Rebecca_79's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 27th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Two TVs connected to cable with splitter; one works fine, the other displays No Signal

After installing and activating a replacement DTA-HD for our 2015 Samsung LCD TV, the only way we receive a signal is by unplugging either the adapter power cord or the hdmi plug, either end, or unplugging the surge protector power cord.  We have to do that each time we want to watch TV on our large HD flatscreen after it has been powered off, which means at least once a day.  I have tried to get help from every avenue available to me, and the final response I got from JM at Tech Support on the phone was that it must be a wiring problem and that the splitter must be malfunctioning.  The older 1993 non-HD TV continues to have service after installing and activating a replacement DTA, and the signal we receive on the HD TV is good, so is it possible that it could be the splitter?  Our local Xfinity Store is closed and the nearest one is more than an hour and a half away, so getting a replacement splitter is impossible for me right now.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Nothing to do with the splitter, it’s an hdmi handshake issue between box and tv

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for responding to my post.  Since I posted I have spoken with John at Tech Support and he agrees with you.  He thinks the new replacement HD TV adapter box is the problem and he has set up a Tech drop-off with a new box May 6.  Hopefully that one will work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here