Community Forum

CNN channel distortion

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CNN channel distortion

Picture distortion on CNN channel, has been going on for a month and it's getting worse.  Only happening on CNN channel.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: CNN channel distortion

@howard0369 wrote:

Picture distortion on CNN channel, has been going on for a month and it's getting worse.  Only happening on CNN channel.

if all of your cable connections are tight then you will need a technician call out to diagnose the signal problems on that channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

My CNN has been wonky too on 2 of my 4 TVs. I called Comcast and the rep told me there's nothing wrong with the cable that my 2 TVs would need to be replaced. Well I am fairly certain there's nothing wrong with my TVs.  After going round and round getting nowhere (he said they will not send out technicians during COVID) I decided to experiment myself. Long story short, Iwentinto the video output and changed it from 1080p to 1080i and  it works perfect now on those 2 TVs I was told to replace.  I don't know if it will work for you, but it helped me.

Highlighted
Expert

@OldTVGuide wrote:

My CNN has been wonky too on 2 of my 4 TVs. I called Comcast and the rep told me there's nothing wrong with the cable that my 2 TVs would need to be replaced. Well I am fairly certain there's nothing wrong with my TVs.  After going round and round getting nowhere (he said they will not send out technicians during COVID) I decided to experiment myself. Long story short, Iwentinto the video output and changed it from 1080p to 1080i and  it works perfect now on those 2 TVs I was told to replace.  I don't know if it will work for you, but it helped me.

Digital tuners connected by HDMI have no idea what channel is selected. they just see a video and other streams presented on the HDMI cable. Digital TVs don't need interlace it ruins motion etc as data is dropped making the interlaced (CRT) type format. 1080i is approximately equivalent to 540p in detail.  TVs don't degrade on use of digital signals. best test is to swap a working box/power supply with non-working box &power supply leaving the HDMI cables in place. Test is to see if the problem moves with the boxes that are swapped.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

@Rustyben

@howard0369 

@OldTVGuide 

I too have been having problems with CNN getting all distorted and sound going off on all three of my TV's.  Sometimes the sound gets all weird, and other times I get a message stating there is a problem with the signal and I need to change to channel 93 (I think) for a few minutes then go back to CNN.  This NEVER has helped.  This is a recent problem but one that is getting worse.  I called Xfinity Customer service and actually got into an argument with Brandon #1535.  I explained what the problem was and asked what I needed to do and the FIRST and the only think he kept telling me is I needed to purchase a protection program they had for $99.00!!!  WHAT ??  He sounded more like a sales person then a customer service person.  He said it's my equipment.  Why then would it affect all my TV's for the past couple of months?  One of them is actually only a week old.  All three tv's are on different boxes (one is the X1 DVR settop, another a smaller model PX032ANI and the last a small Motorola that gets only basic channels on a small TV.)  The problem is on ALL of them.  I've checked all the connections, powered EVERYTHING down and back up again, even ran the "refresh" program and NOTHING has helped.  Why is it only CNN ?  Has anyone figured out how to correct this?  Thanks 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Channels come in on different frequencies, something is impeding that frequency, maybe others you don’t watch or get. If you’ve done all you can, have a tech out

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!