wvzr1's profile

Contributor

• 

103 Messages

Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

'Hot Swap' CableCARD?

Can I 'Hot Swap' my card that's active in a Roamio directly to my Bolt? I don't speak and if I had issues a call to Xfinity would be a nuicance! I've only HBO as a premium.  I'm trying to avoid a visit to an Xfinity store that's a 35 mile drive each way. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

You can move the card from the Roamio to the Bolt, but I don't think HBO will work until the card has been paired with the Bolt at Comcast. You might be able to do it at https://cablecardactivation.xsp.comcast.net/. If that doesn't work, maybe try the Chat link on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/.

Contributor

• 

103 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you! I suspected it might likely work with only a loss of the HBO. The activation using the 'on-line'  didn't work the last activation for the Roamio and  a CHAT experience left a good bit to desired! I'll likely find out later in the week!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@wvzr1 wrote: ... I'll likely find out later in the week!

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes. In my own CableCard adventures with Comcast, they succeed in card pairing about 1/3 of of the time, whether over chat or on a voice call, even when the dedicated CableCard line was still working (that number now appears to direct callers to the main customer service bot & reps).

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @wvzr1

I hope all is well. I just wanted to reach out to see if you were able to swap the cable card and have it paired so you can get HBO on the Bolt? If you still need assistance, feel free to send me a private message and I can send the necessary hits to get this taken care of. To send a private message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here