Homerec130's profile

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 4:00 PM

Closed

Correct Set Top Box for Sports and Entertainment Network

When calling about another issue I was told I may have to swap out my STBs in order to be able to view the Sports and Entertainment Network content. The agent asked me what boxes I had and I told her I had the RNG110 as per the markings on the front. She told me they were not one of Xfinity's boxes and told me I was incorrect when I said I got them from my local Xfinity Store. She tried to pull up the boxes in my account and she said her system would not let her. So, my real question is what box do I need to get the Sports and Entertainment network? Also, would I have to go to X1 to get the network and what are my benefits of doing so. I prefer the current TV screen displays.

Any help would be appreciated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Anything but a DTA, there’s nothing wrong with that box but it is older and could be replaced by an X1 box. I escalated it so an Official Employee here can verify your account information

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the reply with a very viable answer. I may take a trip over to my local Xfinity store and talk to them about going to X1 or not after I see what it looks like and if needed, swap out the boxes.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, Homerec130! Thank you for reaching out to us. We can check your account and ship you a new box. If you would like to check the X1 interface - we can also provide the address/hours of the closest Xfinity store. Please private message us your first and last name. Click on Comcast_Support, then Send a Message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here