Mike5611's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Noisy DVR

We recently upgraded to a new level of service. With this came a set-top box with DVR, labeled XGP-1 on the front and PX013ANM on the bottom.

This is unbearably noisy. It produces a tone that can be heard clear across the room. Not usable by us. There is some kind of moving part. A fan? hard disk?

I have asked Comcast for a replacement. Is it likely to be better? Anything else I should ask?

THANKS

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Mikw-48 wrote:

We recently upgraded to a new level of service. With this came a set-top box with DVR, labeled XGP-1 on the front and PX013ANM on the bottom.

This is unbearably noisy. It produces a tone that can be heard clear across the room. Not usable by us. There is some kind of moving part. A fan? hard disk?

I have asked Comcast for a replacement. Is it likely to be better? Anything else I should ask?

THANKS

the latest DVR xg1v4 has a solid state drive (no spinning disk) and is noise free (I have 4 of them).

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, @Rustyben !

Is there a way I can recognize it at the Comcast office? Does it say "V4" somewhere on it?

P.S. After asking, I found photos on the Web. I'll take one with me to the office.  M.

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks again, @Rustyben ! I installed the new box this morning. The silence is wonderful!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, Mikw-48. So glad you're happier with the new box! Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here