tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

I go into our local Xfinity store a few days ago to get clarification on the subject of what happens with Starz after Dec 31st as to whether or not we will still be able to subscribe to Starz as a $12.00 add on after Jan 1st.  The ability of these Xfinity store employees to feign ignorance has never ceased to amaze me on other subjects the company they are working has done in the past as well.  So it shouldn't have surprised me that they had no clue as to what I was talking about and I had not brought any printouts as "proof" as to what the entertainment newsites and emails from Xfinity were sending to their own customers on the subject.  Evidently, they are not on distribution of the emails that their customers are getting.  They stood there with straight face and assured me that most definitely we would be able to still watch "Outlander" etc. in 2020.  So it's business as usual for them - although they did know about Starz being dropped from the packages on Dec. 10th.  They also were unaware about the anyroom DVR issue being discussed on this forum - whether or not it was a technical issue or the way customers would be billed in the future.   Totally unaware.  Clueless.  Pretty sad.  Just confirms what most of us already know - that there is no one in charge at COMCAST.  Just a ship drifting without a crew. 

Problem Solver

• 

538 Messages

4 years ago

This is terrible news. I am currently waiting for the 2nd half of the spanish princess airing in 2020 and now I won't be able to watch the mini-series.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

4 years ago

@RadTV wrote:

This is terrible news. I am currently waiting for the 2nd half of the spanish princess airing in 2020 and now I won't be able to watch the mini-series.

Plus we'll all miss the final episodes of Dublin Murders.  Ouch, dang, I *hate* when that happens.

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

This makes me angry I llove the western channel.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

What is the point in even subscribing to a premier package? Epix is not equal to Starz and cost your corporation less money. I  have been with your company for a long long time and as soon as I am done with my prison time with your unfair contract I will be moving on. I am not paying you the amount of a small car payment to continue to pay you for things I do not want. If you had any idea of how to keep customers you would not scam the ones you have by taking away Channels they subscribed to. You should honor the time they have and once that time is expired you can introduce your lousy packages. The premier package is supposed to be your top of the line. . I have been having many discussions with people about not getting involved with your company do to the inability to honor what you sold. You can forget about loyality from my family anymore, and there is no way I would get a cell phone or security package from you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

There is nothing I will watch on EPIX. Can I remove it from my plan? Will my plan without EPIX cost less? It should, it's far inferior to Starz. Can someone help me cut the cord?

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

4 years ago

I posted here https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Starz-leaving-Premiere-packages/td-p/3255308/page/2
about this on Nov 11. Yesterday I got my new paper billing notice from CC,  NO WHERE does it state anything about the dropping of Starz.
Downloaded billing from CC, same thing. Hey CC what about those of us that are paying for Epix now ? Is there a captian on this ship ? ?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

So are you replacing Starz  which has 11 movie channels with Epix which will have four? Lousy deal.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

It's not $10 for TCM but for the whole package that includes CMT and Red Zone among others...  I agree that for people who love TCM, it was a bust but nothing to me since I got the extra package to watch Red Zone during NFL season...    Early this year, I did drop the $10 extra piece since it was after nfl season but got it back so never noticed that TCM was moved..  Plus I got back CMT and Big 10 Network ( but not ACC Network which is another story )...

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

Yes..  Starz via Amazon or Hulu is less currently than as a premium on Comcast...  I suspect that'll change moving forward...    I am planning to keep Starz off till February when Outlander comes back..  I will add Starz as a channel on Amazon Prime.....  I haven't tested it to see if it shows up on the Amzaon Prime connection on X1...  I would guess not but it does show on my Amazon App on my ROKU...

I had asked about going to a cheaper service but with all the services I have, it would cost more if I went more ala cart..      I'll stick with it for now and see.. 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I have been looking at places to get other services as well. I have found several ways to get Starz and everything I have found is cheaper. I will be moving away from Xfinity as they do not seem to do anything for those who have been longterm subscribers. their channel line ups with packages was the last straw.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Will be Starz channel 834 not be offered on the premium packages starting 12-10-19?

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

I wonder if they'll still turn on the other packages they had planned???  Compare and contrast...

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, Just an update on a previous post received my latest "bill" and Epix was still being billed even though it is now included with the Premeir package and had to request a callback and try to explain my issue and was on hold for quite awhile while the rep was "checking" what I was saying, he came back on the phone and said they would have to "remove" Epix from my account in order for me to not be charged. I am sorry but this makes no sense to me but this was to be expected LH/RH not working with each other. Unfortunately bill is not any lower than it was with CInemax and Starz/Encore

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here