dwayne3686's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

WAIVE MOVIE RENTAL FEES DURING COVID-19

Since Xfinity isn't losing a penny on this virus outbreak, you'd think they'd waive movie rental fees while we're all stuck at home.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Actually I see that a lot of premium channels are and I was able to access the movies. Please highlight this on your webpage or send out an email. This is great and much appreciated.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

EPIX is not free as advertised in emails.  It still asks for subscription.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Free previews almost always are On Demand, and https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview says:

Xfinity is making a series of premium networks and subscription video on demand (SVOD) services available for free for its X1 and Flex customers.
EPIX – happening 3/20-4/19

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do you get free showtime as shown under "free". I click the icon but comes up to subscribe for $12.00 a month

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Kobi1020  and all Link below has additional info: 

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview

Xfinity is making a series of premium networks and subscription video on demand (SVOD) services available for free for its X1 and Flex customers.

Free TV to watch while you’re staying home

Xfinity customers can now access a selection of free programming spanning kids educational content, fitness and TV & movies via Xfinity on Demand including on X1 and the Xfinity Stream app and web portal and also on Flex by saying “Free” into the Xfinity Voice Remote. Popular networks and streaming services include:

• EPIX – happening 3/20-4/19, featuring movies like Rocketman, and shows like War of the Worlds, and Godfather of Harlem (Available on X1, Stream, FLEX)
  • History Vault – happening 3/20-4/19, featuring shows like America, The Story of Us, and The Men Who Built America (Available on X1, Stream, FLEX)
  • Lifetime Movie Club - happening 3/26-4/25, featuring movies like Taken from Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story, and The Secret Lives of Cheerleaders (Available on X1, Stream, FLEX)
  • Acorn TV – happening 3/26-4/9, featuring movies like Miss Fisher & the Crypt of Tears, and shows like Murdoch Mysteries (Available on X1, Stream, FLEX)
  • Urban Movie Channel – happening 3/26-4/9, featuring movies like Pride & Prejudice: Atlanta, and shows like Stuck with You (Available on X1, Stream, FLEX)
  • Hallmark Movies Now - happening 3/26-4/25, featuring movies like A Summer Romance and A Taste of Summer (Available on X1/FLEX)
  • SHOWTIME® – happening 3/20-4/18, featuring original series like Homeland, Black Monday and Billions (Available on X1 and Stream)

To see what shows are available to you today and any time for free, just say “Free” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.

Contributor

• 

185 Messages

4 years ago

Well I do not have X1 or a remote that I can talk to.

So free premium channels are only available for those who have x1 and a remote they can talk to?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

No, it just means you’ll have to manually search for it. Do yourself a favor, upgrade your equipment sometime

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

4 years ago

Wow. Really? Did you even look? I see movies from the 2000's, even as current as 2018. Hate to burst your bubble but you're not going to get Avengers Endgame, Avengers Infinity War, Star Wars Force Awakens, Rise of Skywalker or any of the other blockbusters that have recently been in movie theaters.

The proper thing would have been to say "thank you" and move on, not to sound like an entitled person. Free is free. Did you expect to get movies that were in theaters a few months ago, for free? That ain't going to happen.

That was a lesson my parents told me, that nothing in this world is ever free, not even life, because you pay for that when you pass away. And taxes are just government's way of saying "there is a value added tax on life".

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It looks the older movies which were free..they are now being charged for..

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Will821  Apologies, I know the On Demand team was making some changes. Please try again and let me know how things look now.  In the meantime, I've applied a credit on your account that will cover three On Demand movie rentals (@ $5.99 each) with our compliments. 

Also,  https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

how about a BOGO? i've been wanting to watch On Demand movies and i see the prices are $5.99 but there is no info about a BOGO during these trying times where people are home 7 days a week. or how about a $2 credit towards your first movie purchase, etc...

i never have purchased an On Demand movie and it shocks me that Comcast has zero offers for the dedicated customers who pay their bills every month.

just 🙄

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@machado22 

I've credited back your recent On Demand movie in full and I have also applied a credit on your account that will cover three On Demand movie rentals (@ $5.99 each) with our compliments.

Tons of free movies available every day: 

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview

Plus Watchathon underway now through May 17, 2020.  Enjoy!

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/get-ready-for-watchathon-2020

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@machado22 You are welcome. Glad to help and enjoy the free movies plus Watchathon!

Hang in there. Thanks for being a Comcast customer. 

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

hello again-i have to give you credit for taking action. that was very much appreciated. this morning i received an email that i have been issued the $5.99 credit and i was unclear how/why. then i see you replied to my message with information about the numerous credits you have given me. THANK YOU! as much as i want to be critical of Xfinity i have to give you all the credit in this case. i'll be sure to enjoy more On Demand movies due to your kind gesture. keep up the good work!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity is a greedy corporation. no contribution to community at thus dufficult time. even the watchathon requires subscriptions and nithing is really free. only first episode is accessible to fet you to spend money
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here