Ma4201's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Monday, December 16th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Hulu

I read somewhere Hulu was going to be added. To x1 and flex customers in early 2020 is this true

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Ma4201 wrote:
I read somewhere Hulu was going to be added. To x1 and flex customers in early 2020 is this true

***UPDATED 04/13/2020***

All,

At this time, the Hulu app is now available to all Xfinity Flex and eligible X1 customers.

To access the Hulu app, you’ll need:

• A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service, or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 aren’t compatible) with Xfinity TV service.
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).

Additional information on Hulu on Xfintiy X1 and Xfinity Flex can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hulu-app-overview

Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I access the Hulu app on my X1 TV Box?
Hulu isn’t available to our X1 customers yet, but it will be soon!

I don’t have Xfinity TV but I have Xfinity Internet. Can I access the Hulu app?
Yes, but only if you have an Xfinity Flex device too. Customers can access Hulu on a variety of non-Xfinity devices as well. Information on supported devices is available at hulu.com.

I am a Flex customer. How do I manage my Hulu subscription?
Flex customers must manage their Hulu subscription (this includes upgrading or downgrading your service, as well as unsubscribing) on hulu.com.

In the future, you’ll be able to manage your Hulu subscription through your Xfinity Flex TV Box.

Do I need to register or sign in to use Hulu?
Yes, you can use your existing Hulu credentials to sign in to the Hulu app on Flex. Select Log in once you launch the Hulu app on your TV Box.

If you already have a Hulu account, see the Hulu App on Flex.

To start a new Hulu subscription, visit hulu.com/start/xfinityflex to create an account and then sign in on your TV Box.

How much does Hulu cost?
Aside from the prices for your Xfinity services, Hulu offers two different content plans: an ad-supported plan for $5.99 per month and an ad-free plan for $11.99 per month.

Can I access Hulu + Live TV on X1 or Flex?
No, the Hulu + Live TV service isn’t available on Xfinity devices. Only Hulu’s Video On Demand library is available. Customers who purchased Hulu + Live TV directly from Hulu won’t be able to access Live TV or their Hulu DVR recordings on the Hulu app on Flex.

I forgot my Hulu username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please go to hulu.com to find your Hulu username or reset your password.

Is Hulu in HD?
Yes, select titles in Hulu’s library content will stream at 1080p or 720p.

Is Hulu in 4K?
No, not currently.

Does watching Hulu count against my monthly Internet data usage?
Yes, Hulu content is streamed from the Internet, and will count against your monthly data usage.

How do I block access to Hulu on Flex?
There are two ways you can set parental controls for the Hulu app:
  • Lock TV-MA content under Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN is required before you can access the app.
  • You can block access to the Hulu app using an Application Lock.

Thank you in advance for your continued patience. 

Additional Resources: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hulu-app-overview

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/flex

https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/comcast-brings-hulu-to-xfinity-flex-and-x1-customers

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/hulu-on-xfinity

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How can I download the hulu app?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Apps are not customizable, you would have to stick to how you presently watch hulu

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

I know I can get to netflix with my remote  how do I get to hulu?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Not through Comcast boxes, you’d have to use a third party device, ie Roku or Smart TV app

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

OK thanks  guess I can't get a sub to huilu then

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Teamarie wrote:

Why! would you not answer the question? you said apps are not customizeable, use hulu how you are presently useing it? I have used my hulu account before on my TV. I can not remember how I got my account to show up on the TV!  can you answer this problem?

Thank you

The question was answered, a Hulu app isn't available through Comcast X1 boxes. Use your smart tv or whatever other device that you have that can access Hulu.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why! would you not answer the question? you said apps are not customizeable, use hulu how you are presently useing it? I have used my hulu account before on my TV. I can not remember how I got my account to show up on the TV!  can you answer this problem?

Thank you

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Teamarie wrote:

Thank you

use your TV remote and press the apps button or if no apps button the TV remote's menu button and find apps. you must have the TV connected to your wifi in order to use internet apps with your TV.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I just purchased Hulu. How do I access it ?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Not through Comcast boxes, you’d have to use a third party device, ie Roku or Smart TV app Or Hulu website

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Right I have Roku orking now

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How do I watch Hulu on my Xfinity smart tv?

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

get a ruko device

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Gjg53 wrote:
How do I watch Hulu on my Xfinity smart tv?

Check your tv's manual. You should have the Hulu app in the Tv's app menu if compatible with your smart television. You need to use the television's remote to use these features.

The television gets IPV television directly off the Internet. Your cable-box does not come into play when watching Hulu.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here