CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

8 years ago

I can't answer if your box is bad, but if you swap your box (assuming it is a DVR) you will lose all your recordings.  If you had Cloud DVR turned on for your account, anything recorded to the Cloud DVR will still be available to you after the swap, but only on a smart device and PC.  You will NOT have to redo any scheduled recordings, they will transfer to your new DVR.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry Andrew, I had focused on your frequency theory, and did not give proper notice to that part.  Seeing as I did have a tech out who was originally going to swap out my box before it magically started to work after he ran a new piece of cable, I will defer to his original diagnosis, and swap my box out this week.  I was just hoping for some other solution from here, or someone who knows the diagnostic screen to give me something to look for there that could confirm or refine the diagnosis.

i will also be calling support tonight to see if we can get me up and running....again.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

Well that is interesting.  The tech who got me running the other night told me that I would need to redo all my series recordings.  I guess I will see.  as for my recordings, I am able to access recordings remotely, and I do feel good about some of them being in the cloud.  I just am not sure how many of my recordings will be retained in the cloud.  I was always under the impression that it wasn't everything.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

i still ill have not had anyone answer my question,,,maybe my box has gone bad? Will I lose my shows I have saved if I get a new one? I already know that I will have to redo my series recordings, but what else can I do?

Actually answered that in message #2. There's a possibility it could be a bad box and it could be a possibility of frequency issues. Only an onsite tech will be able to truly diagnose one way or another.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

If the last tech told you the box might be going bad, why don't you save yourself a tech visit and exchange your DVR at an Xfinity store.  If it turns out that wasn't the issue, then I would agree you would need a tech visit again, but the cost will be lost recordings on the physical DVR.  If it turns out the new box works, then you save yourself the time of waiting for Comcast to come..

This is exactly where I am at the moment.  Already had a tech out who was going to swap out my box, and have the same problem recurring, so next step is to do a box swap. 

It seems that my box's functionality deteriorates over time.  First my HD picture degrades, then I am unable to tune in my HD channels, but SD still comes in.  Then over time my SD picture goes the same route until I am unable to tune anything in.

As I mentioned above, I will contact Support again tonight to see if they can resurrect my box for the time being, and then I will exchange my box at Comcast as soon as I am able to get there (probably not until Wednesday).

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

8 years ago

I swapped out my DVR about a month ago.  All my series and one time scheduled recordings transferred to my new DVR within a few minutes after I connected the new one.  Sometimes you have to go into the menu and select "Sync DVR", but they will transfer over.  All my recordings that were on the physical DVR and on the Cloud DVR stayed on the Cloud DVR after the swap. Recordings will only stay on the Cloud DVR for 1 year only if you select that as a save option per recording.  My only issue with my swap was they gave me a broken box to begin with, and I had to go right back and get another one.  Not good quality control at the store.

If the last tech told you the box might be going bad, why don't you save yourself a tech visit and exchange your DVR at an Xfinity store.  If it turns out that wasn't the issue, then I would agree you would need a tech visit again, but the cost will be lost recordings on the physical DVR.  If it turns out the new box works, then you save yourself the time of waiting for Comcast to come.

@B_J_L wrote:

Well that is interesting.  The tech who got me running the other night told me that I would need to redo all my series recordings.  I guess I will see.  as for my recordings, I am able to access recordings remotely, and I do feel good about some of them being in the cloud.  I just am not sure how many of my recordings will be retained in the cloud.  I was always under the impression that it wasn't everything.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@B_J_L wrote:

Well, can't say I am surprised.  Woke up to the X1 box tuned to ABC SD, so tried to tune in an HD channel....unwatchable.  Will forego troubleshooting for now since I again need to go to work, but will once again try support when I get home this evening....

I did find a couple new error messages when trying to tune things in.  I got an XRE 03062 when trying to tune an HD channel in (CBS HD and CW HD).  I tried to watch an on-demand HD show, and got XRE-22 SRM-8101.

i still ill have not had anyone answer my question,,,maybe my box has gone bad?  Will I lose my shows I have saved if I get a new one?  I already know that I will have to redo my series recordings, but what else can I do?

i thougth the 03062 is a MoCA fail to communicate problem. did you ask the phone tech about that so the levels of MoCA could be checked? 877-896-8678

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@B_J_L wrote:

Well, can't say I am surprised.  Woke up to the X1 box tuned to ABC SD, so tried to tune in an HD channel....unwatchable.  Will forego troubleshooting for now since I again need to go to work, but will once again try support when I get home this evening....

I did find a couple new error messages when trying to tune things in.  I got an XRE 03062 when trying to tune an HD channel in (CBS HD and CW HD).  I tried to watch an on-demand HD show, and got XRE-22 SRM-8101.

i still ill have not had anyone answer my question,,,maybe my box has gone bad?  Will I lose my shows I have saved if I get a new one?  I already know that I will have to redo my series recordings, but what else can I do?

i thougth the 03062 is a MoCA fail to communicate problem. did you ask the phone tech about that so the levels of MoCA could be checked? 877-896-8678

03062 was new as of today, and I have not yet spoken to support tonight.  I came home to garbled HD (it WAS able to tune in the HD channel, it was just unwatchable).  The SD channels seem to work, so I will watch SD for now.  i just had a rough day and would rather not deal with troubleshooting unless I have to for now.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

Woke up to garbage on my screen and error messages again.  Got new new error code though:XRE-03059.  Called support but this time she was no help.  she tried sending a couple of signals, but it did not help.  She did not spend much time before suggesting a tech visit, so I don't think she did everything the previous woman from Denver did (this tech said that she could damage the box by sending more signals).

interestingly, per my last update I was able to watch SD last night, but later I was even able to watch HD channels.  When I went to sleep, all seemed like it was fine, and to my knowledge, noting was done to work the problem all day...it just magically improved to the point all was well. Then woke up to the same old story.

i see 2 possibilities here: my box has indeed gone bad (but is it bad in such a way that it will work fine on its own after not working); or there is some sort of other device upstream that is intermittently sending me degraded signals ( this all seemed to start may 11 after some sort of outage...everything including Internet was out, but then was restored within a couple hours).

i still plan on exchanging my box on Wednesday.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

I have a new tv being installed today and will be switching my Pace XG1 box from component to hdmi input. I notice that there are two hdmi ports on the back of the box (lined up next to each other as hdmi 1 and hdmi 2). I have been unable to find a manual or diagram indicating whether both or only one are active and if there is a preference for which one to use. I will have an installer here who will not want to fool around with this, so any info is much appreciated. Also is there any manual for this model of cable box?

Make & Model: PC px001anm

Serial Number: PAPV00969919

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

Wow! Thank you. That is bizarre to say the least. What are they thinking???

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

You just want the port labeled HDMI HD to TV.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

Ok, that's two conflicting answers. One says both hdmi ports on this model are disabled ... and the other says just connect?? Is there a definifitve answer somewhere or a Comcast technical expert who can jump in?

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

You can absolutely use HDMI. You mentioned HDMI1 and HDMI2, which Rick says are disabled (dunno never tried), but you should also have an HDMI HD to TV port which is what you should use on your new TV (it's what I'm using right now).

P.S. I have an ARRIS box. Assuming Pace has the same ports, but if not then one of your HDMI outputs will definitely work. Found this too:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Manual-for-the-XGP-1-PX001ANM-HD-DVR/td-p/1526033

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

Aha! You're right! There is a third hdmi port labeled hdmi to tv, which I am now assuming will work just fine. Thanks so much for the help. Since the other two ports are grouped together I didn't look for a third port in a completely different position; sorry for the oversight and thanks again to both responders for their assistance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here