tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

4 years ago

I got an email telling me Epix is now included with my XF TV package on 12/12 and how GREAT this is for me ? ? Like I said on 12/11 it's amazing that a company like CC spends thousands of $'s each month to attract customers and then pull's this stupid stunt of providing me less for my monthly dollars. I too will NOT upgrade ..........

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

4 years ago

I can see why Comcast wants to close down the ways to provide discounts to keep customers but you'd think they would understand that many folks will walk away.  l'v thought of going back to at&t but I don't want the hassle that entails. We now go straight to Netflix/Amazon Prime and now Apple TV+ rather than the xfinity library. 

I can't be alone in that mindset. I know cost keep going up, but there is a tipping point and as technically savvy folks age their options will keep growing. Cord cutting isn't so unthinkable to me as it was just a year or two ago.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

If you follow the trends...  Comcast seems to be most interested in  internet customers..  The TV business with all the junk fees as well as fees the networks want to carry the feeds is not that profitable anymore...   The internet business is almost pure profit..   

I looked into my package with all these changes but for now it's cheaper to stay put..    I have a locked in price foranother year or so since I got the Home Service ( saved me money over what I had) which keeps the discounts going.  But based on that link above, it looks like the old retaining scheme will no longer work...  If you want to leave TV... go ahead...    Just be prepared to pay more for Internet or may exceed internet limits by going all streaming..  In families, that certainly is a possibility..

D

@Gig8 wrote:

Precisely.  That is how Japanese cars killed American cars.  In the long run Comcast will be proven to be very short sighted.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

It appears that Comcast is leveraging their vast subcriber base against Liongate's uncertainty of what to do with STARZ.

The customers have weighed in on phase 1 of Comcast's battle plan and agree that MGM's EPIX/StreamPix content is no equal replacement. Any further loss of STARZ content can only further embitter customers.

Comcast started this war in 2016.  They survived that "no-STARZ streaming app" battle.

In light of the dissatifaction with moving TCM to a premium subscription, does Comcast believe that it can survive without Starz after December 31st?

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

4 years ago

Apparently STARZ will be gone as of December 31 and we're supposed to be OK with that because they're adding EPIX. I have zero interest in anything on Epix and I watch STARZ.

Can I get my monthly charge reduced since I'm now going to have to pay another monthly charge in order to stream STARZ?

I don't think it's to Comcast's  benefit  to get people used to streaming channels.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I believe that I am not alone in just either wanting what I was contracted for or a price reduction for what I am not receiving and must buy somewhere else. I as a customer should not be forced to abide by a contract if the other party doesn't have to. I understand that when there is no competition you can do whatever you can get away with or whatever the so called "regulators" allow but at some point when I/we  can receive fiber or high speed without a cable company where will they be. Does anyone remember when Blockbuster ruled the home movie rental business where are they now?  Someone in Upper management should look at the numbers generated by the customers that you are literally willing to throw away for a quick buck. I am not a irate customer as some might think I just would like someone to understand what we are upset about.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

You may be better off going through your state's atty general.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

please keep STARZ.  i would be willing to pay a little for the shows i love to watch. settle this dispute now or i will be forced to drop comcast which i pay a hefty sum for

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

I signed up for Starz through Amazon Video for a $1 through March..  I will evaluate after that..   Obviously, we still have the main Starz available but all others are gone..  Through Amazon, you can watch On Demand or watch whatever the various channels are showing.

In Mid March, the price goes up so will evaluate if what Comcast offers for the channel works..      Meanwhile, Starz is available on the far more flexible Prime Video offering that is available on ROKU and many other smart devices where as the Xfinity is only available on computers and tablets and phones to watch..   Funny thing is  if I end up keeping Starz through Prime Video, I can still access it on my X1 boxes thorugh the Prime Video access...

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I called in and was told you can keep STARZ for $5 a month

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

4 years ago

@Doug-H wrote:

Well... I will have all Starz channels after Dec 31 through Prime for now..   I have seen elsewhere that they are offering it for $5 to some who call but as I said, let's see what it'll be..

From what I understand, the five dollars a month is only for a short period of time, then it goes back up to its regular price.

For awhile, they were offering a $.99 a month deal, but that deal is gone now.

If you like STARZ, I WOULD keep my eyes out for deals like these because STARZ knows as well as we do that Comcast customers will be going into shock after December 31.  Think of all the people who are not posting here who don't know it's happening yet.

I expect to see a huge uptick in comments here on January 1 or 2, whenever people start noticing the channel is gone.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

Well... I will have all Starz channels after Dec 31 through Prime for now..   I have seen elsewhere that they are offering it for $5 to some who call but as I said, let's see what it'll be..

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Variety posted this morning that there is an agreement between Startz and Comcast. But only until eary February 2020 when Power ends and then Starz will only be offered as a streaming service. Starz, as Cinemax and TCM, will of course; still be offered al a carte! But, that was to be expected so that Comcast can continue to "grub more $$$" from our pockets.

I just wonder what will be next to be dropped? Comcast will probably run one of their "infamous polls" that nobody seems to be able to find the details of, that there is no one is watching the channel(s). 2020 could be a real negative year for subscribers of Xfinity for losing more and more channels and getting no relief with the cost of the service(s).

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

4 years ago

@Doug-H wrote:

I signed up for Starz through Amazon Video for a $1 through March..  I will evaluate after that..   Obviously, we still have the main Starz available but all others are gone..  Through Amazon, you can watch On Demand or watch whatever the various channels are showing.

In Mid March, the price goes up so will evaluate if what Comcast offers for the channel works..      Meanwhile, Starz is available on the far more flexible Prime Video offering that is available on ROKU and many other smart devices where as the Xfinity is only available on computers and tablets and phones to watch..   Funny thing is  if I end up keeping Starz through Prime Video, I can still access it on my X1 boxes thorugh the Prime Video access...

From what I've read, we will NOT have the main STARZ available after December 31.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here