little room to breathe already.

Most Valued Poster

Finally just got a new tv. Vizio M43-C1. Connected to my XiD via HDMI.

Since I got it, sound has been cutting in & out & popping. I thought it was the Volume Leveling feature, but i just realized its not.

The audio cut outs are baked into the recording. I can rewind and the audio cut outs & blips in the same spot, with both Volume Leveling turned on & off via the Vizio.

So what can be the issue here?

Audio settings on XiD are :
HDMI Audio Output : Stereo

And I just tested my Vizio in the living room and the audio cuts out in the same spot on that tv.
My main box is an Arris XG1-A

Prior to getting my new tv, i havent heard or noticed any audio dropouts like this on my old tv & living room Vizio.
Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

@adammusic22 wrote:
Finally just got a new tv. Vizio M43-C1. Connected to my XiD via HDMI.

Since I got it, sound has been cutting in & out & popping. I thought it was the Volume Leveling feature, but i just realized its not.

The audio cut outs are baked into the recording. I can rewind and the audio cut outs & blips in the same spot, with both Volume Leveling turned on & off via the Vizio.

So what can be the issue here?

Audio settings on XiD are :
HDMI Audio Output : Stereo

And I just tested my Vizio in the living room and the audio cuts out in the same spot on that tv.
My main box is an Arris XG1-A

Prior to getting my new tv, i havent heard or noticed any audio dropouts like this on my old tv & living room Vizio.

1. Does your audio drop out during a live broadcast ? If so the cable source is the issue. Make sure the coaxial cable is firmly seated and not causing the problem. I suggest recording some shows while you watch them live to see what happens with the audio. Since the recording repoduces the problem at the same point if you rewind and replay I think that pretty much eliminates the TV HDMI connection as a culprit, however it wouldn't hurt to switch to another HDMI connection port on the TV to see what happens as HDMI connections are bidirectional due to the HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) protocol.

2. Popping could be a bad connection to the HDMI cable or a bad cable. (replace cable)

3. You may have a marginal disk drive in the Box. (low probability but possible) get new box.

4. Unfortunately, some TV brands and models just don't get along well with Comcast Boxes. My old Samsung HDTV kept dropping to 720p resolution but my newer Sony holds 1080p constantly. Sorry, I know this is the last thing you want to hear but it is something I have discovered.