Tek's profile

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

Saturday, November 7th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Distortion on Select Channels & Tech Visits

I have been having pixelation and distortion on a certain set of channels:

Food Network, Hallmark, FOX News, CNN, and HLN.

I have replaced equipment, call tech support mutliple times, and had Xfinity Technicians to the house. The technicans determine everything is fine within my house and believe it is coming from outside my house. My signals are optiminal and all that. The times of the day techs visit the distortion stops and they cannot find the cause. When it happens it happens on all of these channels at once and all other channels are fine.

Is there a way to get this escalated? When I call support they want to send another Tech who will tell me the same thing the others did. My neighbors are having issues on the same channels. 

Any thoughts? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, Tek! Long time, no talk! I hope you and your family are doing well and staying safe. 

Pixelation can certainly be frustrating, so we absolutely want to help get this fixed. Is this happening on all cable boxes inside your premise? I understand you have neighbors experiencing similar issues, which is both interesting and good for us to know. Does this take place on the HD versions of these channels, only? Does the pixelation occur on regular live TV for these networks and/or is it occurring on recordings, on demand programming, etc.?

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi, Tek! Long time, no talk! I hope you and your family are doing well and staying safe. 

Pixelation can certainly be frustrating, so we absolutely want to help get this fixed. Is this happening on all cable boxes inside your premise? I understand you have neighbors experiencing similar issues, which is both interesting and good for us to know. Does this take place on the HD versions of these channels, only? Does the pixelation occur on regular live TV for these networks and/or is it occurring on recordings, on demand programming, etc.?

@ComcastMorgan All is well. Thank you and same to you!

• It is happening on all cable boxes in the house.
  • Neighbors have reported the same. 
  • I only watch the HD Versions of the channels and have not tried the the non-HD, but will check once it happens again.
  • It does on not happen OnDemand. If I record a program on one of the offending networks then it will show in the recording and happens on Live TV.
  • Issue is limited to these channels only: 841 Fox News, 842 CNN, 843 HLN, 854 Food Network, and 908 Hallmark. No other channels have any pixelation issues. 
  • It does not happen at all times of the day. We went 1.5 weeks without it happening and then suddenly on Saturday, 11/7 it was happening from 10AM till we stopped watching TV around 10PM. 
  • Appears to be ok this morning. 
  • Does not happen when watching on the Stream App.
  • The Technician suggested if it happens again it needs to be referred to the pole maintenance division to investigate the neighborhood.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastMorgan 

Thank you. I will wait. We just had a tech out last Wednesday and they said everything is fine at my house. They checked all the signals and equipment. I don't have any internal coax wiring because the main feed from the pole comes right into the house and into the main cable box in the basement. Maybe 5 feet of coax from the side of the house to the cable box. Then it runs to the TV via HDMI.  Unfortunately, I don't have anymore time off between now and the holidays. My neighbors said they are going to call for a tech so hopefully when their tech comes out they find out why the area is having this problem. I showed the tech videos and he said it was definately interference in the signal from outside the house and said "hopefully" the techs that work the poles would fix it. I guess I will hope for now. Since he did not see anything when he came out the odds of having another tech some out and experience it happening are slim. Seems to happen late at night well past technician time. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Got it! Very helpful info, thank you! Really appreciate your patience in me getting back to you. In order to get the work referred to maintenance, we would need to schedule a technician out. They are the ones that have the ability to open a special request referral like that. Would you like me to go ahead and schedule that for you? I'll be more than happy to do so and as always, I would be following up with you here afterward.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastMorgan just following-up to see if any the above answers help determine anything.

Thanks. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Wow, it sounds like a very busy time for you! I wish I could open the referral request, but it does have to come from a field technician since they're the ones that come out and physically complete the necessary checks in order to determine the source of the issue. Once they do that if it's determined to be an issue at the pole or even further beyond the premise, they have a process to follow that will link the trouble call appointment that they were scheduled out for to our 'refer to maintenance' group. That normally then gets linked to a ticket/request number we can follow as the rest of the work gets carried out. I agree with you that it definitely sounds like an issue at the pole or beyond, especially because other neighbors are experiencing it. If your neighbors have scheduled an appointment, then that would be great. The more exposure to the issue, the better. I will give things a week or so and then check back in with you to see if there has been any progress. I'm glad it's not happening very frequently, but I understand it can be irritating when it does happen. Thanks for all of the details provided and thanks for your time today. 🙂

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastMorgan

We have been keeping a log and it happens the most after 8PM. During the day nothing.

Is there anyway to alert the original tech so he can open the maintenance ticket?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Tek! Thanks for letting us know. Does it seem to get cooler in the evenings after 8 PM in your area? This is important for us to share with the techs. Unfortunately, we won't be able to contact the original tech who came out. However, Morgan, myself and the rest of our team will be here to work with you from our end to ensure your maintenance team is aware of this so we can get it resolved. Please let us know if anything changes on your end. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Ok, not saying it's temp related. But most times when we do see symptoms like that, it can help the techs narrow down the cause. So I was just curious. Thanks for letting us know. 

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChe

Makes sense. Does this mean they are looking into it?

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChe

The nights are cooler, but we just had a warm blast and it still happened on Tuesday evening. So I don't think it is temp related.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 years ago

Our apologies for any confusion we caused. We definitely want to address this issue and get it corrected as soon as possible, so that you can go back to enjoying those networks without distortion. Since the underlying cause of this issue could be the pole in which would have to be referred to our maintenance group by a technician, I would have to get a tech back out. We would love to move forward with doing this. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastAmira wrote:

Our apologies for any confusion we caused. We definitely want to address this issue and get it corrected as soon as possible, so that you can go back to enjoying those networks without distortion. Since the underlying cause of this issue could be the pole in which would have to be referred to our maintenance group by a technician, I would have to get a tech back out. We would love to move forward with doing this. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

@ComcastAmira 

I took my last day off of 2020 the Wednesday before last to meet with a tech. They should have referred it to Maintenance. I don't have another day off before the end of the year so I can't have another tech sent. I guess I will have to live with having all these channels unwatchable at times. The service is nothing less than a mess all the time. If you look at my account history I have had major service problems every few months. All caused outside the house or in the "Comcast" Cloud. 

I feel like I work for Comcast troubleshooting their system issues. I appreciate you trying to help, but I am not able to do another tech visit right now. My days off renew in Janauary and I will have to schedule something then if it doesn't stop happening on its own. Seems like if a Tech should have done this then it should have been done on my visit the Wednesday before last. Now it is on me to take more time off to wait for a tech to hope they sent it to the proper crew. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

i have the same issue with Every television except the primary dvr box in our house! this has been an issue for years! the service personnel have been here countless times and it gets fixed and then breaks within two weeks. i really want to know the transmission and channel separation, signal strength technique xfinity uses to help them really fix the problem as i bet its a stn and down the line problem with not moving to fiber through the trunk. the techs have tore up our yard five times and its worked until a neighbor complains and it comes back which seems to be a trunk problem
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here