Community Forum

Fox Channel Lip Synch off with Soundbar

Frequent Visitor

Fox Channel Lip Synch off with Soundbar

Whenever I use my soundbar, Fox channel goes out of sync no matter what X1 Audio setting I choose for the HDMI output or the TV input. X1 restarts do not help. Other channels are fine. I’ve been troubleshooting this for weeks now...
Expert

Re: Fox Channel Lip Synch off with Soundbar

You are better off connecting the sound bar directly to the television.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Soundbar is connected to the TV through the HDMI arc port.
Expert

@jffbkr wrote:
Whenever I use my soundbar, Fox channel goes out of sync no matter what X1 Audio setting I choose for the HDMI output or the TV input. X1 restarts do not help. Other channels are fine. I’ve been troubleshooting this for weeks now...

find a 'talking head' channel and then use the TV's remote and locate the audio lip-sync menu. adjust the timing (+/-) until it is good. The adjustment affects only the current port.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I have tried that. Since it’s only a few channels having the issue, Fox being the worst, it’s not tied to the port delay settings.
My X1 box is not the newest model so I’m thinking of trying a newer device.
Frequent Visitor

After lots of tests including two different x1 boxes and two different soundbars, audio sync works best if the soundbar has a HDMI pass through port to send cable through to the TV. That’s the only combination that works for me.