cvk9's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Marquee

I do not know what the status of Marquee sports will be but I do object to the cost of their fans and non-fans. I for one will consider changing my choice of TV provider if the cost goes up to support the Cubs payroll. Comcast, please hold the line and not pay the Cubs

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The problem is out of all the channels I pay for I probably only watch a dozen or so.  Its not a matter of who's paying for what channel because Im paying for channels you want that I feel I should not have to pay for, we all have our preferences.  Therefor comcast needs to come up with a "choose your channel line up".  That way comcast only has to pay Marquee for the viewers who want it.  All problems solved, I will pay extra for Marquee but not have to pay for the 100's of channels I will never watch.  Comcast ARE YOU LISTENING!!!!!!  I will do anything including switch to Ditest TV, after 35 years with Comcast, to be able to watch the cubs games

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

Comcast does now have a semi-"a-la-carte" system called Flex. I don't know if it's available nationwide yet.

Problem Solver

• 

721 Messages

4 years ago

Flex looks like it's an alternative for customers with Xfinity Internet but not TV. It does not include any "live" channels, which I assume would include any live Cubs games on Marquee, although it does allow access to HBO, which shows live events (e.g. boxing) on occasion. It also does not let you record anything. on an Xfinity DVR.

It does not appear to be "a la carte" in any way, other than letting you access things like Netflix and Amazon Prime if you have subscriptions to those services.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Can U Guys Make A Deal Already All The Cubs Fans Wants 2 Watch The Cubs This Season On The New Deal

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I don’t want an increase in my cable bill, I already had an increase to get back the TCM channel that got held for ransom. I won’t tolarate another increase for a Cubs channel and I will look elsewhere for a cheaper alternative than xfinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Looks like AT&T TV is in my future.   Too bad......I did like Xfinity but will NOT give up the Cubs games     Too old to be going to the games.    RIP Comcast ?   

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

I have a feeling they'll work something out. The biggest issue is the $4/month that Marquee wants to charge everybody who can access the channel (whether or not they ever watch it). The simplest thing for Comcast is to add Marquee to the (More) Sports-Entertainment channel package (as they recently did with TCM). Then people who want to watch the Cubs must pay an extra $9.95/month for the new channel package, but everybody else is left alone. I doubt Marquee is happy with that prospect, because they'll get nowhere near as much money, and that's what this is all about, right?

Problem Solver

• 

721 Messages

4 years ago

@LarryR2 wrote:

I have a feeling they'll work something out. The biggest issue is the $4/month that Marquee wants to charge everybody who can access the channel (whether or not they ever watch it). The simplest thing for Comcast is to add Marquee to the (More) Sports-Entertainment channel package (as they recently did with TCM). Then people who want to watch the Cubs must pay an extra $9.95/month for the new channel package, but everybody else is left alone. I doubt Marquee is happy with that prospect, because they'll get nowhere near as much money, and that's what this is all about, right?

The problem with this is, how do you explain to the Cubs fans that "their" channel is on the Sports & Entertainment package while the White Sox (and Bulls, and Blackhwaks) channel is available to pretty much everybody in Illinois?

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

@ThatDonGuy wrote:
The problem with this is, how do you explain to the Cubs fans that "their" channel is on the Sports & Entertainment package while the White Sox (and Bulls, and Blackhwaks) channel is available to pretty much everybody in Illinois

I enjoy both the Cubs and Sox (crosstown is a problem). The regional Sports fee of nearly $9 is paid by everybody, and covered all those teams plus the Cubs. Now it might go to $12 or $13 just because of Marquee. Maybe it's not the end of the world, but I dislike money-grabbing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I agree with other comments.  I would switch services (hesitantly because I like the services I currently have) in order to watch the Cubs.  What's the status of negotiations?  Are you even talking to the Cubs about adding Marquee Network?  It's a big issue for Cubs fans, and there are many!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

If the Cubs Marquee Sports Network is not on Xfinity by 2/22/2020 I will be canceling my service. Thank you.

Tim Hebert

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

If Comcast doesn’t carry the cubs this year and I mean soon I know a ton of people including me that will move to the Dish network. Come on Comcast. Get negotiating!

Problem Solver

• 

721 Messages

4 years ago

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

4 years ago

@Cubsfan1973 wrote:
If Comcast doesn’t carry the cubs this year and I mean soon I know a ton of people including me that will move to the Dish network. Come on Comcast. Get negotiating!

I hope you mean DirectTV, because it is very doubtful Dish will ever carry it.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

The silence is deafening.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this happening by next week. Remember, the Cubs and Comcast were once partners.  What better way for Comcast to stick it to the Cubs for pulling out of their partnership than by not upping.

They'll tell you--you'll stil see Cubs games on their air on FOX, ESPN, FS1 and four Sox games against the Cubs on NBCSCH.  Unfortunately, FOX and FS1 only account for around seven games right now and ESPN has to black out some games as part of their deal (they can carry around 20, but can go only go in-market roughly 10 times). And MLBN does a whole lot of baseball, but has no in-market rights for regular season Cub games. So all told that's around 21 games--or a mere 13% of the regular season.  (TBS also might carry one game in the regular season as well.)  And for spring training, ESPN gets one Cub game and NBCSCH gets one Cub game against the Sox (MLBN will be allowed to pick up a CHC/OAK game to carry in Chicago with the A's announce crew). So that's barely 10% of the exhibition season.  

Sorry to paint a bleak picture, but such is life the Comcast way. Wish Comcast would prove me wrong and up with Marquee from Day 1, but they won't.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here