Phillyguy215's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, January 31st, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Netflix not loading

When I try to load anything Netflix on my x1, nothing happens. I see three dots for a second and it goes right back to the channel I was on. Everything else works, including amazon prime. Also Netflix works on all other devices, including directly through the smart TV. I tried restarting x1 and same issue. Is there a known issue causing this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Momster414, thanks for letting us know about those Netflix loading issues on your x1 box! My favorite thing to do after work is to unwind with some Netflix on my DVR so I know not being able to access this for you is a big inconvenience. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

I was just looking to see if anybody else was having issues with Netflix. I was having the same issue this evening and Netflix was working this morning (I am in SE Michigan). I unplugged my DVR for 10 seconds to reset the unit (just did this @ 10:45 pm EST). Everything is working now. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Phillyguy215 wrote:
When I try to load anything Netflix on my x1, nothing happens. I see three dots for a second and it goes right back to the channel I was on. Everything else works, including amazon prime. Also Netflix works on all other devices, including directly through the smart TV. I tried restarting x1 and same issue. Is there a known issue causing this?

does the youtubre app work? are you able to successfully access netflix from a smart device? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We are having the exact same issues with our box. Just got it on and working today and Amazon prime works perfectly fine in both the front room and bedroom. Netflix works in the front room but loads for a second in the bedroom and goes directly back to previous channel. Any advice would be extremely grateful. We have done all the restart option suggested with no luck

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jessicabednarko wrote:
We are having the exact same issues with our box. Just got it on and working today and Amazon prime works perfectly fine in both the front room and bedroom. Netflix works in the front room but loads for a second in the bedroom and goes directly back to previous channel. Any advice would be extremely grateful. We have done all the restart option suggested with no luck

did you press the A button and select 'reset netflix'?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Mine is doing the same thing. I tried resetting Netflix and it didn’t work. Any other ideas?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Momster414 wrote:
Mine is doing the same thing. I tried resetting Netflix and it didn’t work. Any other ideas?

If you have a "smart" television, use the Netflix app found on the television (using the television's remote). The cable-boxes do get updates mainly for hacking vulnerabilities. The last update might have caused an unwanted issue. The app on the television goes directly over the Internet and does not involve the cable-box. You can reset the cable-boxes and go back through Comcast when they are working again for you.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue.. TV that has hardwired Comcast cable works
TV with wifi connection netflix tries to load then goes back to prior channel

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Netflix not working on my wireless box. Tried resetting Netflix using A button, still doesn't work. Other internet-based apps work fine. When attempting to access the Netflix app, just goes back to channel it was on. Side issue: can't turn on CC (captions) in Prime Video app. I navigate to the command to turn them on, but they don't show up. When I go back to the CC command, it's showing as "off" again. Every time.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Powelldre wrote:
Netflix not working on my wireless box. Tried resetting Netflix using A button, still doesn't work. Other internet-based apps work fine. When attempting to access the Netflix app, just goes back to channel it was on. Side issue: can't turn on CC (captions) in Prime Video app. I navigate to the command to turn them on, but they don't show up. When I go back to the CC command, it's showing as "off" again. Every time.

you may be maxed out on concurrent streams for netflix. Amazon video has a menu before you play a movie/TV episode that says 'subtitles' (like DVD). 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I just spent 20 minutes with L2 support. This is a reported and known outage with Xfinity. No resolution time, no communication, nothing from Xfinity. 

Timing is horrible as Disney just began steaming. Really wondering why I pay xfinity what I do. Known outage for several days but "Engineers are on it"

I work for support desks, I was just fed a load of stuff (cant use actual words to describe Xfinity, because they are "bad" (read: true). 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a smart TV with a Netflix Button on the TV Controller. When I press the Netflix Button I usually get a message stating that Netflix is unavailable. Restarting my Xfinity Set-top Box will correct the problem most of the time. Doing a system refresh sometimes helps too, but takes longer. It’s like the Xfinity Wifi box is fighting to keep me from using my Netflix account without paying Xfinity to go through them at an added cost.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

This thread is for Netflix not loading on an X1 box, not your personal equipment. You may have to troubleshoot with your TV manufacturer.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here