Community Forum

Extremely Loud Commercials

Highlighted
New Poster

Extremely Loud Commercials

I live in Atlanta and I'm having a lot of issues with the volume level of commercials.  On many channels that we frequently watch, the commercials jump to an obnoxiously loud volume - much louder than the actual shows or movies.  @ComcastMorgan , I saw in another post (link below) that you had offered to help with this for another customer.  Can you reach out to me?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Extremely-Loud-Commercials/td-p/3230179

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Extremely Loud Commercials

@mdk222 wrote:

I live in Atlanta and I'm having a lot of issues with the volume level of commercials.  On many channels that we frequently watch, the commercials jump to an obnoxiously loud volume - much louder than the actual shows or movies.  @ComcastMorgan , I saw in another post (link below) that you had offered to help with this for another customer.  Can you reach out to me?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Extremely-Loud-Commercials/td-p/3230179

The government does little to stop load commercials currently. If you use 5.1 sournd sound speakers they put the comercials through the base speaker. I have lowered the volume of the base speaker below what was concidered normal in the past. The same speaker is used by news programs to hide equipment noice i their studio. That's the obnoctius druming or sound heard when trying to hear the announcer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I reported this issue a number of years ago and it continues on several Stations in the north east area.  I came from a FIOS cable area and never had this issue  with these same channels.  I find I have to adjust volume levels on different comcast channels all the time, not sure what is different between the two cable companies but it is an issue that I have learned to live with.  The "mute" button on the remote has become my friend when commercials come on when I am in the comcast cable area.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have started having this happen recently too except the only commercials that have the volume play very loudly requiring the volume to be reduced are Xfinity commercials.  Seems they should know NOT to let that happen because it makes their customers MAD!!