Community Forum

Smithsonian Channel HD? When will it be available?

Highlighted
New Poster

Smithsonian Channel HD? When will it be available?

I just switched to Xfinity from another provider and enjoyed Smithsonian Channel in HD for years.  I made sure to specically ask for Smithsonian when I ordered service.  I'm in the Chicagoland area and discovered it's only in SD.  This is unacceptable in 2019 not to have it in HD.  When will it be avialble?  That's the channel I watch most than all the others.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Smithsonian Channel HD? When will it be available?

You're lucky to get it in SD. Where I live, Comcast doesn't offer it, even in SD, and I have the HBO-level package.

Highlighted
New Poster

This is truly unacceptable. If you’re going to offer a channel, it surely must be in high definition if you’re making your customer pay for your service. I’m incredibly disappointed in Comcast.
Highlighted
New Poster

I agree.  Why isn't Smithsonian in HD especially since it's educational?  I had it in HD on T-mobile.  Instead, there are dozens of channels that I don't care for in HD.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Anon552426 wrote:

I just switched to Xfinity from another provider and enjoyed Smithsonian Channel in HD for years.  I made sure to specically ask for Smithsonian when I ordered service.  I'm in the Chicagoland area and discovered it's only in SD.  This is unacceptable in 2019 not to have it in HD.  When will it be avialble?  That's the channel I watch most than all the others.

Weird that you don't get it.  Been watching Smithsonian Channel in HD for years here in the Atlanta area.

Highlighted
Expert

I still have the Smithsonian Channels (SD & HD) in my service area (Twin Cities MN).

If you do not have it just type in "Smithsonian" in the search field of "You Yube" on a smart tv with "You Tube" app, or other other IPV type of boxes for Internet streaming. Most recent, or old, eppisodes can be found there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Many Smithsonian shows are also available in HD OnDemand. I record shows, but usually wait a day to watch them OnDemand, if they show up.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am searching my OnDemand for Smithsonian Channel and I cannot find it. In Charleston, SC with the preferred package.