jbrady33's profile

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

pausing, pixelating, freezing, sound drops for several seconds

2nd attempt

MODERATORS - please don't move/delete this again as "unhelpful" , I am still having this issue and hoping for advice of resolution form the Comcast employees on the board

Several channels on all TVs in the house have pausing, pixelating, freezing, sound drops for several seconds.  CNN (817) and the music channels (429, 427, 428) for sure

This happens several times an hour and is really annoying an interruptive.

We had this once before a few years ago, it took like 9 months to close the ticket,   Several tech visits, lots of resets, all splitters and cable ends replaced, all boxes replaced.  A service manager with a fancy meter tested our house, let us know it was NOT in our home but somewhere in the Comcast network, probably locally to our area,   He called a few weeks later and said that equipment/cabling locally was replaced or repaired and it fixed several long running issues.

So my questions:

Is anyone else having this?

Is there any way to request the ’local area’ to be checked or whatever like the manager did without going through the months of site visits and phone support first?  We are in Elkton MD

Thanks in advance!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@gary.novick  Apologies, the recommendation provided earlier still is valid. 

A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home. 

My understanding is that the offer of a technician visit earlier was refused. 

Please reach out if you would like to get a technician visit scheduled. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

More diagnostic than odd.
Please fix your little problem, Xfinity.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Not odd at all, for a handful of people to have the same type of problem out of millions of customers, it happens , and most end up getting a tech out for a fix.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

more info:  had regular TV up at the same time as streaming CNN on tablet, appear to freeze at the same time

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Interesting

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Mine got better night before last with the downstream SNR numbers around 40.

Last night the pixalating and sound dropping was back while the SNR number remained at 40.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue. For about the last month+, specifically CNN (NJ, ch 817) will freeze (sound and pic) intermittently for a couple of seconds. I can't predict any pattern. I can't recall seeing the issue on other channels or using 3rd party apps through Comcast. It's curious many are reporting similar issues with these specific block of channels when searching forums.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

I don't ever recall it happening during a commercial either, does anyone else? (could be my imagination)

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I live in Danbury, Connecticut and am having the same issue with audio/visual freeze noted by others on this thread.  I did look at SNRs through the gateway and for that snapshot time all we’re around 40-41.  FYI

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issue (Lewes, DE) for several months now, only on CNN.
May be on other channels, have not checked.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

We are having the same issue with CNN in the house here in Cape Cod MA.  It is on both TVs, each is in a different room, and each is a different box, so I seriously doubt that it is an issue with our equipment (as Comcast posted several times above) especially since several others on the forum here have the same exact issue with CNN.  Also, I have had my external and internal connections by Xfinity within the last year or so due to other issues, so I feel secure that my incoming signal is good. Thanks for looking into this.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

So I had my appointment all set up and needed to reschedule which I did. Then something else came up and I needed to reschedule again and your system wouldn't let me reschedule again and I tried everyway I could think of to try to reschedule. So I finally got so mad that I canceled my inhome appointment. Do I need you to link me up for this follow up appointment or can I schedule. Will the right person come out? I think you need to instigate so the right person is put on this and you receive the feedback. When i call I have to start from scratch and tell the whole story over and it gets frustrating. Thank you very much for your attention to this matter. I still have freezing with picture and sound not only on CNN but on some of my recordings also. I wonder how much I've missed?? LOL!

JRSpeers

Contributor

• 

589 Messages

4 years ago

Having issues described above on CNN (216) in Chicago area.  Lasts for a couple of seconds a few times an hour.

Happening on multiple boxes.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Same here in eastern CT. Both boxes.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

OK, so it just happened again on Friday November 6, 2020 at about 1:35 PM.

I am using an LG TV, if the brand of TV may somehow be involved in the issue.  Maybe keeping a log here of times will help Xfinity research the issue instead of cutting and pasting boilerplate responses.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here