bdpiper's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

RDK-03033 Errors

About a week ago, we started getting three or four cable box crashes a day. The video just locks up and the cable box needs to be restarted. The "My Account" app still thinks everything is fine and there are no outages. I've checked the connections and they are all tight. At this point not sure what to do next. To recap, we did the following:

1. Check connections
  2. Restarted cable box
  3. Uplugged cable box for 30 seconds and repowered

Although each time the box restarts, it is still crashing 3 to 4 times a day. Any ideas would be appreciated

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

Did you check - did it make a difference for you?  Just curious.   It's not likely it's the same issue since  yours began a couple of months ago....

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

4 years ago

Ha, My box has been doing the same thing. except worse. I can only watch the QVC and JTV channels. No other channels work. I get the RDK 3026, XRE 3026, XRE0021, and XRE 3021. Mainly the Cannot tune to channel. 
Other boxes in home work fine. Most likely this one has failed since its the main box. Going to be swapping mine after asking how to fully reset and remove my data from it. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

I 'spoke' too soon.   Since I moved my daily reboot to noon-2pm - I can check in the afternoon to see if my tv box is working - inevitably am getting the same set of errors including the rdk-03033.  Yesterday and today I restarted the tv box which didn't clear it;  and then did a system refresh.  So either they rolled out a 'fix' that brought the issue back  or more likely was not fixed in the first place. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@scheibl wrote:

I 'spoke' too soon.   Since I moved my daily reboot to noon-2pm - I can check in the afternoon to see if my tv box is working - inevitably am getting the same set of errors including the rdk-03033.  Yesterday and today I restarted the tv box which didn't clear it;  and then did a system refresh.  So either they rolled out a 'fix' that brought the issue back  or more likely was not fixed in the first place. 

call 800-Comcast and request a home service call (they can test on the outside of the home if necessary. Your set top box is having problems reaching the Comcast server.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben   Yes - I have an entirely recreatable sequence.  After daily refresh/reboot (which I've scheduled between noon and 2pm), DVR is perfectly ok;  tv box fails every time.  The only way to clear it and the various messages (not just rdk-03033) is to do an individual restart of the tv box.  Then the tv box works fine until the next day's reboot.  

I was expecting a call from local 'level 2) but it has not happened.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

We finally had a call from level 2 and then a tech visit this morning.  He replaced the outside line which he said had caused a weak signal, installed a MoCA filter outside the house and mentioned that we have interference in the house.  We have an 8-way splitter that has terminators on the unused drops, however he recommended going to a 4-way splitter and said that will improve the signal to each of the devices that are used.

I'm hoping that will eliminate the need for the daily reboot of the tv box.  If it doesn't I'll be back here 😉

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We are still getting the rdk03033 error message. These answers don't have a date, so I don't know when you're doing or did the update. But we've been having this problem for months. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Ronandkat wrote:

We are still getting the rdk03033 error message. These answers don't have a date, so I don't know when you're doing or did the update. But we've been having this problem for months. 

call 800-Comcast and request a home service call (they can test on the outside of the home if necessary. Your set top box is having problems reaching the Comcast server.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We have been having these problems since early June. We also lose internet - not just receiving the RDK-03033 message when it goes out. Outages were almost anytime of the day, but now mostly in the late evening and night. Have called multiple times,had a tech out who said the problem is a neighborhood issue, and told they were working in the neighborhood the week before last. I am getting a credit until they fix the problem. I received several follow ups via fb messenger, but, after several outages and messages I sent to them this weekend, I have not heard back. May be time to file an informal complaint with the FCC. Zoom meetings do not work without the internet!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Shannonv wrote:

We have been having these problems since early June. We also lose internet - not just receiving the RDK-03033 message when it goes out. Outages were almost anytime of the day, but now mostly in the late evening and night. Have called multiple times,had a tech out who said the problem is a neighborhood issue, and told they were working in the neighborhood the week before last. I am getting a credit until they fix the problem. I received several follow ups via fb messenger, but, after several outages and messages I sent to them this weekend, I have not heard back. May be time to file an informal complaint with the FCC. Zoom meetings do not work without the internet!

that code means the set top box can not reach the Comcast servers. This is usually due to low signal and/or high noise on your cable line. Do you know and can describe your inside home wiring (splitters/amps)? do you have multiple set top boxes in the home? if so, do they also have the same problem? What have you done toward scheduling a tech visit to verify connection outside your home is up to standards?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We lost internet and received the code on all of our televisions- three with boxes - one is the main box, of course. We had a tech come out in December due to cable picture quality - lovely pixels disrupting the picture. At that time, he said there was an attenuation of the signal, so we moved the main box, and they installed a new cable from our house to the premise/junction box. Then, in late May/early June we started losing the internet - during at random times throughout the day - while we had zoom meetings. It was mid-June when we noticed the cable tv was also affected, andI called during one of the outages, so they agreed to send a tech. The tech checked everything in our house and at the junction box and told us the problem was beyond his responsibility because it was a neighborhood equipment problem. They had an outage for maintenance in our neighborhood early this morning that they think will fix it. Been told that before, but hoping for the best.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Shannonv wrote:

We lost internet and received the code on all of our televisions- three with boxes - one is the main box, of course. We had a tech come out in December due to cable picture quality - lovely pixels disrupting the picture. At that time, he said there was an attenuation of the signal, so we moved the main box, and they installed a new cable from our house to the premise/junction box. Then, in late May/early June we started losing the internet - during at random times throughout the day - while we had zoom meetings. It was mid-June when we noticed the cable tv was also affected, andI called during one of the outages, so they agreed to send a tech. The tech checked everything in our house and at the junction box and told us the problem was beyond his responsibility because it was a neighborhood equipment problem. They had an outage for maintenance in our neighborhood early this morning that they think will fix it. Been told that before, but hoping for the best.

you are not seeing bad connection messages between set top boxes in your home, that 03033 is that the signal coming in is bad. have you contacted via the app support to set up a service call? you can type agent repeatedly on the chat if the menu does not lead to a live chat agent.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

This issue has NOT been resolved. We started having these very same issues August 7, 2020, and continue to have them every single morning. PLEASE fix this issue!

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I receive RDK-03004 and RDK-03033. Internet is working fine and all other boxes in the house work fine. I am never able to restart or reboot the box via the xfinity app. I always have to completely unplug the box, at least 3 times, before it finally connects and starts working properly again. And even after this, that box will show that it’s “not connected” when I look on my account on the xFinity app.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@thezogs wrote:
This issue has NOT been resolved. We started having these very same issues August 7, 2020, and continue to have them every single morning. PLEASE fix this issue!

what error message/error numbers do you receive? does your internet work properly?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here