Community Forum

Changes from English to Spanish for no reason

Valued Contributor

Changes from English to Spanish for no reason

Recently with in the last week the main DVR STB when going from one show to another (on the same channel) will change language to Spanish.  This is happening on 2 different channels.  I have gone through all the settings for comcast DVR STB and the TV to make sure nothing got changed from English, it had not.  I also pulled the plug to the STB box waited 20 seconds, plugged it back in.  Same issue.  I then did a complete system reset from my computer and again the problem is still there.  Has anyone else had this issue or know what it could be.  BTW neither of the other 2 STB are showing this issue with the same channels, I did test them.  The channels that are doing this are NICKHD and FF (Free Form).  So far no other channels have had the issue yet.

Expert

Re: Changes from English to Spanish for no reason

@fedup978 wrote:

Recently with in the last week the main DVR STB when going from one show to another (on the same channel) will change language to Spanish.  This is happening on 2 different channels.  I have gone through all the settings for comcast DVR STB and the TV to make sure nothing got changed from English, it had not.  I also pulled the plug to the STB box waited 20 seconds, plugged it back in.  Same issue.  I then did a complete system reset from my computer and again the problem is still there.  Has anyone else had this issue or know what it could be.  BTW neither of the other 2 STB are showing this issue with the same channels, I did test them.  The channels that are doing this are NICKHD and FF (Free Form).  So far no other channels have had the issue yet.

when you see/hear the problem, press down. is SAP circle circle checked? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: Changes from English to Spanish for no reason

I found that there are several areas that can change the language on a STB, not only the one from the main menu options area.   Strange that there would be multiple places to do the same thing but it appears that had happened on this STB.  Another quirk that I have now stored away in my memory for future use.