Stick73's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

New address not recognized

I am moving to a new house and the address Is not recognized in your database. I was under the impression I could not get xfinity internet at the new address, but when my brother (who is a tech for xfinity) helped me move in he said it would definitely be available for me, I currently have xfinity internet and would love to keep my service at the new address.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

We had this problem a month or so ago and the people who answered the Facebook Messenger service were extremely helpful at getting my address registered.  I see that the Facebook Messenger service isn't working at the moment due to an upgrade.  What a shame since it's the best way to get clear answers for these types of trickier interactions.

Good luck!  When you are able to reach a human, I suspect things will be fairly quick to sort.

Regards,

Sandy

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Stick73, please private message me the address you'd like, and we'll do further research to see if we can add it. To message me, click my name and click "message"

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same issue,  can someone provide a contact to resolve this issue? We have been waiting more than 2 months and our next door neighbors on both sides have service, we have lines sticking out of the ground (new construction) and no one at xfinity can help us get service, we have contacted multiple numbers and people and still have gotten nowhere.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_24901d! Please send a private message with your name and service address by clicking on the chat icon so I can further assist. Here are the steps:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Help me please I have this same issue!! New address and my neighbors all have Xfinity but I keep being told address isn’t recognized. You guys need to fix this issue, it’s maddening and your online help just says there’s nothing to do!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJonathan I am having the same issue. Can you help me too?

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_a1ae6f, thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I am happy to hear you are interested in getting our Xfinity services in your home! Please rest assured, you have reached the right team! We can definitely look into the serviceability options for you. Due to this being an older post, if you could please create a new post and we can definitely begin assisting you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi Stick73. I am just following up on this post you created. Were you taken care of? Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Wow. Must have been a weird bug or something. There's a "message" button on your profile now. So that's solved

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem but there's no "message" button when I click on your name.

When I follow these alternate steps to send a private message it just takes me to my comcast email which doesn't allow me to send to forum users https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Private-message/td-p/3170319#

😞

Any way for me to actually send a private message? Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

@tcritchie  and everyone else.

Technically according to forum rules you are supposed to be tagged by us before you are able to private messaging us and see the "message" button. We are happy to help, but be forwearned that not following the process, it may result in forum removal.

Also heads up to everyone else, this address is a 2.5 mile from plant (infrastructure) situation which requires at least $50k in construction costs.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

@ComcastJonathan Can you please help me with the same issue? My home is in a new development. Comcast does not recognize my address online or when i call them. The builder had comcast come to all of the homes and wire them. Most of the homes on my road are in the comcast system...mine is the only one missing. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Scurryh. We appreciate you for posting to the Forum. I'd be happy to submit a serviceability request to see determine if you are within our footprint and what it will take to get service at your address. Please send a private message with your full name and the numbers associated with your service address as it appears on your billing statement. To send a message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," then click send a message.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue, can I PM someone?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastJK I have the same issue I tried replying to the thread 10 days ago. Can I PM someone?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Jonathan, we are having the same issue. We are considering purchasing a newly built house, but we need to know if Comcast service might be possible at that house before we buy. I entered the address of the house on this page:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service

but I received an error message that the address is not recognized. Can I DM someone at Xfinity the address so they can check on servicability at the address?

Thanks,

Steve

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi! I’m having the same issue. We’re moving into new construction in the last phase, but the first phase has access to Xfinity. I’ve heard that Xfinity is laying fiber cables but my new address isn’t showing up. Could someone help me with this please? I really don’t want to go with THE competitor. 😩

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Guthrie07, we don't want to lose you as a customer either. I am sorry you are being impacted by construction in progress, but I will be happy to help. Just send a private message with your name, your current address, and the address where you are looking to get service. If you have never sent us a PM this link can come in handy. The "Private Messenger" section at the bottom is a good reference. https://comca.st/37KcQwf

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Quickdev! We thank you for your interest in our services! We are the right place to look into your address. We are able to do the needed research and work with our Serviceability team when that is required. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name and your address including your apartment or unit number? To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastRayana” and click “Send a message."

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi I am in an apartment complex that isn’t being recognized. I was wondering if there was a way to add my address or if Xfinity just simply is not available in my complex?

Thanks!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here