Community Forum

I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!

New Poster

I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!

This past week I have to unplug and reboot my TV every morning to get it to begin televising.  Not when I come home at night.  Just in the morning.   

What is the PROBLEM??

Silver Problem Solver

Re: I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!


@annievl wrote:

This past week I have to unplug and reboot my TV every morning to get it to begin televising.  Not when I come home at night.  Just in the morning.   

What is the PROBLEM??


You might need to schedule a tech visit.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Re: I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!

do you have a 4K dvr ? and has this started happening recently ?

I have a 4K dvr and this has started happening for me too. This issue had gone away for a while but it seems to have come back for the last month or so.

 

For me even rebooting does not work. The only thing that works is - unplug the HDMI cable, reboot the box, wait for 5 mins and then plug the HDMI cable back in.

 

It is way above high time that either xfinity fixes this issue or just swaps out the boxes and gives customers ones that actually work.

 

Expert

Re: I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!


@Xfin_user wrote:

do you have a 4K dvr ? and has this started happening recently ?

I have a 4K dvr and this has started happening for me too. This issue had gone away for a while but it seems to have come back for the last month or so.

 

For me even rebooting does not work. The only thing that works is - unplug the HDMI cable, reboot the box, wait for 5 mins and then plug the HDMI cable back in.

 

It is way above high time that either xfinity fixes this issue or just swaps out the boxes and gives customers ones that actually work.


what is the symptom that causes you to reboot? did you try turning off power saver?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!

I have changed x1 boxes 4 times. Still have this same problem. Even tried the DVR that is wired to coaxial cable. My tv is a Phillips.
Contributor

Re: I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!

@Rustyben 

The symptom is that when I turn on the tv and dvr to watch tv, I get a blank screen. My TV says "no input detected on hdmi". even when the dvr is actually on.

I can turn the turning power saver off for testing purpose but I do want to use the power saver.

 

Expert

Re: I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!


@Xfin_user wrote:

@Rustyben 

The symptom is that when I turn on the tv and dvr to watch tv, I get a blank screen. My TV says "no input detected on hdmi". even when the dvr is actually on.

I can turn the turning power saver off for testing purpose but I do want to use the power saver.


the TV/set top box connection are not working together. the power savings for an older spinning hard drive (less efficient than SSD) was less than $1 savings if left in standby 24/7/365. the main unit is on all the time just turns off the interfaces (HDMI)

and clocks if any.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!