CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

Are there any issues with our boxes because occasionally we'll have sound dropouts and we're blind so aren't sure if video drops out at the same time or not. Have we been having signal issues or anything lately?

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@Jdawg1 wrote:
Are there any issues with our boxes because occasionally we'll have sound dropouts and we're blind so aren't sure if video drops out at the same time or not. Have we been having signal issues or anything lately?

Hi Jdawg1.  Your boxes all look healthy.  Which box are you having this issue with?  I see you have one DVR and one non-DVR box.  Thanks, Neal

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@Jdawg1 wrote:
The Dvr mostly, also is the non dvr an any-room dvr? It was supposed to be

Yes it is.  It can access the saved assets stored on the DVR (called an XG1) in your house.  Are you using the voice guidance feature on your XG1 box to navigate the guide?

Regular Contributor

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

It's not voice guidance relayed as it does it when the voice guidance is off. What is moCA,?

Regular Contributor

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

I am. When i go to recordings on the non-dvr box, i get no recordings, it's like i never pressed the option cause when I right arrow i get scheduled.

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@Jdawg1 wrote:
I am. When i go to recordings on the non-dvr box, i get no recordings, it's like i never pressed the option cause when I right arrow i get scheduled.

Ok.  I suspect your audio issues might be related to the voice guidance.  I've submitted that portion to our accesibility team to review.  As for your DVR content issue, I see problems with your MoCA network in the home.  This needs to be resolved to access these recordings properly.  Can I help you setup a tech visit?  When might be the best time for you?

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@Jdawg1 wrote:
It's not voice guidance relayed as it does it when the voice guidance is off. What is moCA,?

MoCA is the technology used to create a network inside your home using the coax cable.  That coax allows us to "stream" the video from your DVR to the RNG150 box in your bedroom.  Without it functioning properly your boxes cannot connect to share this content.  A bad splitter or filter inline can cause issues.  A tech can quickly triage this for you.  Just let me know if I can help setup a time.  I've already let the local team near you know there is an issue we need to work through.

Regular Contributor

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

The Dvr mostly, also is the non dvr an any-room dvr? It was supposed to be

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

You will not be charged for a visit.  I will ensure that.

Regular Contributor

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

If there are issues having to do with signals being weak, which could be the reason for the audio dropouts, would we have to pay to get new wiring or would that be comcasts job to fix it? Cause when I rewind the dvr at the point where I heard the audio drop, there's either no drop, or it is very minimum compared to what it was when i was watching live tv.

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

Also for what it's worth, this is not a signal issue.  Your levels all look great.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

9 years ago

For the past couple of weeks when I watch a show I've recorded I am getting a lot of pixelating. Two shows were so bad that I couldn't watch them. Many shows were hard to track due to so many choppy sections. What can I do to address this? I hate to keep recording shows that are often unwatchable. Sometimes it freezes and I cannot get it to move on or go back.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Have issues at least once a week which I can usually fix myself by rebooting a few times. However, tonight I have no signal whatsoever on the screen. I switched around HDMI cords, but it did not make a difference. The box appears to be ok, with the power button on, and time displayed. Very, very frustrated with X1 in the few months I've had it. Moving soon, and ready to switch to Verizon.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

And the X1 problems continue. Amazing how long people will continue to pay for such junk. When will you people learn this product is NOT worth the money? This product is still in experiment process and you the customers are the lab rats. Wake up people. I got rid of the X1 a month ago and my headaches went with it. Try Dish Network. I did. And my bill is $25 cheaper for more channels. But keep calling 1-800-COMCAST. You are at the main menu... LOL

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just cancelled all Comcast service today after a nightmare experience.

I had called in to lower my bill as my old DVR with one extra room (with internet) service had gotten to over $206 a month. I got setup with a X1 package that was supposed to be $122/month OTD - this was a fair price I thought.

After getting all of my X1 equipment swapped in and setup, I noticed digital artifiacting in the image on an intermitant basis.

I called tech support who did all their reset things (which I had already done with the my account app) and they decided that they would send a technician out to further troubleshoot.

The tech showed up without the phone call 30 minutes in advance as promised only to find that the previous tech (who had installed the original anyroom service) had installed a one way filter backwards, and that the splitter used outside the house had too much loss. After fixing those things - he said that my signal just barely passed for X1 service, and that they would look into upgrading my neighborhood. Talk is cheap. 

Nothing was done for the neighborhood, and it turned out that they charged me $70 for the tech to come out and determine that their service was barely cutting it. For a week it seemed that things had improved - perhaps that filter being backwards really was the issue?! 

Then when going to watch a pre-recorded show from the night before, it was so full of digital artifacting and glitching, that it was un-watchable. 

I called in to get tier two tech support last night (the field tech said to do so) and after going back and forth with the phone rep, supposedly tier two refused to take my call. That was it.

Today is the last day I will be a Comcast customer. 

Not only was this new X1 service terrible in my area - the supposed jump from the 105 mbps internet service to 50 mbps turned into more like 20 mbps. (After I used to have 120 mbps at times from the 105 package) I know there is no lack of bandwidth at my address - it just seems that something else must be wrong. Perhaps the ping was too long X1 to work well? Dunno - but I'm done!

Oh, and the fact that they tried charging me for the service call without ever informing me - that's bordering on criminal if you ask me. Most hated company in America - seems for good reason.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here