kjakubowsk's profile

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

Sunday, July 12th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Replaced 2 boxes, how do we get the old ones to disappear?

We have four boxes in our house named:

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Bedroom 2

Basement

The Living Room and Master Bedroom boxes are DVRs, the other two are just remote boxes.

Yesterday, I had to replace the Living Room and Bedroom 2 boxes.  I hooked the new ones up and named them "Living Room New" and "Bedroom 2 New".

Looking at my Remote app, I see all six boxes listed instead of just my current four.  Also, when I look at scheduled recordings, many are still scheduled for the Living Room box but we don't have that box anymore.

How do I get the Living Room and Bedroom 2 boxes to stop displaying on the Xfinity remote app (they seem to be gone from the My Account app) and X1 service and how do I get those scheduled recordings moved over to Living Room 2 instead of Living Room?  Do I have to delete everything scheduled for Living Room and reschedule them?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s going to take a few days for the account changes to kick in

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@kjakubowsk wrote:

We have four boxes in our house named:

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Bedroom 2

Basement

The Living Room and Master Bedroom boxes are DVRs, the other two are just remote boxes.

Yesterday, I had to replace the Living Room and Bedroom 2 boxes.  I hooked the new ones up and named them "Living Room New" and "Bedroom 2 New".

Looking at my Remote app, I see all six boxes listed instead of just my current four.  Also, when I look at scheduled recordings, many are still scheduled for the Living Room box but we don't have that box anymore.

How do I get the Living Room and Bedroom 2 boxes to stop displaying on the Xfinity remote app (they seem to be gone from the My Account app) and X1 service and how do I get those scheduled recordings moved over to Living Room 2 instead of Living Room?  Do I have to delete everything scheduled for Living Room and reschedule them?

they are removed from your billing but until the warehouse/service facility checks them in, they still appear on some of the lists of equipment. Due to Covid-19 pandemic there are many delays. If it goes longer than 90 days ask again.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here