PcSteve's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Friday, February 7th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Should This Cable Activate my Outlet? (See Pic)

(SEE PICTURES) I have a spare bedroom with a cable outlet we have never used.
I want to move my xfinity cable box to it. I Tried it, there is no signal currently.

So from googling around, I just need to connect the proper cable to the splitter in the cable closet right? Swap them out. But I only found ONE unconnected cable. We have multiple rooms in the house with non-activated cable outlets, so where are those cables? do you think this one Non-connected cable in the picture has any relevance?

Will it hurt to try connecting it to the splitter if im wrong?

sasfsa.jpg

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
Yes you can move it to test it, just note what you’re taking off

It worked! First try too. Just took out the middle cable and plugged in the non-connected one. 😎 All other TV's are fine. Guess the middle cable was for an unused outlet somewhere in the house.

I also found out in further testing, my living room and master are on the same cable.

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
There may be a second splitter somewhere(attic/basement). It’s your house nobody knows but you, you’ll have to look

but if I take that exiting non connected cord and add it to the splitter, should not cause any harm right? I just switch it back to normal and take it off the splitter?

I also heard that sometimes multiple cable outletes share the same cable out in the cable closet. But I thought they would all need their own sperate signal/cable 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

There may be a second splitter somewhere(attic/basement). It’s your house nobody knows but you, you’ll have to look

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Yes you can move it to test it, just note what you’re taking off
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here