pprfldr's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

Change Community Forum ID/Name

I don't want my email address to be my community forum ID. I don't recall ever being given the option of choosing an ID for the forum. Can you help me change it?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@pprfldr 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. I am happy to help you get your forum username changed. Feel free to post or private message me what you would like your new username to be. As long as your new chosen username does not violate our forum guidelines/acceptable use policy, we will happily make that change on your behalf. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I been trying to find the right people around here that can simply delete this username, so I can create a new one ... or allow it to be changed.  So simple, for a database expert.  Problem is, there are none, and they send us through a thousand changes trying to find the right people who are overlooking this Community Forum!  My name has been legally changed since 2016, and these people are forcing me to see one that I got rid of long ago?  SMH 

This should've propagated over when I changed my account information, but noooooooooo.  That sounds too much like right (or the correct thing to do).  UGH!

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@ReneeFoxx,

Thank you for posting your question, I am happy to help. I am Jessie, Comcast's Community Administrator. I am happy to change your Xfinity Forum username to anything of your choosing as long as they meet the following requirements: 

Let me know what you choose and we will make the change. 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

Saw your reply to another user offering to change user name. I, too, am requesting you change mine FROM "Anon434141" TO "Sacto_Rich". Thank you.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Sacto_Rich,

You will notice that your requested username change has been completed. Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

Just did another post on the forum and sho'nuff, my username has been changed as requested. Great customer service.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

i just posted about not receiving emails from Amazon and the message posted as user "jeffcable" ....  that isn't who I am, so What the  is going on?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@jeffcable wrote:

i just posted about not receiving emails from Amazon and the message posted as user "jeffcable" ....  that isn't who I am, so What the  is going on?

@jeffcable,

Thank you for posting your question, I am happy to help. I am Jessie, Comcast's Community Administrator. When you initially register for the Xfinity Forum you are required to choose the username that you would like (details about registering for the forum found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Getting-Started-in-the-Xfinity-Help-amp-Support-Forum/td-p/2618380). Based on the information on your Xfinity Forum profile, you chose this username back on ‎09-05-2011.

If you are not satisfied with your Xfinity Forum username, I am happy to change it to anything of your choosing as long as the new username meets the following requirements: 

Let me know what you choose and we will make the change. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

Please change my forum name from DoesYouCare to DoYouCare.

Thank you and have a blessed day.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@DoYouCare,

You will notice that your requested username change has been completed. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I had submitted a billing complaint under the username "DoesYouCare" BEFORE I requested the username change to "DoYouCare."  The entry was incomplete (i.e. no response has been received).  Has this complaint been forever lost (i.e. must I re-enter my complaint)?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@DoYouCare,

Your username change will never impact any posts or ability to get a response. You do not need to post again, as everything now displays with your new username. Please remember, the Xfinity Forum is a peer-to-peer help community. This means that you are mostly talking to other paying customers just like you. There is an outstanding team of Official Employees assisting in these forums, but they are primarily here to help with things that other users (customers) may not be able to help with. 

Although our users and Official Employees work very hard to answer questions in a timely fashion, forum employee support is not real-time. Employee response time varies by staffing and workloads. We ask that you please remain patient for a response to your post.  

If you are ever in need of immediate assistance you can always contact us directly via the following methods:

Phone: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)

Chat: https://support.xfinity.com/chat

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/comcast/ 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/comcastcares or by using @ComcastCares

These methods will provide you with immediate contact with one of our knowledgeable Comcast support staff.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I, too, would like a username change... from "namrac101" to "emmesbe" Please and thank you!? With a cherry on top!

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@emmesbe,

You will notice that your requested username change has been completed. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I had a username of AGM1204 (which is what I want to continue using) but when I tried to login to user the forum today it would only bring me to the "Create a Username" page not a login page and when I entered AGM1204 it told me, of course, that that username was already in use.  Yes, duh!  It's me!!!  So, the only way to get around that and get into the forums was to create another user name (addimoore) which I am using currently but do NOT want to use.  Would you be so kind as to change my username back to AGM1204?  Thank you!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here