thermostat1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 31st, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue

I recently ordered a service and then realised I made a mistake and chatted with a rep to cancel the order soon afterwards. Now that I know which service I want, I went to Change Plan and I get hit with "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue."

As reccomended in another question in this forum, I tried to make a new account with the same phone/email but after I put the verification code in I get "This doesn't match our records," even though I put the code in exactly.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there @thermostat1 ,

Can you tell me where you are putting in the verification code? Is this through xfinity.com/getstarted?

Thanks!

@thermostat1 wrote:

I recently ordered a service and then realised I made a mistake and chatted with a rep to cancel the order soon afterwards. Now that I know which service I want, I went to Change Plan and I get hit with "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue."

As reccomended in another question in this forum, I tried to make a new account with the same phone/email but after I put the verification code in I get "This doesn't match our records," even though I put the code in exactly.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is in https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/create-uid?
I got to this from clicking "Create One" on login.xfinity.com

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @thermostat1,

Just wanted to follow up on our PMs and see if what we did fixed the issue (the wrong default account was set).

Thanks!

Jonathan

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @ComcastJonathan,

I have the same problem and I can't change any plan. My current account was disconnected around 4-5 years ago as I moved to another place. But now I just move back and I would like to use my own Xfinity. I can't create a new user account since my mobile phone # is locked to this account. But I can't change anything ant it give the error message "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue"

Would you please help to fix this? Thank you so much!

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @shirleyoctopus1,

Thanks for PMing me.

I'd recommend in your case to open a private browser, and sign up for services as a new customer at the new address. After doing so, you'll be asked to provide your email and mobile phone number in the purchase flow, and it'll prompt you there to link your past accounts and pull in the existing identity, or you can just take the email from the prior account and not link. I'd recommend you then use the email which is tied to your account disconnected back in 2015, and it'll pull in that identity automatically for you.

Once you can get into My Account after your services are set up, you'll also have the ability to invite yourself as another user using the mobile phone number and manage that way. Let me know if that makes sense!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you so much! I will have a try and let you know if I have any questions.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi I am having the same issue as well. Closed the account in 2019 and planning to re-open it and run into the same issue like above

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I tried to follow the instruction above to open a new account in a private browser but after I put the phone number and enter the verification code. The page just shows:

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan.

Please contact the account owner to continue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same problem
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here