BobB73's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 20th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

WGN America

I also changed plans.  While I was told this new plan did not have WGN America, I was not told it was gone completely.  If as others have posted WGN American is still available for certain customers with older contracts it will be the first time in my 25 years as a Comcast customer that they have actually honored one of their contracts.  That said, when I go to the WGN America channel it says I need a subscription.  But I can find no information on how much a subscription costs or how to obtain a subscription.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

I still have WGN America. It looks like the channel will be changing to an all news network by summer. Unless you want another all news network, it will not be worth much come summer. I love the shows on this channel right now. I don't want another all news channel. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Laurie3101 wrote:

I still have WGN America. It looks like the channel will be changing to an all news network by summer. Unless you want another all news network, it will not be worth much come summer. I love the shows on this channel right now. I don't want another all news channel. 

I still have the channel too. It may be "grandfathered" so don't change any service or you wll loose "grandfathered channels.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Laurie3101 wrote:

Not quite true.  They will be launching nightly news from 7 - 10 PM CT.

Nexstar plans WGN America national newscast to rival Fox - CNN

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

That is pretty much cancels all the shows I watch at night. I work during the day so if they have the shows during the day, I will not see them. I don't want to tape the shows. To me that means all news channel. No thanks.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Actually, my question is still unanswered.  I'm looking for some information on a subscription cost for WGN America since my channel guide says that one exists and I can't find anything on the Xfinity website.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

If you change your current Xfinity package, you will lose certain channels. WGN America is one of the channels people have lost. There is no subscription to get it as a separate channel.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here