Community Forum

digital cable converter box

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

digital cable converter box

My mother's digital converter box stopped working.  It is dead.  No power light.  How do I get it replaced for her?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: digital cable converter box

@Viking40601 wrote:

My mother's digital converter box stopped working.  It is dead.  No power light.  How do I get it replaced for her?

If you live near her, the least confusing way is to take her current cable-box into the nearesr Comcast service center. They will exchange the box and give you a new remote "no charge". Save the reciept. If she still has the original receipt from the current box, take it with you. If not still okay.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you.  I was hoping they could mail a replacement to us.  We live 42 miles away from the nearest location.  Will do if necessary though!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s been escalated up to see if a box can get sent out instead

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, Viking40601. 
I'm glad you reached out to us for help getting a new cable box. I see you created this thread some time ago and I wanted to check in quickly to see if you were able to get a replacement or if you still needed a hand? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for checking in.  I went ahead and took it to the Xfinity store for a replacement.  All working fine now.

John

Highlighted
Official Employee

Awesome! We appreciate you confirming. We are glad to hear that everything is working again. Thank you for your time, take care!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.