CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

158 Messages

7 years ago

@atltiger wrote:

I get that exact same issue on my X1, it started probably within the last month and get the exact same, the picture will freeze, but you can change channels and the sound will change but the picture stays frozen not matter what, you have to reboot the box before it will clear up, i changed out the hdmi cable and still get the same issue, it is becoming very annoying.

Yes, it is NOT the HDMI cable connection !  We have very solid connections, gold HIGH end cables. This is definitely something in the later software over the last 3 weeks or so. We never saw this issue until then.

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Cody21 wrote:

@atltiger wrote:

I get that exact same issue on my X1, it started probably within the last month and get the exact same, the picture will freeze, but you can change channels and the sound will change but the picture stays frozen not matter what, you have to reboot the box before it will clear up, i changed out the hdmi cable and still get the same issue, it is becoming very annoying.

Yes, it is NOT the HDMI cable connection !  We have very solid connections, gold HIGH end cables. This is definitely something in the later software over the last 3 weeks or so. We never saw this issue until then.

Cody21 you and alttiger are not the only ones having the freeze issue. I found these other posts from just the past few days stating the exact problem. 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/quot-Something-s-not-quite-right-quot-message/m-p/2844866#M120673

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/picture-freezing-a-couple-of-times-a-week/m-p/2844723#M120693

Contributor

• 

158 Messages

7 years ago

@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@atltiger wrote:

Cody21 you and alttiger are not the only ones having the freeze issue. I found these other posts from just the past few days stating the exact problem. 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/quot-Something-s-not-quite-right-quot-message/m-p/2844866#M120673

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/picture-freezing-a-couple-of-times-a-week/m-p/2844723#M120693

Yea, I doubtedly this was isolated to just me .. 🙂    Hopefully the COMCAST TECHS are also experiencing this at their homes & are working to address it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Ditto my friends

Expert

• 

18K Messages

7 years ago

Comment removed from the forums.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

7 years ago

Something new today. All of a sudden, I have a bunch of recordings that I watched and deleted restored to my recordings list. They are all recordings I watched last month and then permanently deleted. There are a total of 38 recordings that have suddenly been restored. I guess someone fumble-fingered the cloud restore process for someone else because I haven't asked for any recordings to be restored.

I thought of one thing that is good about the cloud recordings. When I have to reboot the box while I'm making a recording, the cloud retains the integrity of the recording while I wait for all the irritating gratuitous messages before normal TV resumes.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Something new today. All of a sudden, I have a bunch of recordings that I watched and deleted restored to my recordings list. They are all recordings I watched last month and then permanently deleted. There are a total of 38 recordings that have suddenly been restored. I guess someone fumble-fingered the cloud restore process for someone else because I haven't asked for any recordings to be restored.

I thought of one thing that is good about the cloud recordings. When I have to reboot the box while I'm making a recording, the cloud retains the integrity of the recording while I wait for all the irritating gratuitous messages before normal TV resumes.

Oh No say it isn't so! We probably watched 100 over the last month and if they get restored I will be very unhappy to say the least. I spend so much time getting programs to delete the first time due to the 'ghost' delet and to have them all come back....OMG. Should I  imagine how you intend to get rid of them?  Delete one by one and then the 'ghost' delete effect will take place and they won't go away and you will have to sync the dvr and keep fingers crossed they don't come back again.  Sorry it happened to you....bad karma perhaps....lol. I know you know what I mean!

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I know what you mean TerriB. I had no trouble deleting them other than the fact that my thumb got tired. I have a suggestion for an improvement in the permanent delete process. You can delete a whole bunch of series recording with one button press, but to permanently delete them you still have to go one by one. I suggest that they be grouped as a subset in the deleted recording listing so they can all be permanently deleted with one press of the button. It would save a lot of time.

Have a Merry Xmas Everyone !

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Yes I know what you mean TerriB. I had no trouble deleting them other than the fact that my thumb got tired. I have a suggestion for an improvement in the permanent delete process. You can delete a whole bunch of series recording with one button press, but to permanently delete them you still have to go one by one. I suggest that they be grouped as a subset in the deleted recording listing so they can all be permanently deleted with one press of the button. It would save a lot of time.

Have a Merry Xmas Everyone !

I like that idea! In general wouldn't it be nice to delete a program and it actually goes away  and does NOT come back?

I hope everyone has a Happy and Merry Xmas!

Expert

• 

18K Messages

7 years ago

This is a USER-to-USER Support forum. If you as a user have a fix and refuse to share that information, then the POST is invalid and will be removed from the forums. Feel free to post back with the "fix" that you have stated you know,l

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

7 years ago

I have been recording and binge watching "Breaking Bad" and I hit an episode that started playback and then stopped after less than a minute and threw me back to my recordings listing. I tried it several times and it just would not play past a certain point. I decided to try FF X1, X2, X3  to see if I could skip past the bad part but no luck. So, I decided to try superspeed (the thunderbolt symbol) and sure enough it was going past the place where it stopped. Unlike a DVD that stops at a bad place on the disk and then restarts or jumps ahead to the next chapter, I was able to force the DVR past the bad place in the recorded video file and continue watching my show with only a small loss of content. Something to try if you ever end up with a similar problem to mine.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I have been recording and binge watching "Breaking Bad" and I hit an episode that started playback and then stopped after less than a minute and threw me back to my recordings listing. I tried it several times and it just would not play past a certain point. I decided to try FF X1, X2, X3  to see if I could skip past the bad part but no luck. So, I decided to try superspeed (the thunderbolt symbol) and sure enough it was going past the place where it stopped. Unlike a DVD that stops at a bad place on the disk and then restarts or jumps ahead to the next chapter, I was able to force the DVR past the bad place in the recorded video file and continue watching my show with only a small loss of content. Something to try if you ever end up with a similar problem to mine.

You may be able to see the missing part on a desk/laptop or a compatible smart device if the cloud recording isn't also missing that part of the show.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Please note, I have scoured this forum and have not found the information I am posting here anywhere. For that matter, NO phone tech has ever suggested it. It's not a "cure all" but it has worked for myself and many fellow condo X1 users.

When you call tech services they can confirm that your X1 box is receiving a signal. Once you know that you might want to try the three steps below.

Step 1, (this was the "kick myself moment for me") Hold down the Glowing Blue Power Button, unplug box, and release Power Button. Wait at least 45sec.

Step 2, Plug in box and notice that the Glowing Blue Power Button is Off!

Step 3, Push and release the once again Glowing Blue Power Button.

My X1 box rebooted in just under 3min's.

Hope this helps at least one reader here.

Letting me know if it worked for you would be nice:)

Billw

PS: I'm a 62 year old gamer and geek, I think this works in some cases because of the power buttons architecture and secondary functions. That's just a guess, but It is simular to the power button functions on my first (the first) HD satellite receiver.

Contributor

• 

158 Messages

7 years ago

@billw001 wrote:

Please note, I have scoured this forum and have not found the information I am posting here anywhere. For that matter, NO phone tech has ever suggested it. It's not a "cure all" but it has worked for myself and many fellow condo X1 users.

When you call tech services they can confirm that your X1 box is receiving a signal. Once you know that you might want to try the three steps below.

Step 1, (this was the "kick myself moment for me") Hold down the Glowing Blue Power Button, unplug box, and release Power Button. Wait at least 45sec.

Step 2, Plug in box and notice that the Glowing Blue Power Button is Off!

Step 3, Push and release the once again Glowing Blue Power Button.

My X1 box rebooted in just under 3min's.

Hope this helps at least one reader here.

Letting me know if it worked for you would be nice:)

Billw

PS: I'm a 62 year old gamer and geek, I think this works in some cases because of the power buttons architecture and secondary functions. That's just a guess, but It is simular to the power button functions on my first (the first) HD satellite receiver.

What is it that you are "fixing" by this exercise?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

Comcast provides a full account refresh that power recycles (reboots) the set top box. On the remote, press the "A" button >> System Refresh >> Refresh now. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here