jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

For the last two weeks I can no longer schedule, modify or delete upcoming shows using the app? Did this change for Everyone? Made my experience with the app go from 5 star to 3 star instantly!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I used to be able to set a recording from my android phone when away from home - I can't do it now - why?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

6 years ago

michael5229 wrote: I used to be able to set a recording from my android phone when away from home - I can't do it now - why?

Please see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/m-p/3006332#M10827.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The record function on my xfinity app is no longer available. How has everyone fixed this?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What? Legal rulings? 🤬

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Would’ve been nice if you sent a message out about removing the RECORD option from xfinity app

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Since you are no longer able to offer the ability to record future programs in Xfinity Stream TV, a feature that I found quite convenient, how about reducing the cost of renting the recording device?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This removes THE most important feature of the app!! When somebody mentioned a new show to me I could schedule it, no matter where I was - even from my boat. The app is worth very little w/o that feature.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

reminder:  (link here) to first page first post for best answer to questions about the record function.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Not sure if this is the right place for this but hopefully someone could help. If i was away from home and i forgot to set up a recording...i was always able to go to the streaming app and go to the guide and select the program(even if it had already started) and set up a recording. I just tried to do this today...but i could not set up a recording. All i could do is stream the show. So my question is...now if I am away from home and want to set up a recording...how do i do it? Is it still in the streaming app? Is it somewhere else now? Anything you could do yo help me out would be appreciated

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @dvdjck. Here is a link to the instructions on how to manage recording priorities via your in-home X1 DVR: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-manage-the-priority-of-a-program

I’m wondering if with the recent changes related to the lawsuit has caused additional issues other than just no longer being able to record on the DVR remotely. 

I have just noticed (it may have been missing longer) that the third option on the TV Remote app -Priority List is gone. I then went to the DVR itself, and I can’t find it there either. 

What has happened. How do we know what shows we have set to record other than the scheduled to record option. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Why did the record function on Xfinity tv remote app disappear?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can we not set recordings when away from home anymore? I used to be able to set and manage recordings from my laptop, but now that option doesn’t seem to be in place anymore.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hi caseqtr, the link that (BruceW) shared is a good place to find an answer to your question. Please go there and review any of the post from official Comcast employees, if you have any further questions please reach out to me here. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

CAn you schedule a recording on your dvr with your phone? A pretty simple question, but not for xfinity. Very easy on directv.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here