Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: FoxSports2

I have a home in Mass where I have Verizon and FSP. Just bought a second home in a community in Florida where they have a bulk contract with Comcast and no FSP. I just added this complaint to the long list of customer complaints we discuss at the monthly home owners meeting and guess what - this will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back and goodbye Comcast. They will lose 300 customers (and probably still won't give a hoot. Talk about awful customer service.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: FoxSports2

I hope east coast gets Fox sports 2.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: FoxSports2

Playstation Vue is now available nationwide and they have ESPN(s), FS1, FS2, NBCSN all in HD for $29.99 a month, and you can also get BeIN HD if one upgrades to the $34.99 a month package. With a 30 day unlimited cloud DVR and apps available on iPad and Amazon Fire TV, this is a homerun when compared to Comcast offerings.

 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/14/playstation-vue-goes-nationwide-starting-at-29-99-in-new-m...

 

 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

In some areas we have this channel but not all. Expansion into other markets has to be negotiated between Comcast and FS2. Those negotiations are still ongoing.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

ComcastZach wrote: 

"In some areas we have this channel but not all. Expansion into other markets has to be negotiated between Comcast and FS2. Those negotiations are still ongoing."

 

Sure thing.  Its only been 3 years.   We wouldn't want to rush into anything now, would we?

 

Mike

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

LOL.  Only been 3 years now.....  Somewhat good news!  I was able to get FS2 through FoxSportsGo by choosing the more carriers button, scrolling down to Comcast/Xfinity and then entering my Comcast login information.  When I chose the First Comcast option with the pretty picture I could only view FS1.  Hope this works for you.  Note that it wasn't a stable enough connection to try to do a video capture, perhaps too many viewers hitting the server?  it was good enough to watch though.   Course my Chromecast decided to stop receiving video about 3 minutes into it so I was on a smaller screen then I would have preferred but at least I had surround sound.  

Regarding my FCC and Comcast complaints.  I got an e-mail request from the regional Comcast asking me to call and discuss.  FCC was then informed I didn't respond to the inquiry.  The paper letter today said I didn't respond and they do not offer FS2 in my area thus I assume the FCC won't do anything.  We are all aware that due to a misalignment of the stars, FS2 is not available in all service regions.  Just for grins, the attached is the Comcast channel lineup comparison which doesn't state not available in all areas.  It is only after you give up your address that you actually see FS2 not listed..

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2


@Me-ManassasVA wrote:

LOL.  Only been 3 years now.....  Somewhat good news!  I was able to get FS2 through FoxSportsGo by choosing the more carriers button, scrolling down to Comcast/Xfinity and then entering my Comcast login information.  When I chose the First Comcast option with the pretty picture I could only view FS1.  Hope this works for you.  Note that it wasn't a stable enough connection to try to do a video capture, perhaps too many viewers hitting the server?  it was good enough to watch though.   Course my Chromecast decided to stop receiving video about 3 minutes into it so I was on a smaller screen then I would have preferred but at least I had surround sound.  

Regarding my FCC and Comcast complaints.  I got an e-mail request from the regional Comcast asking me to call and discuss.  FCC was then informed I didn't respond to the inquiry.  The paper letter today said I didn't respond and they do not offer FS2 in my area thus I assume the FCC won't do anything.  We are all aware that due to a misalignment of the stars, FS2 is not available in all service regions.  Just for grins, the attached is the Comcast channel lineup comparison which doesn't state not available in all areas.  It is only after you give up your address that you actually see FS2 not listed..


I got an email from the FCC last week saying they received my complaint and they forwarded to Comcast who had 30 days to address it.

 

Well, lo and behold some Comcast person called me today and asked what they could do for me. LOL!  So, I laid out the following for her:

 

1.  Comcast was the one who issued the press release 3 years ago stating that "FS1 & FS2 were coming to our channel line-up when SPEED went away."   We all have been waiting for three years and not one thing has happened to get us FS2.

 

2. XFINITY sponsors the 2nd Tier NASCAR series and yet puts Qualifying, practice and other related events on FS2 which we can't get.

 

3. This thread is the biggest on the Comcast blogs and yet all we get is "cut and paste" updates from the Moderators every few weeks.

 

She thanked me and said she would "pass my concerns onto Management" (translation?  It will go into the garbage and we'll be sitting here having this discussion 3 years from now).

 

Oh well, at least I tried.

 

The one positive? We are moving 1st quarter next year, my contract is over and we will be kissing Comcast goodbye forever.

 

Mike

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

Man it feels good not to have to worry about this nonsense anymore. Enjoying FS2 and beIn in HD.

Highlighted
New Poster

Does Comcast plan on adding Fox Sports 2 to thier channel lineup in the near future?

I was wanting to know if Comcast ever plans to offer Fox Sports 2. I miss not having Speed thanks to Fox dumping it to steal their channel.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Seriously Comcast- you claim your greatness however, you can't even provide FS2?  If I want to watch the UEFA championship games I have to watch it in spanish- ridiculous- get FS2!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Bayern and Juventus in a huge Champions League match right now. On FS2, so not on Comcast.

 

Between the Champions League and the Bundesliga, FS2 is an absolute must-have for soccer fans. Even though I'm otherwise happy with my service, I'll be dropping Comcast if they're not going to add FS2.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

can the spanish channels be added for free? I get a couple of them but dont get ESPN deportes for some reason. 

 

Add me to the list of upset soccer fans that we do not get FS2 on the self-proclaimed "best sports" cable package. 

Highlighted
Not applicable

Fox sports 2????

How come comcast does not carry fox sports 2???

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????


wrote:

How come comcast does not carry fox sports 2???


Here's what I know:  Comcast and Fox are at an impasse over FS2.  Fox wants Comcast to offer FS2 in it's basic package, the same way ESPN 1 & 2 are offered.  That way, they can charge for EVERY household that has Comcast.  Comcast doesn't want to do that.  They blame Fox; Fox blames Comcast.  In the meantime, for going on three years now, Fox has been putting programing tha people want to watch on FS2,  with the aim of "ginning" up Comcast customers.  We are being manipulated.  Today, I was trying to watch 12 hours of Sebring.  First hour was on FS1, then it moved to FS2 for much of the race.  In the past, IMSA has offered live streaming to counter this, but this time it was blocked.  That is until enough people were complaining that IMSA went to FOX and said "Enough".  They made live streaming available on Fox Sports Go, even though, if you don't have FS2, you usually cannot stream their programming on Fox Sports Go.  This was done just in time for a lengthy red flag due to a monsoon w/lightning.  This is just for the race.  For other programming, the majority of Comcast customers are SOL.  This thread started in August of 2013.  It is now 30 pages long with nigh on 1500 posts.  If you have the time, you can get some of the picture.  Comcast isn't very forthcoming about why or it's future plans r.e. FS2, other than to say: "there are no plans to expand offerings of FS2 at this time...."  (even though they advertised that FS1 and FS2 would be available before the transition from SPEED channel to FS1 and FS2.)  I've talked and emailed with Comcast executives who have lied to me.  Comcast Teds, a shill who is the voice for Comcast on this forum has gone as far as to recommend you switch to a provider that offers FS2.  Hardly a customer oriented business model.  Comcast continues to dump a lot of trash channels that nobody watches on us, most of whom actually pay Comcast to be in their line-up.  That way they can charge us more.  They say that Comcast has the "Most Sports".  That is a lie, since a lot of the sports we want to see are on FS2.  If you have a choice, choose any service over Comcast.  In my case, Comcast is the only provider available unless I want to move (which would be silly; moving just so I could have a dish).  Good luck to you, and keep the pressure on Comcast.  It is ultimately their decision whether or not to offer FS2.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

I just left Direct.v. for personal reasons but am rethinking this decision. I am seriously disappointed that Comcast does not offer me FS2 but does give me FS1. Not happy I have to live stream FS2 to watch my motorcross!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????


@Ramonaday1 wrote:
I just left Direct.v. for personal reasons but am rethinking this decision. I am seriously disappointed that Comcast does not offer me FS2 but does give me FS1. Not happy I have to live stream FS2 to watch my motorcross!

Think again.  If you don't have FS2 on your line-up, Fox doesn't let you stream FS2 programming.  They made an exception today for the  12 hours of Sebring, but not until 1/3 into the race and under extreme pressure from IMSA.  Sorry.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox sports 2????

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

Thank You that's good news. Thank you for the response. Now if we can get Bein sports in HD next.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????


@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 


Are we to understand that Comcast has "added" FS2 to a current market area vs it being "added" as part of a "Legacy Contract" that Comcast aquired? If this is so, where is the market area that it was added to an existing contract? People here, that are in those areas, would very interested in that information.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

That is great to hear but what is that select area you are referring too?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????


@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 


Is this real?  Or is this just another spin on what you have already done, honoring pre-existing contracts?  Why does this have to come at a glacial pace?  Just get it done!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

So are you adding it to San Francisco Bay Area Region? Specifically Fremont California?
Please respond ASAP ComcastZack or ComcastTeds
As I will be considering one of your competitors.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

I'm thinking its a fake
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

What areas and cities? Please post your select areas.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????


@markdartj wrote:

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 


Is this real?  Or is this just another spin on what you have already done, honoring pre-existing contracts?  Why does this have to come at a glacial pace?  Just get it done!


I'll be pleasantly surprised if Comcast did "in fact" add FS2 to a market. I've a friend in the "Philadelphia Kremlin" & I'm led to believe that Comcast has not truly "added" FS2 to any market. He thinks that the only time FS2 has been added to a market is when Comcast aquires a "Legacy Contract" that ALREADY has FS2 in the lineup. 

 

This is why I asked for the exact market that FS2 was "added", so we can check with posters here that are in that market or know a subscriber in that market. Just a little "fact checking"?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox sports 2????

Not here in the Seattle viewing area.  Husband spoke to Comcast, they replied that they do not have a contract with FS2.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

The only Comcast customers that have FS2 are the people that had Fuel TV before it became FS2. The rest is more Comcast nonsense.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox sports 2????

We had Fuel.....  No FS2.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

It is all probably a bone thrown to us in order to keep the unhappiness coralled.  I read over on the FB side of the debate that the Maryland area had FS2 "added" just a year ago.  Don't really know the poster, but I suspect it was a case of a legacy contractual obligation once again.  He also said it was added in a "Pemium Tier", not basic cable.  That goes against all the arguments that I have heard from Comcast and FOX.  Since I already pay for a "Premium Tier", I resent the fact that I don't get FS2  yet probably pay the same rate as he does.  I have never dealt with a more obtuse company.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????


@Kaptar wrote:

We had Fuel.....  No FS2.


Yes, we had it too, but it mysteriously dissapeared before the announcment of it's change to FS2.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox sports 2????

I would like to believe Comcast but thewy have been beating around the bush on this for over two yraes now..

 

I'll believe it when I see it becayse the FCC has a hand in it too...   ALL "BS" as far as I'm concerned..............

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

My Xfinity support page shows FS2 as available now on the Digital Preferred package. Curiously enough FS1 is not available with that package. It is only available with Digital Premier, which of course does not have FS2 included. I'm calling Xfinity tomorrow to clarify but for right now seems strange.

 

BTW, I'm in Michigan.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

I'm thinking that since it looks like comcast will never give us FS2 and because of that, we're better off without having FS1 - when it comes to sports car racing at least.  (that's all I watch).  Last weekend, the annual 12 Hours at Sebring (Fl) was held.  True to form comcast aired approx. the 1st half of the race on FS1 then switched to FS2 which I don't  have.   This would be like showing the 1st 2 quarters of the Super Bowl then dropping the last 2!  I bet even obtuse comcast would listen to the uproar that would result!  I fear the sports car fans are just a too small group to get any rise out of comcast.  This forum obviously doesn't work.  I assume the only reason comcast created the forum was to give us a place to complain and they never had any intent of providing FS2.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox sports 2????


@l_turn9 wrote:

I'm thinking that since it looks like comcast will never give us FS2 and because of that, we're better off without having FS1 - when it comes to sports car racing at least.  (that's all I watch).  Last weekend, the annual 12 Hours at Sebring (Fl) was held.  True to form comcast aired approx. the 1st half of the race on FS1 then switched to FS2 which I don't  have.   This would be like showing the 1st 2 quarters of the Super Bowl then dropping the last 2!  I bet even obtuse comcast would listen to the uproar that would result!  I fear the sports car fans are just a too small group to get any rise out of comcast.  This forum obviously doesn't work.  I assume the only reason comcast created the forum was to give us a place to complain and they never had any intent of providing FS2.


Apologies. To clarify, the programming switch and programming on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 is done by Fox without any input or direction from Comcast. Apologies that Fox chose to make that programming switch mid-race.  

 

Apologies, we don't have any additional news to provide now around Fox Sports 2 being added to additional Comcast areas.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

I'm thinking that since it looks like comcast will never give us FS2 and because of that, we're better off without having FS1 - when it comes to sports car racing at least.  (that's all I watch).  Last weekend, the annual 12 Hours at Sebring (Fl) was held.  True to form comcast aired approx. the 1st half of the race on FS1 then switched to FS2 which I don't  have.   This would be like showing the 1st 2 quarters of the Super Bowl then dropping the last 2!  I bet even obtuse comcast would listen to the uproar that would result!  I fear the sports car fans are just a too small group to get any rise out of comcast.  This forum obviously doesn't work.  I assume the only reason comcast created the forum was to give us a place to complain and they never had any intent of providing FS2.


Apologies. To clarify, the programming switch and programming on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 is done by Fox without any input or direction from Comcast. Apologies that Fox chose to make that programming switch mid-race.  

 

Apologies, we don't have any additional news to provide now around Fox Sports 2 being added to additional Comcast areas.  


Ok, I have to jump in here.  On the last page (pg 30), ComcastZach says you are adding Fox Sports 2 in some areas, with the intention of adding it to all areas.  Now you say "we don't have any additional news around FS2 being added to additional Comcast areas).  So who is telling the truth here?  You or Zach?  You have 31 pages of unhappy customers, yet "there are no plans.....yadda yadda yadda"  Do you really care about your customers or is it just marketing drivel?  Your apologies ring very hollow, TED.  This can all go away in a heartbeat.  All Comcast has to do is agree to the terms Fox has set forward, in the same way we have to agree to the terms you put forward.  It is high time that Comcast starts listening to it's customers, rather than trying to squeeze every last nickel and dime for profit.

A gentleman from Michigan said on Facebook that you have added FS2 in his area, to the premium tier.  That flies in the face of everything you've said.  So once again, who is lying?  You,  your colleague Zach, or both of you?  Don't you get tired of having to apologize all the time?  Just fix the problem.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

I'll simply say to Ted & Zack:

 

Please respond to my question in message number 1503? It's not a very difficult question, in fact it's an easy question to answer.

 

Yes, that is message number "One Thousand Five Hundred Three" of 1530+ to date!!!!!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox sports 2????


@TrackDay wrote:

My Xfinity support page shows FS2 as available now on the Digital Preferred package. Curiously enough FS1 is not available with that package. It is only available with Digital Premier, which of course does not have FS2 included. I'm calling Xfinity tomorrow to clarify but for right now seems strange.

 

BTW, I'm in Michigan.


Apologies for any confusion. I don't currently see Fox Sports 2 as an available channel on your lineup via our internal channel lineup tool. Fox Sports 2 is currently available in some locations.      


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox sports 2????


@markdartj wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

I'm thinking that since it looks like comcast will never give us FS2 and because of that, we're better off without having FS1 - when it comes to sports car racing at least.  (that's all I watch).  Last weekend, the annual 12 Hours at Sebring (Fl) was held.  True to form comcast aired approx. the 1st half of the race on FS1 then switched to FS2 which I don't  have.   This would be like showing the 1st 2 quarters of the Super Bowl then dropping the last 2!  I bet even obtuse comcast would listen to the uproar that would result!  I fear the sports car fans are just a too small group to get any rise out of comcast.  This forum obviously doesn't work.  I assume the only reason comcast created the forum was to give us a place to complain and they never had any intent of providing FS2.


Apologies. To clarify, the programming switch and programming on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 is done by Fox without any input or direction from Comcast. Apologies that Fox chose to make that programming switch mid-race.  

 

Apologies, we don't have any additional news to provide now around Fox Sports 2 being added to additional Comcast areas.  


Ok, I have to jump in here.  On the last page (pg 30), ComcastZach says you are adding Fox Sports 2 in some areas, with the intention of adding it to all areas.  Now you say "we don't have any additional news around FS2 being added to additional Comcast areas).  So who is telling the truth here?  You or Zach?  You have 31 pages of unhappy customers, yet "there are no plans.....yadda yadda yadda"  Do you really care about your customers or is it just marketing drivel?  Your apologies ring very hollow, TED.  This can all go away in a heartbeat.  All Comcast has to do is agree to the terms Fox has set forward, in the same way we have to agree to the terms you put forward.  It is high time that Comcast starts listening to it's customers, rather than trying to squeeze every last nickel and dime for profit.

A gentleman from Michigan said on Facebook that you have added FS2 in his area, to the premium tier.  That flies in the face of everything you've said.  So once again, who is lying?  You,  your colleague Zach, or both of you?  Don't you get tired of having to apologize all the time?  Just fix the problem.


I believe what Zach was saying is that we have added Fox Sports 2 in areas where Fuel TV was previously offered. That is not new news. 

 

We are not currently in agreement with the terms that Fox has offered. Unfortunately, the issue and negotiations go a bit deeper than a single channel. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox sports 2????

What about those of us that had Fuel TV are paying the highest amount known to man and are not getting FS2?  Tired of this!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

So, answer me this, TED, If you are in compliance with the terms that Fox has offered you, why don't you tell us what the sticking points are?  In that way, you can harness all the unhappiness that your customers feel and we can put pressure on FOX.  Why all the opacity?  Give us information. The way your corporation is behaving is doing your customers, those who ultimately hire you to bring wanted services into our homes, a great disservice.  You are constantly telling us "It has to make sense for all the parties involved", yet I don't recall ever being asked what I would prefer.  Are we not your most important "party"? SIne qua non? We have made our preferences quite clear, yet COMCAST has chosen to ignore them.  Like I have told you before, if there were a choice of alternative service where I live, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  So in order to watch what I want to watch, I have to pay you for hundreds of channels I will never see, much less spend time watching them. Nobody from COMCAST has ever asked me: "Would you still want FS2 if we had to raise your rates?"  In fact, you are the only party in this thread who has stated anything about rates going up.  Most of us wouldn't care about the rates going up as long as we are able to watch what we want.  In fact, I think we expect that as an inevitablility. So why is COMCAST alway ranked last in customer satisfaction?  BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.  Your whole "Comcast Cares" campaign is a joke.  Just more marketing drivel.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

I have an update on FS2 in Michigan. It is a mistake on the channel guide on xfinity. I called and the customer service agent confirmed. Like many of you I really want FS2 and am very disappointed this is still an impass between the 2 companies. It takes 2 to tango and what I see is 2 companies who are not putting their customers first.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox sports 2????


@markdartj wrote:

So, answer me this, TED, If you are in compliance with the terms that Fox has offered you, why don't you tell us what the sticking points are?  In that way, you can harness all the unhappiness that your customers feel and we can put pressure on FOX.  Why all the opacity?  Give us information. The way your corporation is behaving is doing your customers, those who ultimately hire you to bring wanted services into our homes, a great disservice.  You are constantly telling us "It has to make sense for all the parties involved", yet I don't recall ever being asked what I would prefer.  Are we not your most important "party"? SIne qua non? We have made our preferences quite clear, yet COMCAST has chosen to ignore them.  Like I have told you before, if there were a choice of alternative service where I live, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  So in order to watch what I want to watch, I have to pay you for hundreds of channels I will never see, much less spend time watching them. Nobody from COMCAST has ever asked me: "Would you still want FS2 if we had to raise your rates?"  In fact, you are the only party in this thread who has stated anything about rates going up.  Most of us wouldn't care about the rates going up as long as we are able to watch what we want.  In fact, I think we expect that as an inevitablility. So why is COMCAST alway ranked last in customer satisfaction?  BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.  Your whole "Comcast Cares" campaign is a joke.  Just more marketing drivel.


I imagine that there are a few "sticking points". I am not privy to them all and most companies don't negotiate contact terms publicly. Most all of this is based on economics.  

 

As mentioned before, we are not currently permitted to offer Fox Sports 2 as an a-la-carte channel or as a part of a sports package, as much as we and/or our customers might like us to do. We are not currently permitted to offer customers this channel as a single channel or as a part of a sports tier and charge accordingly for it.   

 

Most all cable networks are paid by the video provider based on the number of subscribers that have a channel in a level of service. Most cable networks want their channels to be available to as many customers as possible. More customers translates to more money per-subscriber per month to that cable network plus the potential for more advertising revenue and reach for that cable network.  

 

Our customers have told us that they would like their cable rates not to continue to rise and to remain at or close to their current level. Offering FS2 (and possibly other Fox operated channels) to a wide (or wider) level of service (examples: Digital Starter, Digital Economy, Digital Preferred, etc.) would cause the monthly per subscriber costs that we pay to go up considerably. The more customers that have FS2 equals more that we pay to Fox every month. These are costs that would be passed along directly to our customers. 

 

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision.

 

We understand your (and others) passion and desire to have this channel. We don't currently have any announcements to make regarding this specific service.

 

 

As I mentioned, the negotiations for FS2 are not just about FS2. Fox owns and/or has an ownership stake in a few other sports, news and entertainment  channels. 

 

Some references:  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Entertainment_Group#Cable_network_programming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YES_Network

 

There is a good overview on this general topic (the cost of sports TV)  in today's Wall Street Journal.

 

Thanks for your feedback, it has certainly been heard and shared.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Fox sports 2????


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@markdartj wrote:

So, answer me this, TED, If you are in compliance with the terms that Fox has offered you, why don't you tell us what the sticking points are?  In that way, you can harness all the unhappiness that your customers feel and we can put pressure on FOX.  Why all the opacity?  Give us information. The way your corporation is behaving is doing your customers, those who ultimately hire you to bring wanted services into our homes, a great disservice.  You are constantly telling us "It has to make sense for all the parties involved", yet I don't recall ever being asked what I would prefer.  Are we not your most important "party"? SIne qua non? We have made our preferences quite clear, yet COMCAST has chosen to ignore them.  Like I have told you before, if there were a choice of alternative service where I live, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  So in order to watch what I want to watch, I have to pay you for hundreds of channels I will never see, much less spend time watching them. Nobody from COMCAST has ever asked me: "Would you still want FS2 if we had to raise your rates?"  In fact, you are the only party in this thread who has stated anything about rates going up.  Most of us wouldn't care about the rates going up as long as we are able to watch what we want.  In fact, I think we expect that as an inevitablility. So why is COMCAST alway ranked last in customer satisfaction?  BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.  Your whole "Comcast Cares" campaign is a joke.  Just more marketing drivel.


 

Our customers have told us that they would like their cable rates not to continue to rise and to remain at or close to their current level. Offering FS2 (and possibly other Fox operated channels) to a wide (or wider) level of service (examples: Digital Starter, Digital Economy, Digital Preferred, etc.) would cause the monthly per subscriber costs that we pay to go up considerably. The more customers that have FS2 equals more that we pay to Fox every month. These are costs that would be passed along directly to our customers. 

 


But then you raise rates anyway without offering any additional services. You raised the broadcast TV fee and you raised the regional sports fee. I have a two year contract where I agreed to pay a certain amount per month for those two years, but comcast found a way to make me pay more anyway by increasing these "fees." If comcast were really so concerned about not raising rates, why didn't comcast refuse to increase those "fees"? I was never asked if I wanted to pay more for the broadcast TV fee. I would rather comcast not carry my local broadcast channels, as I could just buy an attena to get those channels, while saving money on my bill. But Comcast never considered that, because they don't actually care about their customers.

 

What is telling is Comcast has no problem raising those "fees" by several dollars but 28 cents per subscriber per month, which would actually add something to people's service (fs2), is apparently too much (28 cents per month would not "cause the monthly per subscriber costs that we pay to go up considerably"). Comcast also refuses to find any other way of carrying the channel. While Comcast allegedly cannot carry FS2 on the sports package, they could still raise the sports package price to cover the costs of carrying FS2 on a wide level of service. That would solve the purported problem of not raising rates on a wide level of service, and also allow Comcast to carry FS2. 

 

I am so sick and tired of your and Comcast's excuses, Ted. I am a month away from getting out of this terrible contract (that, as I said above, Comcast did not honor because it raised the price during the contract). 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

"Our customers have told us that they would like their cable rates not to continue to rise and to remain at or close to their current level. Offering FS2 (and possibly other Fox operated channels) to a wide (or wider) level of service (examples: Digital Starter, Digital Economy, Digital Preferred, etc.) would cause the monthly per subscriber costs that we pay to go up considerably. The more customers that have FS2 equals more that we pay to Fox every month. These are costs that would be passed along directly to our customers.".....Comcast Teds.

 

Nobody ever asked me.  It is very convenient for you to cite "customers", but who, and when did you ask?  Why can't you do a comprehensive survey about what customers are really unhappy about, be it rates, channel availability, priorities, etc.  Every other business seems to have surveys attatched to them.  Why not you?  My guess is that Comcast really doesn't want the feedback of customers.  You would rather keep them in the dark.  You would rather not know the extent of the rot.  Give us more that just anecdotes pulled out of a hat.

 

     By the way, TED, you've mentioned there are other Fox channels in the hold up.  It seems to me, looking at the link to Wikipedea you included in your last reply, we ALREADY have those other channels.  The only one we don't have is FS2.  I am certain that if you decided to play hardball, you could go to FOX and say, OK....we'll just drop all the Fox channels and replace them from other sources (actually, no need to replace them, since very few of them have content I care to watch....once again, a survey would tell you that).  Sure, you would have a lot of unhappy customers who do watch those channels, but hey, you already have that and it doesn't seem to bother you (By you, I don't mean you personally of course, but as you are the spokesman for COMCAST, you it is).  IT IS TIME TO STOP STRINGING US ALONG.

 

     Channels come and go constantly without any input from us.  Whose brilliant idea was it to add "Al Jazeera"?  Seriously?  You can add "Al Jazeera but not Fox Sports 2?  The ones that get added are usually garbage filler channels, which you get at the cheapest rates, yet as the previous posted commented, you have no problem raising "fees".  I have saved all my correspondence with Comcast, and maybe the answer is to send it all to the FCC.  You run roughshod over your customers with the attitude that says to us: this is what we offer; be happy with it or sod off to another provider.  My partner broke her back when she was 18 during a skydiving accident.  Now, almost forty years on, she is disabled.  That means we don't get out much.  The television is our means of entertainment.  If it were just me, being so disgusted with the way COMCAST does business, I would just cut the cord.  We have no alternative provider where we live.  In our case, COMCAST is a monopoly just dictating the terms.  I have had a lot of correspondence with Tom Wheeler, especially when Comcast was trying to merge with Time Warner Cable.  I guess I'll have to send some more letters.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox sports 2????


@markdartj wrote:

"Our customers have told us that they would like their cable rates not to continue to rise and to remain at or close to their current level. Offering FS2 (and possibly other Fox operated channels) to a wide (or wider) level of service (examples: Digital Starter, Digital Economy, Digital Preferred, etc.) would cause the monthly per subscriber costs that we pay to go up considerably. The more customers that have FS2 equals more that we pay to Fox every month. These are costs that would be passed along directly to our customers.".....Comcast Teds.

 

Nobody ever asked me.  It is very convenient for you to cite "customers", but who, and when did you ask?  Why can't you do a comprehensive survey about what customers are really unhappy about, be it rates, channel availability, priorities, etc.  Every other business seems to have surveys attatched to them.  Why not you?  My guess is that Comcast really doesn't want the feedback of customers.  You would rather keep them in the dark.  You would rather not know the extent of the rot.  Give us more that just anecdotes pulled out of a hat.

 

     By the way, TED, you've mentioned there are other Fox channels in the hold up.  It seems to me, looking at the link to Wikipedea you included in your last reply, we ALREADY have those other channels.  The only one we don't have is FS2.  I am certain that if you decided to play hardball, you could go to FOX and say, OK....we'll just drop all the Fox channels and replace them from other sources (actually, no need to replace them, since very few of them have content I care to watch....once again, a survey would tell you that).  Sure, you would have a lot of unhappy customers who do watch those channels, but hey, you already have that and it doesn't seem to bother you (By you, I don't mean you personally of course, but as you are the spokesman for COMCAST, you it is).  IT IS TIME TO STOP STRINGING US ALONG.

 

     Channels come and go constantly without any input from us.  Whose brilliant idea was it to add "Al Jazeera"?  Seriously?  You can add "Al Jazeera but not Fox Sports 2?  The ones that get added are usually garbage filler channels, which you get at the cheapest rates, yet as the previous posted commented, you have no problem raising "fees".  I have saved all my correspondence with Comcast, and maybe the answer is to send it all to the FCC.  You run roughshod over your customers with the attitude that says to us: this is what we offer; be happy with it or sod off to another provider.  My partner broke her back when she was 18 during a skydiving accident.  Now, almost forty years on, she is disabled.  That means we don't get out much.  The television is our means of entertainment.  If it were just me, being so disgusted with the way COMCAST does business, I would just cut the cord.  We have no alternative provider where we live.  In our case, COMCAST is a monopoly just dictating the terms.  I have had a lot of correspondence with Tom Wheeler, especially when Comcast was trying to merge with Time Warner Cable.  I guess I'll have to send some more letters.


We do representative customer surveys and customer research all the time, on many topics, including focus groups. We aren't able to reach out to all of our customers all of the time.  

 

The reality is that the other Fox-owned and operated channels are an important factor in the ongoing discussions and negotiations for FS2. 

 

Al Jazerra America has been covered a few times in these forums. Condensed version: Al Jazeera America was formerly Current. Comcast had a distribution contract with Current. Current was sold to Al Jazeera America and that existing contract carried over to the new ownership.

Some more background here on that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_TV

 

Apologies that we aren't able to provide Fox Sports 2 to more customers at this time. 

 

Your comments and feedback have been shared.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

 I am a customer in Chicago area who is exasperated with the continued lack of FS2 on my system.  This is a reason that I literally pray every day for Google Fiber to come to my area.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox sports 2????

For those PS4 gamers out there PS Vue does have FS2 in all of its TV packages.
Highlighted

Re: Fox sports 2????

I am another customer who doesn't understand the lack of Fox Sports 2 on Comcast. I am in the Chicagoland area and, like one of the previous commenters, was incredibly aggravated when I realized that a huge Bayern UEFA Champions League match was on FS2. It's like getting continually slapped in the face when UCL matches are slated for FS2 and I can't get them when I'm totally willing (& already am) paying for the sports package.

Seriously, it's been a few years since FS2 launched. Just add FS2 to the lineup nationwide already. When you look at the channels Comcast currently offers, it's inconceivable that FS2 isn't on offer at minimum as part of the sports package. Cost can't possibly be the issue...
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

So what I'm reading here is that there is no way to watch the FA Cup semi final today.

Comcast, you are a disaster and an absolute rip off. Thank God fios will be available in my region soon

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

Not the best option but it's on Spanish FOX (channel 679 in my area).