Community Forum

Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

New Poster

Re: Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

your reply is insulting.  I have never noticed that Cinemax was the same as HBO.  

Moreover, the notice given of this change is totally unacceptable:  tiny print on the bottom of page 3 on a 5 page bill.  Seems to me you knew what you were doing was unacceptable.  

Regular Contributor

Just found out today. Was watching a movie off Cinemax on-demand that was in my recently watched queue up until last night. When I went to pick it up today I got the bad news. I saw in the channel guide last night all the hitz channels and the cinemax channels that were left but I didn't check them. Now when I go to the guide and click on one of the hitz channels it just goes right to their lousy on-demand menu. Didn't watch a lot of Cinemax but I would pull a movie off it every now and then and actually had two in my queue. The Last Seduction was the one I was watching last night and disappeared today, but I also have that on Prime Video so I can pick it back up, also had Pirannah from Max OD but that is gone unless I want to pay $12 a month (NOT) Oh well, I still love the X1 so I will live with it.

New Poster

"Jett", a series I was watching on Cinemax is NOT offered by HBO.  HITZ is nothing but old movies.  I'm very disappointed in this move.  HITZ is NOT of equal value to what Cinemax offered and Cinemax does have it's own programming such as JETT.  While I'm sure our bills won't be reduced, I absolutely will NOT pay $12.00/mo for your bad programming judgement.

Frequent Visitor

I mostly agree with the reaction expressed by this email chain that the current Hitz content being offered is mostly inferior to that of Cinemax.  But I'm surprised at how many are "surprised" that this change took place when it did.  I always read my Comcast bill when it comes in the mail (I still get a hard copy in the mail) and it was clearly stated in the June bill that this change was to take place.  I complained on this forum a month ago as only a few others did too.  Too bad so many of you did not pay attention and didn't complain then.  Not that it would have made a difference - as this is Comcast we're talking about.  But if you're a true movie buff, then you'll see that not all of the content on Hitz is "b" movie quality or trash - which did surprise me - as some of the movies are critically acclaimed older movies from the mid-20th Century.   As for the later offerings from the late 20th and early 21st? - If you're hooked on Marvel movies and other juvenile media then you probably won't notice or care so much.  This change affects those of us who have been paying for the Premium package and a few other packages as well.  So how some of you could not be aware of "Streampix" and other content which is offered by default in these packages is beyond me.  After all, this is your money we're talking about so why are you forking over a chunk of money to Comcast if you don't know what you're paying for?  As for Streampix, most of the content consists of junk which no one wants to see - with a very few exceptions from time to time.   And if you're a fan of Turner Classic Movies, then you've probably already seen the current content of movies offered on Hitz that are worth seeing.  And there's the rub.  There really aren't any recently made movies of substance offered on Hitz like there are on Cinemax.  At least with Cinemax, if you happened to miss a fairly recently made movie leaving HBO you could see it when it moved to Cinemax.   Also, The Movie Channel content practically mirrors that of Showtime - so if Comcast was being honest about making the change as they are trying to advertise, then it would have been The Movie Channel that they would have dropped.  Yes, there may be contract issues with Cinemax, blah, blah, blah.  But they need to be honest.  Bottom line here, I don't have the time to watch everything I'd like to watch on TV these days.  But I do have time to check my bill and see where my money is going.  Shame on all of you who don't do that.  Start paying attention.  While you can't "rent" the original content offered by Cinemax, we can rent most of the movies they show.  So short of paying the $12.00 a month to get Cinemax back just for movies, I'll just pay the 3.99, 4.99 or 5.99 On-Demand rental to watch the one or two at the most movies I would watch on Cinemax now anyway.  Or wait till they offer Cinemax for free for a week and then "binge" watch if I feel to cheap to pay the rental.

New Poster

Same here  just found out about this earlier today. 

I had Max just yesterday and when i went to watch one of the many Max channels it said "Subscription required"?

Called them and found out what was going on and am extremely upset about this considering my bill will remain the same for less overall channels now( i looked over what  "Hitz"  has to offer and am not impressed at all!)  and the fact i am in a two year contract with Comcast.   Max has 7 channels!  How is this a good trade off?

This was not very fair to CHANGE something that was a downgrade while having to pay the same money for less per month. 

I am not shelling out a additional $12 per month when just yesterday and prior it was part of my total bill which is already at $200!  

New Poster

Exsisting package subscribers under contract should not have been affected by this change until their contract was up.   

Either that OR a reduction on the monthy bill.    Fair is fair comcast!

New Poster

I find this continual reduction in service very insulting. MGM movies were taken away and now Cinemax. Epix is also an extra subscription. I pay for a large package of options and I expect to get what I pay for. The choices are dwindling and cost goes up. How stupid do you think we are? 

New Poster

These guys are now censoring some of our posts. I posted earlier that HITZ does not provide any value compared to the Cinemax content that was taken away. It seems to me that if all of the customers would prefer Cinemax, saying that HITZ brings more value is a complete insult to our intelligence. Let’s see if they censor this one as well. Once my term runs out, I will be switching to another provider.
Contributor

When I look in the Guide right now, the movies offered on Cinemax are much better than what is on HITZ.  We don't want HITZ.  We want Cinemax!  When I signed the contract, Cinemax was included.  It is not fair that you remove it.

New Poster

Nice try and cover up. You took away channels and did not adjust pricing. Your hitz do not compare to cinemax..it just doesnt. However, this should have been a customer choice and not done the bully way.
Contributor

Totallay agree, just found today I no longer have my cinemax and it wants me to subscribe to the cinemax on demand for an additional $12.00 per month- are you kidding me? I'm already near $200 / month . what about the series shows we were watching on there? Like Jett? They aren't on Hitz, and also agree we lost a bunch of channels, frankly way too many sports channels for me included in this top pkg and music and not being rude by I see more latino channels/shows on the channels that did not use to be so. They got the whole 600 group of channels why is it encroaching on my package, and the 200 group of channels now. I don't speak spanish. So agree think its time to take a look a other options, - not sure you have them at the moment.
Contributor

And it is not available on demand. Not without first paying $12.00 / month additional for the Cinemax on demand service.
Frequent Visitor

I realized this today when I went to access Cinemax. After 3 calls to xfinity...getting "nowhere" (I might add) I pulled out all my junk mail and found a letter from some "big wig" announcing this change.....of course, no contact listed.  I am in an agreement with Comcast for a set fee and set channels until January 2021 and am viewing this as a breech of contract. I plan on making another call to retention. Hitz is substandard at best. I saw one movie from 2017, the rest were 2005 and lower. Comcast....although I really don't feel you care....this is not a great way to do business, I have been a loyal customer since 1992, but these shenanigans to profit of the backs of your customers is so petty, but sets a tone of customer value. A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT.

Contributor

Add me to the list of long-time (at least 20 years) Comcast customers that are completely disapointed at this change, and mad at the total lack of honesty about doing it. 

“While Cinemax is being removed from these packages, we believe the new lineup offers a better value,” Comcast said on the site. “Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’ll be delivering a better variety of content.”  <---This is a Lie, plain & simple. 

Where is Strikeback? Warrior? Jett? 

In reality Hitz is a second or third tier channel (Yes, one channel. Check the ondemand for Hitz1, Hitz2, and Hitz3...the same 254 movies.) There are less than 10 movies from THIS DECADE in this sub-par lineup. It is not even CLOSE to what Cinemax offered, hence the word "Premium" before the word "Channel" in describing Cinemax. Shame on Comcast for lying to their customers that "Hitz" is a comparable replacement.

This is from Comcast's "Customer Experience" page:

"Putting the Customer at the Center of Everything We Do

We are committed to respecting our customers’ time, simplifying their experience, and making things right if we fall short." <--Another Lie.

I called Comcast customer Support when I could no longer access Cinemax. I was hoping something could be done to compensate for having content I pay for removed. Although the CS person ADMITTED the change was not fair, and apologized at least a dozen times, NOTHING was able to be done in regards to "making things right".

My bill was just shy of $300 with internet & phone included. I spent HOURS on the phone 2 months ago negotiating things in order to reduce my bill down to $270. After all that, Comcast just decides to yank a service I'm paying for away? I am convinced they think they have a chokehold on their customers, but today there are plenty of alternatives to cable. I already own almost 3000 movies on Vudu, I also subscribe to Hulu and Netflix. Comcast is now working to force my hand in abandoning their overpriced cable service by their use of these deceptive & unethical means.

I would like Cinemax back in my lineup, or my bill reduced by the $12 this services costs. It is only fair that I get what I agreed to pay for, and Comcast agreed to provide.

New Poster

when I called last night the rep said if I wanted cinemax I could get it for $12.99 a month ! Time to change providers again 

New Poster

Thanks for the info on FiOS, looks like that is where I have to go also, bad enough they swapped Hitz for Max, but for me it does not work, my cable box says it is not working and on my cable card (Ceton) it does not show up in the TV guide at all.

Regular Contributor

I usually stick up for Comcast, but I am having a hard time doing that here. Was checking my favorites and I had two movies saved from Cinemax OD, "The Star Chamber" and "Bad Boys" (Sean Penn version) Those are gone now. Never much liked their shows, but you could usually pull a movie off OD in a pinch. Hitz is beyond lame. Not a very fair trade. I still have a pretty good deal so I'll live with it, but I am disapointed that Comcast would do this. My two movies certainly aren't on HBO OD so I don't know what they mean by saying HBO has all their stuff. C'mon Comcast, stop this nonsense, bring back The MaxSmiley Sad

New Poster

I agree - just got off the phone - pay more for less!!

New Poster

Obviously, nobody is falling for the company line of “better value.”  Bring back Banshee, Warrior, Strike Force!

New Poster

Cinemax removal

So even with the X1 Premier Quad Play, I have lost 4 Cinemax channels and received 3 HITZ channels instead? When I click on any of the 3 HITZ channels, it takes me to what looks like an OnDemand menu, it that working correctly? I wanted to watch the movie listed but I had to go search for it on the menu?

Contributor

Re: Cinemax removal

"Guys, we have great news. We're going to remove 175 of your 200 channels because we're like totally awesome like that. We're going to instead offer you 25 of the bestest channels ever known to mankind. With our new and totally improved 25 channel lineup you'll be able to see some of the greatest movies to ever hit the screen such as Battlefield Earth and Troll 2. Sure you'll still be paying the same contract price of $250.00/month but come on, Troll 2!!! Because we're like totally awesome and love and respect all of our customers we're still going to offer a few of the lesser quality channels like HBO with that really low grade show about dragons for the low bargain of only $30.00/month. But who are we kidding. No one is going to want channels like that when you see our super cool lineup. Did I mention we'll have Troll 2? We hope you love our totally cool and awesome changes and we can't wait to eventually cut those down for you to make your service even BETTER!!!!"

New Poster

How is replacing 6 channels of Cinemax that feature CURRENT movies and series with Hitz that has only 200 movies and no series is a compromise for my hard earned money? The newest movie Hitz has to offer is 3 years old. I understand Comcast could not come to an agreement with Cinemax but why is my dollar held captive? Why dont I have an option to DECREASE my monthly charges in return for you keeping your UNWANTED hatz on demand channel. Funny how if I didnt have HBO or Stars or TMC you wouldnt hesitate to charge the extra $10 + per month, but take away a network that was INCLUDED in my CONTRACT and I have NO RIGHTS?

Contributor

Why are you doing this?
Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’ll be delivering customers a better variety of content. 

No, you're not doing this for the variety of content. You're doing this because Cinemax is owned by AT&T/Time Warner and Hitz is owned by Comcast. You're favoring your own service and lowering your costs. Pretty much anybody who's spent a few minutes to understand the cable TV industry knows this to be the plain truth.

Having looked at the Hitz content, I consider its value to be indistinguishable from zero. I'd never pay for it and wouldn't care if it were in my bundle. Cinemax, on the other hand, had a movie on Friday night that hadn't shown on HBO or elsewhere ("Hunter/Killer", and, please, I know I have terrible taste in movies).

It's one thing to work to maximize profits. It's another to lie about it when everyone who reads it knows it's a lie. That just shows how little respect you have for your customers. 

Regular Visitor

Suggestion to Comcast for replacing Cinemax

Hello.  I was saddened to see Cinemax go.  What would be good is to substitute another premiumn channel, for example the Disney streaming that will come on line later this year.  Other folks have written about the poor substitute HITZ is.   Series have been lost (eg I was watching the newly started JETT and now that is gone).   I feel that we should have been given a choice to get HITZ or have our bill reduced once Cinemax was lost as part of our package. 

Frequent Visitor

I have added several emails to this thread since June when I got my bill announcing this change.  So it didn't catch me by surprise on July 17 when it took effect as it seems to have done to most of the  writers the past couple days.  In no way am I going to defend Comcast for forcing this change ("bullying" as one writer put it) upon us.  Totally unfair.  Hitz is not a comparable swap for Cinemax at all in the minds of any sane individual forced to hand over the ransome money of $200 plus that Comcast demands of us each and every month.  However, at great personal risk here, I do have to say something in defense of Hitz.  After browsing through it, it seems to be more of a cross between Turner Classic Movies and StarzEncore.  If you're only interested in current content and original programming then you're not going to like Hitz at all.  Understood.  And Comcast should never have made the assumption that any of us would - and by making the comparisons to HBO that they are.  But then why would they care anyway?  But there is also no need to trash Hitz in the sense that it has "zero" value as one writer put it - and others saying basically the same thing.  There are plenty of classics from the past on Hitz - a library of Hitchcock movies - which most real movie buffs appreciating film from the silent era to today would agree that these are not trash.  West Side Story and Funny Girl - musical classics from the 50s and 60s - and other genres - they won't be appreciated by the Marvel and DC crowd - but you can still be a true "movie buff" of any age from 16 to 106 to appreciate timeless movies from any era of film making.  I know, this defense will fall with blind silence on the eyes and ears of those who use their big honkin' 80 inch 4K ultra HD screens and surround sound for the sole purpose of watching fake CGI movies all day long in your media room basement.   But let's not insult the great film makers and movie stars of the past that so many of the rest of us appreciate and just because they were made before you were born.  There is some merit in some of you  maybe taking the time to see one or two of these old classic movies instead of showing chosen ignorance about them.   My biggest problem with Hitz right now (and no I wouldn't have traded Cinemax for Hitz either - but it's a done deal for now) is that I've seen so many of the movies being offered on Hitz - which I've already watched on Turner Classic Movies and other Premium channels.  And there are only about 4 movies on Hitz right now that I haven't seen that I'm planning on watching.  And yes, there is a fair amount of "B" movie content on Hitz which I'd never waste my time watching - but that's the same with HBO-MAX-SHO-TMC-STZ-Netflix-PrimeVideo - where most of the content is just manure filling to support the claim that they are offering thousands and thousands of movies for your hard earned money.  Even Turner "Classic" Movies is guilty of showing "sub-B" content.  They're showing that 1967 "classic" -  "Hillbillys in a Haunted House" tonight (in the wee hours).  Anyone going to stay up for that or DVR it?  There might be one or two since there also seems to be a big audience for Madea and The Klumps these days judging by the content on Showtime and The Movie Channel.  Speaking of TMC, who would (better question, who is) paying the extra $12.00 a month to receive this Showtime knock-off if you don't already have a package deal like Premium?  5.99 a month for Streampix anyone - where currently as of today not a single movie I've seen or want to see?  I would gladly give up TMC and Streampix for a $17.99 value to Comcast in order to get back Cinemax.  And since I've seen most of what Hitz has to offer and probably will have in the future - I'll give back Hitz (for $12.00) for total net savings in Comcast's favor of $17.99!!  But then Comcast already knows that these two "premium" channels (Streampix  and TMC)  are not worth what they are extorting their non-package subscribers individually for.   Guess it's time to reevaluate the "Premium" package.  Maybe just rent the movies from On-Demand for 3.99/4.99/5.99 and then pay for one of the Premium channels for a month and binge-watch the original content I want to see and then cancel.  Or wait for the free week and binge watch then.  Bottom line, yes I too just want Comcast to leave me alone and give me back what I had before July 17 and let me be the one to decide if I want to make "trades", add or deletes in the future.  Don't tell me I'm going to like something better before I've had a chance to see it.  And one other thing, they probably should just rename "Hitz" to something like  "Comcast Cinema" since the "Hitz" moniker is open to so much ridicule.  They kind of opened themselves up to that one too.

New Poster

Loss of Cinemax

I can’t believe Comcast delivered a <Edited> small print notice of Hitz  replacing Cinemax at the bottom of the last page of the bill in June.  Cinemax provided original content. The last thing we need are more channels to watch old movies.  I’ve had this HD Complete XF bundle  for about nine years and never dreamt Comcast would be removing one of the premium channels. <Edited>

New Poster

I'm surprised that Comcast thinks they can just take channels away while you're under contract with them for a specific package. Their answer: Well you can just pay $12 more a month to get Cinemax. Absolutely not the correct way to handle a customer because I WAS getting Cinemax and never agreed to switch to Hitz. Hitz seems to have a bunch of nonsense the from 1990s (or earlier!) and doesn't include ANY of the movies I was watching on demand through Cinemax. Cinemax also has original TV shows that now I don't have access to. They keep saying this is "better" but really it is only better for Comcast, not for the customer. 

Just like I'm not allowed to say "Well I know I agreed to pay you XX monthly, but I've just decided to only pay YY" they shouldn't be able to randomly change your package. 

I'll be shopping around and looking for another provider. I find this change to be one that puts the burden on the customer--the only benefit is to Comcast. And how dare someone tell me "Well just pay $12 extra to include Cinemax." You're changing the package, asking me to pay the same price although now I'm not getting 6 Cinemax channels, and you have the nerve to tell us well just give you $12 more?! 

Shopping around begins today! If this is how you do your customers -- typical bait and switch nonsense -- then I don't think I want to be your customer anymore! 

New Poster

Right,, just found out this weekend with NO E:MAIL/TEXT that replacing channel line-up. I really like XFINITY however,, BUT just be up front and honest about changing channels,, before i waste my time calling technical support.    About HITZ:::  WOW,, I GOT TO WATCH AIRPORT 77 !!!!  

Frequent Visitor

Lower Bill for Losing Cinemax

Will I get a credit on my bill each month for losing premium channel (Cinemax) for which was included in my recent 2 year contract?

New Poster

My biggest problem now is that "Hitz" is just an additional selection of on demand movies... which I have with Netflix and Amazon Prime. Why does the guide show certain movies running and then when you switch to the channel you just get a list of available movies. Hardly a "channel" and poorly implemented execution.

New Poster

I agree 100% its not a good or even replacement. I checked on demand at what HITZ offers and
its really pathetic. I called to complain and all I got was lip service from comcast. Customer Service
states that all the same content was also available on HBO, when I checked original series could
not be found on HBO from Cinemax. Comcast would be more than happy to provide Cinemax for
and additional $12.00 a month plus tax and fees which totals almost $28.00 per month. 

I then thought I could just watch it on my Prime Video, however you can't watch Cinemax, HBO,
or CBS on Prime Video using a Xfinity Box its restricted. So for the money I pay I think its time
to re-evaluate my options for cable and internet. If I can't trust my cable provider to delivery good
customer service and satisfaction its like a relationship its time to move on.

johndoe7

Regular Visitor

HITZ On Demand sort on Most Recent ... 2 cartoon movies from 2017 and everything else is older. What a ripoff.

Regular Contributor

You seem to be censoring quite a few posts, including mine, which had no foul language of any kind.

You just didn't like what I had to say.

I've been a programmer for 30 years now. Censoring me is a big mistake.

I'll enjoy canceling my comcast account.
New Poster

This is really outrageous to reduce content and charge the same thing.  The current packages should be reduced by 12 dollars.  Hits has a total of 8 movies, without the few animated, from the past decade.  SO please do not say this is better content, more content, it's pathetic content.  No original series, a bunch of old outdated movies that were probably cheap to have on this network.

I have been a comcast customer for 20 years, I have all comcast services at the corporation I own as well.  I am really contemplating dropping everything out of principle.  What kind of business practice is it to reduce a service and charge the same, and try to pacify customers with quotes of "excitement".  

<Edited> 

New Poster

Agree. There should be a price discount at the very least. I asked if they will waive the early termination charge since they are not honoring the agreement I signed up for and they said no. Comcast really is as bad as everyone said. Wish I would have listened and just cut the cord vs coming over from DirecTV. Will be leaving once contract is up.
Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

side bar question  - cinemax is one of the few channels I dont subscribe to so I am not affected by what you just reported. are you saying that Comcast no longer offers Cinemax?

@tctc wrote:

Great update, Auto Resume.  Is there a doc somewhere that shows which programs offer this?  I just found it randomly on a couple of my recordings.  Best new feature since I've been a customer, hopefully it becomes widespread. 

Ridiculous/illegal update, removing Cinemax and continuing to charge me for it.

cinemax repeats HBO content. xfinity has moved to a new service Hitz.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The reason is simple, profit. We are paying $12 s month for Cinemax (Comcast’s own valuation), they drop Cinemax but don’t refund anything. They then add a junk platform of old outdated movies from their own catalogue. Valued at $6 s month (the amount they are willing to drop our bill if we drop Hitz). This moves $6 a month straight to the bottom line AND they make money each month off a catalogue of films that was not earning. Who cares what customers want(original programming) Comcast sees us as an ATM. Well I’ve had enough. I’ll just buy the shows I want and Netflix and Amazon will fill in the gap. I bet I save money too and own the programming. Be careful Comcast, you are about to become redundent.
Regular Visitor

Re: hitz is a BIG MISS!! Removing CINEMAX is a CONTRACT BREACH

I agree its a breach of contract and I will begin by complaining to my local franchising organization in our city, then go to the dept of commerce. If all that fails I will probably actually sue Comcast for what you mentioned in their not discontinuing Comcast, but wanting to charge for it. I too have the highest package and will fight to keep it that way---a ten year customer.

Regular Visitor

Re: Hitz

<Edited> They take a package with $12 factored in for Cinemax with its original programming and contemporary movies, remove the programming, <edited> I can see why Comcast called it a good value, it is for them. I’m going to cut the chord. I’ve about had it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: hitz is a BIG MISS!! Removing CINEMAX is a CONTRACT BREACH

I feel obligated to pile on here. The selection of Hitz is pathetic and I'd rather have out of rotation HBO movies. I clicked through for a couple minutes and didn't see a movie newer than 2008. Comcast could have at least have pumped Hitz up with recent popular movies out of the gate then watered it down over time so it wasn't obviously a bad deal. But right out of the gate it is a blatant downgrade and cash grab.

I also feel obligated to reduce my bill somehow. Whether that's dropping services or switching cable providers (luckily I have options). It will be a pain but I'm not just going to take this.
Regular Visitor

<Edited>  Tomorrow AM I am going to my local office where and cancelling at least the premium services and depending on what I hear from them possibly all my service.

Regular Visitor

Re: HITZ? No, I'd call it "misses"

I completely agree. <Edited>

Cut the chord. I’m going to snd I’ve been s devoted customers, $350 a month cable, internet, cell and phone.

It’s about to change. Give that business analyst a raise !

Contributor

Re: Cinemax removal

@coharleyrider wrote:

So even with the X1 Premier Quad Play, I have lost 4 Cinemax channels and received 3 HITZ channels instead? When I click on any of the 3 HITZ channels, it takes me to what looks like an OnDemand menu, it that working correctly? I wanted to watch the movie listed but I had to go search for it on the menu?

They are all the same channel. Select any of them & they all contain the same content.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Makes sense! The repetitiion was one of the main reasons I got rid of Cinemax. Well, that and the fact Cinemax did not have any compelling TV series like HBO and Showtime.

@Rustyben wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

side bar question  - cinemax is one of the few channels I dont subscribe to so I am not affected by what you just reported. are you saying that Comcast no longer offers Cinemax?

@tctc wrote:

Great update, Auto Resume.  Is there a doc somewhere that shows which programs offer this?  I just found it randomly on a couple of my recordings.  Best new feature since I've been a customer, hopefully it becomes widespread. 

Ridiculous/illegal update, removing Cinemax and continuing to charge me for it.

cinemax repeats HBO content. xfinity has moved to a new service Hitz.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Hitz

For whatever reason, I still couldn't successfully put the $12/month Cinemax add-on in my cart this morning, so I ended up calling support.  I removed a couple other services I wasn't using, so the change in cost was more or less a wash.  It's still irritating to have Cinemax replaced by Hitz, but I seriously doubt that Comcast was going to listen to those of us who dislike a change that presumably impacts their bottom line in a positive way.

New Poster

Re: Premium Package - Hitz to replace Cinemax

@ComcastAlly wrote:

..."We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most."...

It seems pretty obvious that, if you really cared about providing the content that your customers want the most, then you should have spoken with a wide range of actual customers, rather than programmers who have a financial interest in the outcome.

Also, fyi: Disgruntled paying customers want to hear understanding, apologies, or answers in responses from Comcast Employees — not mealy-mouthed marketing messages. It would be better to have said nothing rather than suggesting that Comcast knows what we want better than we do. That has an unmistakable tone of patronizing condescension to it.

New Poster

I couldn't agree more. I'm incredibly angry at Comcast. How can they do that? When I called Customer Service last night when I discovered that Cinemax is no longer on my TV, they claimed that Hitz has the "same movies" as Cinemax, which is absolutely untrue. They also said that the movies on Cinemax are already on HBO, which is also untrue. The movie Fight Club was on Cinemax and when I tried to watch it, it isn't on Hitz and the ONLY way I could watch it is either to buy it or subscribe to Cinemax (which I already believed to be subscribed to.) And the movie Hunter Killer, which is new, is only on Cinemax and NOT HBO. Am I able to get out of my contract with Comcast? Did they not violate our agreement when I signed up when I did have Cinemax?

Regular Visitor

Re: NO TO HITZ - ITS A LOW GRADE MOVIE CHANNEL

This is typical of Comcast and so infuriating ‼️ I am paying for a service with Cinemax and then they just drop it. Restore Cinemax now!
Comcast is the worst‼️
Frequent Visitor

Once again, I feel obligated to add another two cents worth of my opinion.  I only access my TV programs and Premium content - on my actual TV thru the X-finity box only - and not on teeny tiney Computer and Phone screens.  So being out of the "technology" loop of those born after 2000 - not sure what the other issues are in accessing with media other than an actual TV.   That said, and at the risk of sounding truly stupid - what difference does it make in how many "channels" are available with Hitz vs. Cinemax?  I assume all of you complaining have the "Premium" package or another similar package where On-Demand is available.   I almost never watch these "channels" except  for sometimes the one HBO HD channel on Saturdays when HBO puts on a new movie before they put it out ON-Demand.  Most of these "channels" ya'll are all wining about are not HD channels anyway - at least in most regions of the country including mine.  Why even watch these sub-channels in standard def when you can just as easily go out to ON-Demand and see the same thing in HD?  Sorry, I guess my life is just easier than most of ya'lls.  The real issue here that everyone should focus on is the amount and type of content being offered.  Hitz has 254 movies (mostly "outdated" as some with limited interests will complain about) vs the 300 plus movies on Cinemax - which also has a good supply of "outdated" movies in thier catalogue as well - but has some really good movies from the past couple decades to the present which appeal to the tastes of those born after 2000.  Cinemax has original content as well which Hitz does not.  Although the original content on Cinemax is limited compared to HBO and does not appeal to my tastes - so no loss there for me.  I agree that Hitz is not at all a fair swap for Cinemax.  But it's not the end of the world.  But ya'll need to focus on the content and not the number of "channels".  "Channels" are so 20th Century.

Regular Contributor

Time to go...

Comcast, You have 2 days to return my cinemax channels, 9 in my market or you can guve me a 12 per month recurring credit because....

I Got my FIOS appointment in a couple days. Comcast will soon be <edited> distant memory. Been with them since early 80s, even before the cable company was comcast, back in the days prism was a movie channel.

Anyway, FIOS has agreed to pay early termination fee, if any.

I don't think comcast should even try to force anyone to stay <Edited>

How about I just arbitrarily change my contract term from 24 months to 10?

If comcast can change my contract, I can too.

<Edited>