KGKessler's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

Flashing power light on X1 DVR box

My main X1 box flashes 3 times ,pauses, then flashes 3 more times and repeats.  This seems to happen mostly in the evening.  Everything seems fine as far as watching live TV, DVR, and On Demand.  I was wandering what this means.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@KGKessler wrote:

My main X1 box flashes 3 times ,pauses, then flashes 3 more times and repeats.  This seems to happen mostly in the evening.  Everything seems fine as far as watching live TV, DVR, and On Demand.  I was wandering what this means.

use the voice command 'about'. what is the rest of the line after "STB version"?

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

5 years ago

Exact same flashing power light issue on my XG2 non-DVR box (my only X1 Box).  Started a couple of days ago immediately after the automatic overnight reboot.  The only way to get the blue power light steady is either a box refresh or unplug the power and then plug it back in.  Then the power light is steady until the next overnight reboot.  TV works perfectly while light flashes -- no errors.

STB Version -- PX022AN_3.7p2sl_PROD_sey

I suspect the original poster and I have a very similar issue.  Please advise if I need to start my own thread.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@flaboy wrote:

Exact same flashing power light issue on my XG2 non-DVR box (my only X1 Box).  Started a couple of days ago immediately after the automatic overnight reboot.  The only way to get the blue power light steady is either a box refresh or unplug the power and then plug it back in.  Then the power light is steady until the next overnight reboot.  TV works perfectly while light flashes -- no errors.

STB Version -- PX022AN_3.7p2sl_PROD_sey

I suspect the original poster and I have a very similar issue.  Please advise if I need to start my own thread.

next time press 'left' and see if there is a message for you on the notifications screen.

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben -- thanks for responding.  There were no messages as I did check.  However, my issue may have straightened out.  The last time the XG2 rebooted overnight and the power light started flashing, I simply went into device settings and scrolled through the light's brightness levels and then left it where I wanted.  Then I did another refresh.  It's been two days and so far, the light is steady.  I'll update here if necessary.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @KGKessler and @flaboy

I hope all is well. I just wanted to follow up to see if you've had any more issues on your end? 

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastChe  -- power light on XG2 has been steady for several days.  I would suspect that the glitch either worked itself out with subsequent overnight automatic reboots or when I scrolled through settings and refreshed.  In any event, seems to be fine now.  If it returns, I'll be posting again.  Thanks for the follow-up.

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew -- I did check the link you provided and certainly the flashing power light was not a worry -- more like a concern.  What was annoying was trying to watch TV with the light flashing all the time (distracting) but as I reported, issue is apparently solved for me.  Can't speak for the original poster, though.  Thanks for responding.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
You can turn those power lights totally off too
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-device-lights

Yes indeed.  I do that occasionally.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

You can turn those power lights totally off too
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-device-lights

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

5 years ago

@Pansy_evans -- seems to happen every so often to everyone I know who has X1.  Last happened to me last week and my neighbor had it yesterday.  Simply restart the X1 box by unplugging the power, wait a minute or two, and then plug it back in and let the box fully restart.  Light should then be steady..  Or, you can restart the box by pressing the Xfinity button on the remote>gear symbol>help>restart.  In all cases I know of, TV works while this happening.  If yours isn't, then do the unplug-replug method.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why is this blinking? What should I do?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here