Vito218's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, December 5th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Why Does Xfinety Use IE?

Hello.  This was the only forum that seemed appropriate for my question. Hope it's the correct one.

I'm on paperless billing. When I receive an email notifing me that my bill is ready to be viewed, I click on the link, and it opens in Internet Explorer. Why? Also, for some reason, my printer won't print out the statement in IE.   I use Firefox as my default browser, and sometimes use Chrome.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Vito218 wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Have your kept your printer updated and set up correctly?

Have you updated your browsers, computer, drivers?

Yes, printer is updated and set up correctly. All browsers, my computer, and drivers are updated.  But still, why does the billing link in my email open in IE? I never use IE anymore.

Check Firefox.....Tools/Options/General

Under Startup make sure that it says that Firefox is your default browser.

Also, are you clicking on a link in email to see your bill?  If so, you probably need to check another area.

Tools/Options/General

Scroll down to Applications.

In PDF, check the drop down box on the right to have the link previewed in Firefox.  And, if you have Adobe Acrobat on your system you might want to have it open in that, or whatever PDF file viewer you have.  You should be able to print from there.

If you're still having problems post back.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Yes, printer is updated and set up correctly. All browsers, my computer, and drivers are updated.  But still, why does the billing link in my email open in IE? I never use IE anymore.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Ok. I just thought that since Firefox was my default browser, the bill would open in that browser. I'll just live with it. Thanks for the replies. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

Because not everyone uses newer devices and still need it.

Just allow the IE Flash to be used the one time (and keep it updated.)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here