Community Forum

Investigation Discovery

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Investigation Discovery

When is Investigation Discovery coming back to the lineup?

Highlighted
New Poster

Investigation Discovery - Bring it back!!

I had Investigation Discovery with my plan - the price of which is now more than I am willing to pay so I changed to another plan - now I cannot get ID (I still get 250+ channels).  Agent I spoke to said it was because Comcast thought it was not popular so it was only grandfathered for people that had it in their plans, like my old one.  Are you kidding me???  When is it coming back?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery - Bring it back!!

I Just changed over and I triple checked that ID was part of my lineup. It was listed in the most basic package. I verbally asked about it when I spoke with a customer rep before we committed to the switch only to discover, when I go to that channel, that it wasn’t available. It was completely misleading to have it listed when it’s been gone since even before I signed up (from everything I’ve seen online). I was highly upset as well and keep hoping they decide to bring it back bc when you look on Twitter, it has a lot of people upset.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have been fighting with Comcast for more than a year about this and I did at least have a customer service rep that was honest enough to tell me the truth and that they weren't getting it back anytime soon.  I originally called to change my service but when she told me it would not be in the new lineup if I made ANY changes AT ALL.  Since I had it currently, I would be able to keep it if I kept my current package and eat the $35/mo fee increase.  What a crock!!  So my bill is ridiculous, but I still have Joe Kenda which is how some people still have access since they never changed their plan.  I keep checking back to see when they make a deal but I only have so much patience so I have 3 more months, then it's "Cord Cutting" to the max.  Philo and Sling have it in their lineup so that's where we'll end up most likely.  Dumb move to begin with but at this rate, over a year later, it is now stupid.

Highlighted
New Poster

No more Investigation discovery!?

I’ve been with Comcast for years. I just switched my package and my Investigation Discovery, which is all I watch, got an error message. After Comcast pushing out updates, fixes, etc...they sent out a tech. Who created a drop line. When I called back saying now it needs a subscription, “that’s impossible”, we removed that completely from all packages. That is horrendous service, from cable which is becoming more and more a thing of the past. I only watch ID and Netflix.
I’ll be looking for new companies all together, and no, I won’t be forced to pay the cancellation fee...as in no time of the switch, the updates/troubleshooting or the tech support was thus mentioned, despite that being the ONLY channel I was asking about.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: No more Investigation discovery!?

@Hatchem wrote:
I’ve been with Comcast for years. I just switched my package and my Investigation Discovery, which is all I watch, got an error message. After Comcast pushing out updates, fixes, etc...they sent out a tech. Who created a drop line. When I called back saying now it needs a subscription, “that’s impossible”, we removed that completely from all packages. That is horrendous service, from cable which is becoming more and more a thing of the past. I only watch ID and Netflix.
I’ll be looking for new companies all together, and no, I won’t be forced to pay the cancellation fee...as in no time of the switch, the updates/troubleshooting or the tech support was thus mentioned, despite that being the ONLY channel I was asking about.

ID was removed a long time ago.  Customers were grandfathered in to the channel until their plan expired and they renewed or updated, at which point the channel was removed.

If you're in a contract and you cancel you will pay an early termination fee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem. Upgraded package and lost Investigation Discovery Channel. Feel ripped off! Hope xFinity will bring it back with so many complaints!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same here. Updated channel package to "better" one and lost our favorite channel: ID. Would've been great had there been some disclosure notice to switching.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You can still get "some" ID chanels via PlutoTv.

Go to:  Apps>Video>PlutoTv>On Demand>ID Discovery

Some of the shows are listed and can be viewed there.

Highlighted
New Poster

I was on the phone for 1 hour and 15 minutes trying to get this resolved. I upgraded - I thought - to a plan that would give me better streaming for a room that wasn't receiving well, so with that, ID was taken off. They didn't inform me of this channel being not available with the new plan. They said it was the same channels. I like others here on this feed, watch ID everyday and now it's gone. I can get it back by canceling my contract and paying $33 more a month? Are you kidding me? I've been with Xfinity/Comcast for 20+ years and this is no way to treat a loyal customer. So aggravating being on the phone that long, being transferred 3 different times and even speaking to the "loyalty" person which got an ear full from me. No help what so ever. Just wanted more money and wasted 1.15 hours that I'll never get back!

Highlighted
New Poster

The same thing happened to me today. We are so disappointed. I'd was our favorite. But a tech is scheduled to come Friday. I don't know the purpose????
Highlighted
New Poster

It doesn't seem right that you choose a package with what you want to watch and Comcast can willy nilly change the package. Then, you say oh that's not what I signed up for and they charge you for dropping them.
Highlighted
New Poster

"you will pay" seriously, I'm already paying way to much for the ridiculous amount of channels I never watch. I was told I'd have the same channel line up with the upgrade to X1. Clearly this wasn't true.
Highlighted
New Poster

Add me to the list. Two hours on the phone and a promise that the channel will be back soon. Soon as in when? When I cut the cord and go to Sling?

Highlighted
New Poster

Yep. <Edited>. I wanted to attempt to save on my $300 bill with them and was told I would no longer have ID if I did. So, I dropped them and went with DirectTv and their interface and remote is horrible. The remote is the clunkiest thing I have ever seen and it has no voice capabilities🙄so we’re getting the shaft either way. All just to have the channel you enjoy the most...sad state of affairs.

Highlighted
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

What happened to the Investigation Discovery channel?  I was told when I upgraded I would still have the same channels I always had.  That needs to be added to my lineup or grandfathered in.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Investigation Discovery

Whoever you talked to was wrong, the grandfathering stopped as soon you upgraded/made changes.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

So how do we get it added again?  I have had no luck with 3 different customer service reps, who have all had different answers.  

Highlighted
Expert

@masj wrote:

So how do we get it added again?  I have had no luck with 3 different customer service reps, who have all had different answers.  

Comcast currently has no agreement to carry ID and it is unknown when or if they will in the future.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just renewed my bundled package the other day and discovered that I lost Investigation Discovery. I was told today that I would have to pay full price for my cable package without a bundle price to get the channel. So basically instead of 183.00 per month, they want me to pay 259.00 per month to get Investigation Discovery. Ridiculous! So after 26 years as a Comcast customer, I am having Direct TV come install TV programming with ATT supplied internet and home phone. I get all the previous lost channels that Comcast took away in the last 2 years and it cost 50 bucks cheaper. There's too much competition out there for Comcast to get away with gouging people any longer.

Highlighted
Expert

@Txneon04 wrote:

I just renewed my bundled package the other day and discovered that I lost Investigation Discovery. I was told today that I would have to pay full price for my cable package without a bundle price to get the channel. So basically instead of 183.00 per month, they want me to pay 259.00 per month to get Investigation Discovery. Ridiculous! So after 26 years as a Comcast customer, I am having Direct TV come install TV programming with ATT supplied internet and home phone. I get all the previous lost channels that Comcast took away in the last 2 years and it cost 50 bucks cheaper. There's too much competition out there for Comcast to get away with gouging people any longer.

Considering Comcast has no agreement to carry ID, the person you spoke with had no idea what they were talking about and was trying to upsell you.  I don't blame you for being upset and angry over it.  Good luck with the move.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We haven't upgraded anything.  My wife used to watch that show religiously.  Now it's showing in our channel lineup, but it says it requires a subscripton, but you have to go to the Xfinity website to add it.  It's not there.  

What brought me here is "See No Evil" has an episode tonight at 8:00 about a fellow motorcycle rider who was murdered for his motorcycle.  I'm reading on a forum that other people are able to get that channel and they will be recording the episode.  So, some subscribers get the channel and some don't?  Why is that?   If I pay $240 a month for a bundle, I expect the channels I've always had will be available.   I've haven't needed a reason to switch to DirecTV, but this bull will make that decision easier.   

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

so hwat channels are alternatives to ID that comcast carries?

Highlighted
New Poster

Agreed!!!!!!

I was told twice by customer services reps that "all of my channels I currently access will be in the new package"  ...   and, this included ID channel (although I had not asked directly about this one channel).   So, I changed to the GO BIG package a week ago ...  and, to my surprise/disappointment,  the ID channel was not included ... and, when I call Xfinity, I am told it is not included AND not available for this package ...   it was included in my previous package that I was grandfathered in for the past few years...    The rep did not make any comparisons of the package and simply replied "yes" to my question that "all channels are included in this package that were in my grandfathered package".   Extremely disappointed!!!

Comcast/Xfinity ...   bring back the ID channel in these packages!!!!!!!    ASAP!!!!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Comcast, bring back ID. It was my favorite channel before I upgraded my plan and unknowingly lost it.

PLEASE!

Kathy 

Highlighted
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

There is currently no contract problems with ID.  Comcast has just decided not to allow new customers to have this channel.  My mom is 85 years old and this is her favorite channel.  Please allow new customers to have this channel and make an older person happy.  It's really unfair to everyone.

Highlighted
Expert

@Denise38 wrote:

There is currently no contract problems with ID.  Comcast has just decided not to allow new customers to have this channel.  My mom is 85 years old and this is her favorite channel.  Please allow new customers to have this channel and make an older person happy.  It's really unfair to everyone.

Who told you there isn't a "contract problem[s]" with ID?  Comcast currently doesn't have an agreement to carry ID.  Those that still have it are grandfathered in until a change is made to their service, and then they will lose it.

Highlighted
New Poster

I emailed Investigation Discovery back in February. Their full reply is below. See bolded section.

-------------------

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us about losing access to one of your favorite channels on Comcast. Recently, Comcast created new package options that do not include Investigation Discovery (ID). Due to these changes, affected Comcast customers will not be able to access all of the episodes available in the ID Go app, as full access requires a subscription to a Comcast package that includes Investigation Discovery. Unfortunately, the decision not to include ID in these new packages was made by Comcast and is not related to a contract dispute or any ongoing negotiations. We want ID fans to be able to watch the content they love, and Comcast has the necessary rights for ID to be made available to all of its customers.

We understand that this can be confusing and frustrating for our loyal fans and therefore recommend you contact Comcast to let them know that you are disappointed in their decision to not offer ID in their new packages. Viewer demand for a network is the best way to ensure it is added back to your channel line-up.

Thank you again for contacting us and we are grateful for your interest in and support of our programming.

Highlighted
New Poster

me too. They are adding a lot of documentaries and are leveraging it to get people to pay for more expensive packages as ID becomes more profitable

Highlighted
New Poster

Same here.  My reward for another year of long time service was a $30 hike to my bill. The 4th-straight yearly bill increase. Enough is enough and I called to modify my plan. Assured I would not lose any channels, I went for it. IDHD channel dropped out mid-program the next morning. It was the only channel gone. The rep said the contract between Comcast and ID had expired and they were trying to come to an agreement.

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes I want it back or I’m switching. Loyal customer for 7 years.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ID channel Is Back!!!!!

Back in Owings Mills, MD!! Best day ever!! Thank you xfinity!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: ID channel Is Back!!!!!

@Jasmc wrote:

Back in Owings Mills, MD!! Best day ever!! Thank you xfinity!!

Same here.  🙂

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Some people here in the forums are saying that it's back.  I'm not at home to check my tv but I'm very excited thinking I can watch it again. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Investigation Discovery is back today!  Check your channel.  🙂

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It’s still not showing up, says I need a subscription. These Comcast reps keep giving me conflicted information.
Highlighted
Contributor

So far I have only seen people in the east say it is back.

Has been reported on dslreports site too.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32788094-

Highlighted
New Poster

ID Channel

When I signed up for Comcast a year ago I was unable to get ID as one of my channels. Today when I got the new TV channel line up I noticed that ID was listed. So I decided to check if it was on my TV.. and it actually was! But when I go to on demand, all the episodes to every show are you have to buy to watch. Why is this?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OMG - I'm in Richmond, VA and ID is BACK!!! Thank you for letting me know!!

Thank you Comcast...

Kathy

Highlighted
New Poster

Northern Indiana and I have it back!!!!! Best news in awhile!! Thanks xfinity
Highlighted
Expert

Re: ID Channel

It is back under "Sports and Entertainment" as of a few days ago.  

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Looking-for-Channel-moves-Caution-for-Grandfa...

Highlighted
Contributor

ID is also showing as available again in the pro + packages.

ID.jpg
Highlighted
Contributor

For those that have a cablecard device/Tivo you may need to contact Comcast and have them refresh your channels if it should be part of your package.

I was getting Not Authorized for ID channel even though it is now part of my package again and a chat with Comcast resolved it.

ID channel now works for me again.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Still not available here.
Highlighted
New Poster

I noticed my box was recording something and I had just checked earlier in the day what shows were set to record that day and noticed only "See No Evil" was on there. It used to record it when we had the channel and then come that day that it was set to record it would just not record obviously. I never took it off my recording schedule..laziness I guess. Anyway, I noticed at around 8pm it was recording because the red light was on so when I checked it showed it was recording "See No Evil". I didn't believe it so I checked the channel and sure enough ID is back! I can't tell you how excited I was!!! My daughter said she had never seen me so happy about anything lol. I'm in the Chicagoland area so if you don't have it back yet in your area, hopefully soon! I don't know how I went so long without my favorite channel. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to drop a post and say thank you to the Comcast team for adding Investigation Discovery and to the many Xfinity customers who called in, posted on this forum or on social media for this channel to be added back! 🙂
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I’m still waiting for mine to be added back. Supposedly, they are doing it by region and I am in the central area. I hope to have it back today, the rep said I would.
Highlighted
Contributor

It appears to be back.  Check your service to be sure.

Highlighted
Contributor

ID appears to be back on Comcast.  Check your service to be sure.

Highlighted
Contributor

It appears to be back.  Check your service to be sure.