CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

ComcastLinda;

Here is the latest Freeze Problem times:

Installed on the 5th
Froze up - Called Xfinity - 7th
Froze up - Recycled Power - 8th
Froze up - Recycled Power - 11th
Froze up - Recycled Power - 11th  1420  15:18
Froze up - Recycled Power - 12th  1628
Froze up - Recycled Power - 13th  1535  20:56  2332  2339 2352 
Froze up - Recycled Power - 14th  0001 

BTW, they can call me now if they want.

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

An old issue from June 2013 (approximately) has re-surfaced after being fixed for almost a year now... the dreaded SKIP AHEAD bug on the slave boxes (not the DVR box).  If you click "page up" for 30 second skip, sometimes it works, but often towards the end of the recording it stops working, then all of a sudden the program starts from the beginning again.  This is when you are watching shows on the small slave box that have been recorded on the DVR.

They fixed this once - hope they can squash it again!

Thank you Comcast employees... it seems like you're all really getting involved in this forum after a long period where it seemed like there were only a few doing it after all their primary responsibilities.

Official Employee

• 

909 Messages

10 years ago

Hello raffenet

My apologies for all the trouble with your new X1 boxes, looks like your experience is related to the signal levels.  I can schedule a tech for you to check the levels, please let me know which date/time works for you.  

Thanks,

Comcast Irma 

Expert

• 

18K Messages

10 years ago

I thoght I would add something I noticed...

On Friday afternoon, @ 5:03pm, the DVR unexpectedly SHUT DOWN & REBOOTED without any prompting from me....  WHIole findint his very strange, I waited until alll had settles and was performing and went into the DIagnostics....

Lo & Behold....  I find the IP addresses of both the DVR and one of the STBs has now changed....

It looks to me that Comcast was upgrading the X1 network infrastrucure in South FLorida ( be it switch upgrades, new equipment, new routing, etc ).....  and had to "FLIP" the switch at some point and decided that 5:03pm on Friday was the time to do that....

Have not seen any problems with DVR  at this time  ( however, I WILL be postying an interesting experience from SUnday night ) in a new thread.

-=Ray=-

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Can the levels be checked remotely, or does the tech have to have access to my apartment?

The installation was less than a month ago, and the tech we had showed up an hour after the stated window. Having to sit through another window is pretty much the last thing I want to do. I'd prefer if I can drop off and exchange my X1 box for a regular HD box at an office. Is that possible?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I've had the same issues. Especially with an ultra slow interface. You press a button on the remote once and it reacts as if you hit the button 3 times. 

Another problem we have is that dreaded XRE-00018 error code, forcing me to turn my X1 box off for at least 5-10 minutes before it will start receiving channels again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

@RickGr4 wrote:

It's not a bad box. Exchanging for another x1 box won't solve anything. Getting an old legacy box might fix it but it is very possible something recently changed with your signals.

A tech needs to measure and test your signal where the box is located so yes, you will need to provide access...

X1 boxes have different requires for signal level and signal quality, both incoming and outgoing. What worked with old legacy boxes doesn't always work with X1. When I read your first post, I knew right away you had signal issues that needed to be addressed by an on sight tech visit.

I don't want an X1 box any more. If I can get an old HD cable box that does not have the signal requirements, that is what I prefer. X1 not worth the hassle of having to sit around waiting for a tech. If something really did happen to my signal in the 3 weeks that I've had the service, I feel I deserve a refund.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

@RickGr4 wrote:

Any refunds are between you and Comcast. Nobody here can help you with this. If there is a signal related issue, it depends upon if it is inside or outside of your house. You need to call in and state your case.

Yes you should be able to go into a Comcast store and exchange for a legacy box. Just be aware, if you have a new signal related issue that could effect a legacy box as well...

I appreciate you're trying to be helpful. My primary goal here was hear from official Comcast support (who replied to my original post) and let them know how bad the customer service has been so far with my subscription. My installation tech missed our appointment window, and did such a poor job that I apparently need another visit just to have functioning service. And that is in addition to all the hours spent on the phone trying to find someone knowledgeable enough to know how to schedule an installation at my building. It's not like high-rise apartment buildings are uncommon in my city.

Official Employee

• 

909 Messages

10 years ago

Hello raffenet

I understand your frustration but as soon as we correct the levels, you will be able to enjoy your X1.  I have an appointment for tomorrow between 1-3 PM   I will send an email to dispatch to make sure tech shows within the window time frame or I can send you an email tomorrow advising you what time tech will be there.   I pulled out your block and looks like the entire building has signal issues.  If you still want to exchange it for an HD Legacy box, you can do that at any service center or I can mail you one; however, I still think that we should send a tech to check the levels.  

Please let me know if you want to keep the appointment.

Thanks,

Comcast Irma 

Official Employee

• 

909 Messages

10 years ago

I have all day open on Friday 10/17, what time works better for you?  I have 8-10 , 10-12, 1-3, 3-5, 5-7.

Comcast Irma

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Is something available Friday? Tomorrow does not fit with my schedule. Nor Thursday.

What is the solution if the signal problem is affecting the whole building? How long has the problem been known?

Problem Solver

• 

591 Messages

10 years ago

With the new 1.3.4p1s7 firmware on my Companion box, I can now adjust the device lights brightness. However, once I do so, the lights all become lit and do not turn off after I am finished adjusting the brightness unless I turn the box off. Is this normal?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I prefer 8-10am. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

909 Messages

10 years ago

Your appointment has been confirmed for Friday 10/17/14 between 8-10 AM.   Please keep me posted after tech's visit.

Thanks, 

Comcast Irma 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We have one main x1 DVR, and two smaller boxes in other rooms. In one room, the smaller box works perfectly, in the other room, the box offten says "Cannot connect to DVR, please make sure it is turned on", even though I can see the recordings listed on screen...."I know its turned on, people are watching THAT tv, thats why I'm in this room..." is what I usually say out loud.

Sometimes, resetting the box (unplug, wait, plug back in) works....but often that does not work and I'm forced to not watch what I wanted and find something on live TV.

As of yesterday, now its saying that there is no DVR, it doesnt show any of the recordings, and the remote will only work if I hold it 2 inches from the box (I already replaced the batteries in the remote so that isnt the issue).

Is this a faulty box?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here