Community Forum

Prime Video App Won't Launch

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Prime Video App Won't Launch

If I press the Xfinity button on my remote and go to Apps and click on the Prime Video App it launches and you get a blue screen with the Prime Video logo and 3 white dots on the bottom.  After a couple of minutes the 3 dots go away but the blue screen stays and does not go away.  If I press Exit and get out of it and then press the Xfinity button and go to Settings then Help then Reset, my cable box resets.  I can then go back to Apps and press the Prime Video button and it loads normally.  But the next day when I turn on my tv and try to load Prime Video I have the same problem and have to reset the cable box again.

I am an Amazon Prime member and when I can get it to load it works just fine.

I do not have this problem with any other apps such as Netflix or Youtube.

I do not have this problem with any of the other 2 tvs in my home.

I have reset my cable box, got into my Prime Video app, and logged out of this device and logged back in but I continue to have the same problem.

There is button in Xfinity/Settings/Help named Reset Netflix.  Is there a way to Reset Prime Video?  Is there a way to uninstall the Prime Video app on my cable box and re-install it?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Prime Video App Won't Launch

I have the same issue apparently

Highlighted
New Poster

I can’t get the app to launch either!
Highlighted
New Poster

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue and cant find anything to solve the issue. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. I can launch Prime Video directly from my smart TV's app using the Samsung remotr, but can't when I use Xfinity's box and remote. Don't want to use two remotes. No problem with Netflix or other internet streaming apps through Xfinity. What gives? Why do I have to reboot the box and wait, wait, wait to see if it will work?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

The Prime app has to be linked to Xfinity.

Sign in, stream on

Simply say “Prime Video”

Use your X1 voice remote, or find it in the Apps section of the Main Menu.

Sign in to Prime

Enter your Amazon username and password once to sign in to your Prime account on X1.

Watch anytime

Enjoy your favorite shows and movies, including award-winning Amazon Originals.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, but I am a Prime member and am linked to the App. This just started about 2-3 weeks ago. The App starts up and says Prime Video and the 3 dots below indicates that it is loading, but it never connects. Rebooting the box sometimes works. But shouldn't have to do this every time I want to watch.

Howard