jimandhebe's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 21st, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Connecting streamer or surflink for audio link to hearing aids

My TV does not have a connection for the streamers (including Starkey's SurfLink2) needed to transmit audio from the TV to hearing aids. Can the optical audio cable normally connected from the streamer to the TV be connected to XFinity's motorola RNG200N cable box in addition to the HDMI connection used for the TV and home theater system? I don't want to use a splitter on the HDMI cable.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Yes it “should” work. It’s the same idea as running optical to a receiver

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have same the problem, and the posted solution, connecting to the optical audio output on the cable box, did not work for me. I assume my cable box, a PACE model PX013ANM box for X1. must not support using two different outputs at the same time. Would an audio extractor device work on the HDMI output from my cable box? Would this compromise the signal output being passed through the extractor device to the receiver/amplifier on the HDMI cable connection?

Many of the new tv's and receiver/amplifiers do not provide a separate audio output port that can be used for hearing aid streamers. I have asked the manufacturers of my receiver, tv and hearing aids for help, and they all replied that a connection to a hearing aid streamer cannot be made. They offered no other solutions. 

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

Hello jimandhebe. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. We certainly care about your experience and your ability to use our services. As CCAndrew had mentioned, if you were to try the optical connection, it "should" work. In your case, you've tried this and it does not work since the two devices are incompatible. I checked for you, and see that currently we are not able to support the connection between your hearing aids and our set top boxes. I will be passing along your feedback and request for support with a working audio link. We thank you for being a valuable customer. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here