yupik's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 15th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

NHL Center Ice 2019-20 Season

I tried calling the xfinity center to get NHL Center Ice for the season and was told to sign up for the Sports Entertainment Package (SEP) and it looks like I get the NHL Network but I can't tell if that includes NHL.TV or Center Ice.

How do I ensure I get Center Ice? for 2019-20 without missing the games? I'm frustrated with the puacity of data available...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

5 years ago

You will most likely have to wait until October 1st.  There is usually a 1-2 week free preview.  The agents still don't understand that the NHL Network is not Center Ice.  Just be patient it will be there

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

New Xfinity customer. Does center ice come with nhl network? I have the sports and entertainment package now because of it. If it’s included I can drop it no? And it doesn’t come out till October 1st so no preaseason?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

NHL Center Ice should be available on 9/23 to purchase the early bird offer. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

I was told it does not include access to NHL.tv.

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for that, Chad. Do you know if subscriptions can be added via web, or must we (ugh) call?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I chatted with a Comcast agent who promised that all NHL Center Ice 2019-2020 games will be available in HD.  They did not say if that was in beta or not, and they did not know the price.  It will available in "early October" which is somewhat funny since the season starts on October 2.  Every customer seems to agree that broadcasting games in SD is just an insult to the customers, and you wonder why Comcast would even consider it.  Also, it seems that they should already know the price, so my suspicion is that it will be as expensive as NHL.tv (streamed on a Roku, for example), which is $116 for a single team and $145 for all teams/games (or maybe Comcast will charge even more??).  I would prefer to get this as an add-on to my Comcast package, and you would think that would be at least at a small discount to loyal Comcast cutomers versus buying NHL.tv directly from the NHL.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

The subscription offer will be available on 9/23 and can easily be purchased from the X1 Interface and Games will be offered in HD as well.

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

5 years ago

@billmich88888 wrote:

@ComcastChad wrote:
The subscription offer will be available on 9/23 and can easily be purchased from the X1 Interface and Games will be offered in HD as well.

so there will be like 9+ linear HD channels (with channel numbers)  for 'NHL center ice'

or is "offered in HD" mean via this 'Beta platform' (which seems to be around 5 years old now)

Cmon,  surely you know the answer to that 🙂

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

I believe the plan is to remove the “beta” tag and assign channels that will appear in the guide. Will have to check if it will be ready before the season starts or is updated after.

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastChad wrote:
I believe the plan is to remove the “beta” tag and assign channels that will appear in the guide. Will have to check if it will be ready before the season starts or is updated after.

Is  that also the plan (for next spring) for MLB extra innings ?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Chad - one of the big problems in the past was that you couldn’t record games in HD (on access live through the Beta channel). Being a west coast fan of an east coast team - I have to record almost all the games to watch later. So I couldn’t watch via Xfinity and had to subscribe through the NHL site (which works but not easy and has some issues). Are you guaranteeing that this year xFinity will have NHL Center Ice be like other sports and have an HD channel for each game so it can be recorded? If so I will do that instead of through NHL.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

5 years ago

Ah, that’s not cool. I will subscribe to NHL.TV instead ($24.99/month). I like the ability to watch NHL games on demand and on the go, mobile.

But it would of been awesome if Comcast added NHL.TV with NHL Center Ice. Like they recently did with MLB Extra Innings and MLB.TV. I don’t even think Comcast offers access to NBA League Pass Digital on NBA.com, mobile, tablet or Roku/Apple TV with NBA League Pass 😞

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

5 years ago

It sounds like no one has actually signed up for CI for this year. I used my X1 cable box/remote and ordered it. Now, how do I know that the order actually "took"? I did get a message on the screen that my purchase was successful and that I would have access to CI within 2 hours--something that was literally imposible. This was at 10AM on Monday. If I navigate back to the NHL Center Ice voice search, I still see the "Subscribe" box. No email about the added service. My billing doesn't roll over until after Oct. 4. If anyone does sign up through web or tv box, please share with me your verification method from Comcast. Thanks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How exactly did you 'authenticate' your free NHL.TV account through your NHL CI subscription?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

Do you subscribe to HD service? HD is required to purchase NHL CI this year.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here