Community Forum

Smart resume not working

Regular Contributor

Smart resume not working

I have Smart resume on yet every show I taped this week none of the commercials are able to be skipped this is on CBS and ABC
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Smart resume not working

@Laurie wrote:
I have Smart resume on yet every show I taped this week none of the commercials are able to be skipped this is on CBS and ABC

Were they recorded programs?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I have the same issue and see the amber marks where it should skip the commercials but it didn't work. 

Expert

@ReyLopez wrote:

I have the same issue and see the amber marks where it should skip the commercials but it didn't work. 

when the commercial(s) begin do you press the fast forward button on the remote? If so, does it start to fast forward? does the visible fast forward show the next non-commecial segment and then rewinds to the end of the last commercial and start playing the next segment of the recorded show? Or?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I press the FFWD and it just keeps going past the mark. Isn't it supposed to automatically stop?
Regular Contributor

Yes, if the timeline has the color coded marks it should stop.  It is an option, though.  Make sure it is still turned on in settings>preferences>general.

Contributor

Yeah it's on. I'll try again in a few days. Thank you
Most Valued Poster

@Laurie wrote:

Glad I am not the only one who is noticing that its not always working as it should.  At first we thought it was just ABC and CBS but seems to be more than that. I sure wish someone could explain this.