Kingles's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

CL 17. No on demand service

I have had this issue for 6 weeks. After multiple calls to Comcast installing new box, multiple resets on both box and tv problem still exists. The day this started was the same day there was a Comcast truck in our condo driveway doing something. I don't think Comcast thinks they are related. They were going to send a tech to check outside over 3 weeks ago. They mention COVID but whatever they did originally was during the pandemic. Does anyone have contact info for anyone other than the customer service agents who take the incoming calls?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Kingles wrote:

I have had this issue for 6 weeks. After multiple calls to Comcast installing new box, multiple resets on both box and tv problem still exists. The day this started was the same day there was a Comcast truck in our condo driveway doing something. I don't think Comcast thinks they are related. They were going to send a tech to check outside over 3 weeks ago. They mention COVID but whatever they did originally was during the pandemic. Does anyone have contact info for anyone other than the customer service agents who take the incoming calls?

By any chance are you using an older legacy cable box like Cisco RNG150N?

If so, Comcast has left those of us not using their Internet out in the cold. They have purposely removed linear version of ON DEMAND from the HD cable cable-boxes. There seems to be no way to get ON DEMAND with out signing up for their Internet, and moving to streaming video version of ON DEMAND.

A game-breaker for me after having cable since 1972.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Having the same problem and have done the same things you have. I heard they did an update and some on there end needs to fix it but try getting ahold of someone for that problem. I got a credit for my bill and I will keep getting credits until they fix the problem.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem - "they are working on it" is all I've heard.   After multiple calls, a rep said he'd send a new box but I would have to pay for the cost of having two boxes???   Really?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here