Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Frequent Visitor

Re: CAN'T watch Xfinity racing on Xfinity TV?? (Fox Sports 2)

Be careful, buddy......say too much, your message will be removed......Like a ton before that they deny were not removed.   Occompanied by a nasty little message from them.  This morning there were 15-20 complaint messages on here - they are all gone, and try to refer to a message that was posted years ago.   This will soon be gone, without anybody being able to reply to your post.  How they do "business" I guess, doesn't matter how much we pay them a month.

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: CAN'T watch Xfinity racing on Xfinity TV?? (Fox Sports 2)

Removed.

As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

I think these posts say it all and also shows how Comcast feels about their customers. The whole industry is flawed. All channels should be available and customers should be able to pick and choose their channels. Basic should be local and government. Then you have a pick 10, 50 etc. You pay the price of the channel. Shouldn't have to pay for ESPN if all you want is CNN.
Frequent Visitor

Fox Sports 2, Or the Lack Of.........

Happy to carry this over somewhere else (actually a couple of places).   Just upsets me to be lied to (on here) and see posts removed because they a Comcast negative.   Like I said, shopping this tomorrow.  Done with silliness..........

Frequent Visitor

Sorry mrshvd3 I did not get to see it , I was so agravated I just went to bed after posting.

All of the useless channels they shove down our throats and they can't even replace what we used to have covered on one channel before . I would like to know what goes on in some peoples head to justify doing this to the people that make them rich . Part that sucks is they know they have some of us by the B@lls unless we go to the sky and that has issues also . Whay is it we had no issues a couple years ago ( NASCAR ) but some AH had to make it better in their mind.

Regular Contributor

@GaryNSJersey wrote:

Sorry mrshvd3 I did not get to see it , I was so agravated I just went to bed after posting.

All of the useless channels they shove down our throats and they can't even replace what we used to have covered on one channel before . I would like to know what goes on in some peoples head to justify doing this to the people that make them rich . Part that sucks is they know they have some of us by the B@lls unless we go to the sky and that has issues also . Whay is it we had no issues a couple years ago ( NASCAR ) but some AH had to make it better in their mind.

That's okay, Gary, I was ticked off, too. Won't help any with watching it live, but the Xfinity race from today that had no home on XFINITY will be re-aired (so the channel guide says) on Tuesday morning at 10 (ET) on FS1. NA$CAR.com shows both the qualifying and the Cup race at Sonoma next week on FS1.....but I guarantee nothing if it rains on Sunday. After Sonoma, everything except Trucks will be on NBCSN (Trucks will still be on Fox) for the rest of the season. But I'm sure somebody will find a way to louse that up, too.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the heaps up on the reair. I agree they most certainly will find a way I have faith in them doing the wrong thing to " their" customers

Contributor

I can barely wait for nascar to send the weekly fan council survey so i can say what races - bettween nascar, fox and comcast no one raised a finger as usual, for the fans. Oh but we got a new mod who's showing who has the biggest pair by censoring out my posts today. Well he can't censor me on the fan council survey and I am going to post a link to these 25 plus 3 years worth of pages, the nascar fan site today was rife with the same complaints. And they all get our money - fox, comcast and nascar in the garbage like die casts, shirts etc we buy. Hooked up my new goodwill router, stage one cutting the ties with comcast...the two goodwill cable modems despite fully functional are on their end of life list so they wont even recognise it, no problem, goodwill takes everything back, and I have 20 stores in my area,m no doubt I can find a docsis 3 modem to replace my 10 year old arris I have paid rent for, forever. Yep the fan council will get an earful - they sell the naming rights yet make no demands as far as overage - of neither comcast nor fox. astonishing- only motorsports. the nba, nfl, baseball etc wouldnt put up with this garbage - they'd sever ties with fox year one and put comcast on a penalty contract clause. Only motorsports - where the racing series let the networks and cable systems do anything they please including not showing events, practice or qualifying to any fans unless they have dish xtra. ok teds replacement for the weekend - I'm all set for your censoring, you can censor all you like, you cant keep me from posting links to this to nascar.

New Poster

WHY DOESNT FOX SPORTS 2 NOT AVALIBLE ON COMCAST?

THE NASCAR RACE ON 6/20/15 WAS RAINED OUT AND RE-SCHEDULED ON SUNDAY 6/21/15 ON FOX SPORTS 2. COMCAST DOES NOT OFFER FS2 OR HAVE ANY PLANS TO EITHER. I HAVE CALLED MAY TIMES AND ASKED ABOUT THIS ISSUE ALONG WITH NOT OFFERING MAVTV WHICH HAS A MASSIVE MOTORSPORTS CONTENT. THEY ARE CLUELESS ABOUT ANY OF MY QUESTIONS. THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW FOR ME. ON TOP OF ALL THIS THEY JUST RAISED THERE RATES AGAIN TOO. I WILL MOVE TO THE PROVIDER THAT OFFERS ALL OF THIS AND FOR LESS MONEY TOO!! DOESNT ANYONE CARE ABOUT THIS LACK OF SERVICE AND OFFERINGS? (NOT YOU COMCAST).

Contributor

I said i would tell the nascar fan council today - I just did. Go ahead comcast - censor away - you constantly delete mine and others posts fpor no reason. You cant delet that I sent it to nascar though!

is there anything else regarding this past weekend’s race(s) that you would like to share with us? ya - WHAT races? Of course nascar only PRETENDS to listen -I been doing these fan councils enough years to know better. This weekend no imsa televised, formula one nbc covers only early, nascar - ok a very late truck race friday. NOT ONE second of practice or qualifying. Comcast has naming rights for the xfinility series, knew BEFIRE doing so they werent going to carry a lot of the racres at all - the refuse to make peace with as freedy fox - so less than 1/2 of one percent of comcast subscribers get fox sports 2- where fox puts all the racing. Including imsa, arca and many other auto related programming. Fox sports one has become what it set out to be - a bad close of espn - except 100 times more annoying, just like fox news network. 100 million nascar fans, how many for arca, and imsa - supposedly 22 million comcast subscribers left - and not one sees any of this except - one exception - dish network has an expensive package called xtra which you can get fox sports 2. Not dish, not comcast - since fox ruined speed it hasnt been the same. I am making plans to get a square indoor antenna and drop all paid tv to get free only channels - in chicago - thats about 60 boring channels. I am livid though - this fathers day weekend, my wife dead, sone gone, daughter murdered, dad and grandpa passed 20 years ago, no job in 7 years, all I got is church,m ushering and knights of columbus - but less and less nascar or racing coverage. You know whats going on - you read your own fan pages - they griped all during the joliet race sunday. I live 45 minutes from the track. So extra special to me. I amso have for 3 plus years posted in a HEAVILY censored comcast owned forum that subscribers have complained for the past three years since speed. comcast is very heavy handed and regularly deletes a lot of the posts at whim so the real number of complaints - subtract at least 25 percent. hereis a link - 25 pages of complaints over 3 years -

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Fox-Sports-2-formerly-Fuel-TV/td-p/1796282/pag...

I also have many times complained to the fcc.

I say shame on nascar and imsa and arca. You sold the naming and tv rights. yet you are never available to fans except these so called surveys likely mostly read by marketing folks. Comcast - they dont care - they got their exposure, billions in profits and the pride to know they are named again americas most hated company. Fox - fox is a consistent joke - and for nascar we are stuck with darrel and mikey - both who should have been retired to a kentucky horse farm ages ago.

Nascar = as I drop paid tv I will miss nascar. But not modern nascar - maybe junior but he is NOT anywhere near his dads talent - ust a lot more likeable. the qualifying is a joke, and now not televised. The chase - its nike ncaa basketball - the chase drivers might like, tv guys like - fans hate. Its a joke. as a fan since 1960 - 55 years - i will miss nascar from about 1983 to about 1995. 83 I got cable, espn back then cared, some was on tnn....nascar was genuine. But I am broke, and if I wasnt I am tired of paying for merchandise to nascar and money tpo fox and comcast - and then for three years and counting they carry less and less nascar. We thought espn at the end was bad - fox sports and comcast easily eclipsed espns neglect to racing fans. I dare you to go to the comcast site - read 25 pages - and actually wake up and do something. I know better. Nothing will be done, not now, not ever.

Regular Visitor

Re: Race coverage on FS2

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@DLC2 wrote:
Well Comcast you've done it again. Another year that race fans get practically no coverage of sports car racing. The greatest endurance rece in the world is on today and the majority of the coverage is on FS2 (which we don't get) with minimal coverage on FS1. It was the same for the 24 hours of Daytona and the 12 hours of Sebring. How long do your customers have to beg for FS2? Thanks for nothing, get a clue. I so miss Speedvision and COX cable. If the choice was available in our area Comcast would be nothing but a bad memory!!!

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

You keep repeating the line that FS2 is one of their "least distributed cable channels." I don't care what their distribution is, I care that Comcast is not willing to distribute the channel to its customers. And, as pointed out above, it is only "least distributed" in relative terms, as every other television provider has FS2 on at least one of its packages. If Comcast chose to pay the 16 cents per month per subscriber to distribute FS2, then FS2 would no longer be one of Fox's "least distributed cable channels" anymore. Stop trying to pass the blame onto Fox.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: WHY DOESNT FOX SPORTS 2 NOT AVALIBLE ON COMCAST?

Oh come on man, wouldn't you rather watch an info commercial on a great pressure cooker to buy?   What is wrong with you?

This weekend, all Cup practice and qualifying is on FS2.........was a little funny that the "XFINITY" race was on a channel they do not provide.  

New Poster

Auto racing

The speed channel has been removed from the comcast lineup and I kept on hoping that comcast would have other channels pick up more auto racing during the week days, but all you have done was rerun nascar in America every week! what the heck put racing back on tv during the week even if its nascar race re ran. like the xfinity series race that got postpond and reran on fox sport 2 witch we do not get!!!

Contributor

Fox is as much to blame for FS2 not being available as Comcast.  Fox wants the channel on one of the top level tiers, but Comcast is unwilling.  Obviously subscribers fees much mean more to Fox than advertising dollars.  If it wasn't, they would allow Comcast, make it available in what ever way possible.  Through a Sports package or lower tier.  Rumors are that MAVTV wanted Dish to put their channel on a higher tier and Dish said no it stays on the Outdoor package.  Mav didn't like it and Dish dropped it. We live in a time that cable should become ala Carte. Pick and choose.  Or channels go to streaming, allowing us to pay for what we want, and not pay for the other 90% of crud that is force down our wallet..

Regular Contributor

@SpeedBuggy wrote:

Fox is as much to blame for FS2 not being available as Comcast.  Fox wants the channel on one of the top level tiers, but Comcast is unwilling.  Obviously subscribers fees much mean more to Fox than advertising dollars.  If it wasn't, they would allow Comcast, make it available in what ever way possible.  Through a Sports package or lower tier.  Rumors are that MAVTV wanted Dish to put their channel on a higher tier and Dish said no it stays on the Outdoor package.  Mav didn't like it and Dish dropped it. We live in a time that cable should become ala Carte. Pick and choose.  Or channels go to streaming, allowing us to pay for what we want, and not pay for the other 90% of crud that is force down our wallet..

SpeedBuggy,

As I've said before,with Comcast,  this will happen when pigs fly in formation, with the slot pig inverted. "Back in the day" this was the way things happened when cable was in it's beginning stages. As we all know "things have changed". I may stand corrected BUT I believe if you have Verizion FIOS on your street, this plan is available with them?

New Poster

Fox Sports 2?????

This is a question about a channel that I believe is not carried by Xfinity.  Where or can we see FOX SPORTS 2?  This channel was the only place last November where the Cal-Stanford Big Game was located for the entire first quarter.  Local fans wait yearly for this event and the LA feed showed us Oklahoma football and the entire post game show on FS1 before they kicked over to the Cal game.  The ladies FIFA soccer tournament has been on recently and again games are exclusivikly featured on FS2, which I believe Xfinity is not carrying.  So I ask - when will Xfinity offer its loyal subscribers this channel? The BigTen network is an additional charge, so maybe FS2 should be offered that way, but in the perfect world BOTH these channels should be offered on the Sports package that includes Pac10 and the SEC.

Frequent Visitor

I agree! Fox, Comcast, & Nascar are all at fault & don't care about there customers! They gave us leftovers by reshowing a race where we knew the winner! I turned it on to watch the end monday & they cut it off! Why couldn't they put the race on FXX on sunday? There's nothing but repeats on that channel anyway! I watch Indycar on NBCS & they show the races fine but they don't show practices & they show the qualifying later, not live. So who knows what will happen with Nascar.

Contributor

@SpeedBuggy wrote:

That is one tired excuse/lie that the cable company has been putting out there as a PR stunt to customers. FS2 is not available on any top level tiers on the other major providers out there (be it the satellite companies or Verizon), it sounds ridiculous that Fox would only insist that Comcast have FS2 on top level tier but not the others. Another debunked myth.

Contributor

I'm glad the thread has legs, sadly that is all it has as nothing is going to change. Last week no nascar - all on fs2. This weekend coming up - I am stunned two weekends in a row, no qualifying, no practice, basically it is worse than espn got at the end ONLY the live race sunday will be televised - that's worse than even last weekend itself a pathetic joke - and while we all got mad a heavy handed comcast weekend mod deleted most of our posts (at least ted is a little more tolerant)..  nascar Racehub - what was a daily racing show on fs1 - was bumped for more than a week off fox sports 1 - they are paid by fox - so all they said was bet you missed us, welcome back. We can complain all we want. Until every sport deferred to fox sports 2 complains - nascar, imsa, arca, other sports - the battle with fox and comcast will never end. I worried once I returned to church I'd miss raceday and some racing. I am off to goodwill to return to docsis 2 cable modems, going to find a used docsis 3, or not,  and off to walmart for a cheap tv antenna. this thread will last either until nascar folds from empty seats and silver spoon management or people forget who speed channel was. We could hope comcast would lose lots of customers, well that isnt happening - 400 ads a day for comcast   - as wc fields said a sucker born every day. cant go to att uverse - they dont carry fs2 either. Guess until fox sports viewership falls off a clip as folks are sick of wwe and non stop fifa it will be 25 pages more here coomplaining, and guess what - no change.

Regular Contributor

@jimrussell2000 wrote:

This weekend coming up - I am stunned two weekends in a row, no qualifying, no practice  

Hi, Jim --

According to NA$CAR.com and MRN.com, qualifying will be on FS1 on Saturday at 2 p.m. (ET). Up to today the on-screen channel guide had that listed as Cup practice, but it also says "qualifying" now.

Also, I've just noticed that this past weekend's Xfinity race that was shortened yesterday is on the schedule again today, from noon to 2:30. Maybe somebody at Fox accidently flipped a switch yesterday....I know Fox got an earful from viewers about it. We'll have to see what happens today when they get to the last 20 laps.

If it rains on Sunday's Sonoma race, who knows what will happen. After Sonoma, it's all NBCSN (except for Truck) -- that may be a whole 'nother circus. Doesn't Comcast own NBC now, too?

Contributor

to your question - yes comcast owns nbc. 2 - oh my gosh thank you- I just put on fs1 - even tho I heard erik jobnes already won, it will be nice to see the race. 
3 to this weekends tc schedule - I use tvracer.com, very reliable - updates often (pardon the formatting, not easy turning tables to plain text) - so far this is what he has for thsi coming weekend's coverage....I do NOT get cbs sports because despite a very pricey sports package in my bill cbs sports is not in it anymore than fpox sports 2. (tho cbs sports is avaliable - fs2 not - I just cant afford cbs sports - used to be free with my package, now it is an addon).

Friday, June 26, 2015
1:00am-3:00am (R) Global Rallycross Daytona NBCSN
2:00pm-2:30pm (6/20-21) Global Rallycross Lites Daytona NBCSN
3:00pm-5:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice Sonoma FS2
6:30pm-8:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Final Practice Sonoma FS2

Saturday, June 27, 2015
12:00am-1:30am (6/26) IndyCar Qualifying Fontana NBCSN
7:30am-9:00am (L) MotoGP World Championship Assen FS1
10:30am-12:00pm (L) Formula E London FS1
1:00pm-3:00pm (L) -1st Motos - MAVTV
9:00pm-11:00pm (SD) -2nd Motos - NBCSN Pro Motocross Budds Creek MAVTV
NBCSN
2:00pm-3:30pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying Sonoma FS1
4:00pm-8:00pm (L) IndyCar Fontana NBCSN

Sunday, June 28, 2015
10:00am-2:00pm (L) - FS1
2:00pm-4:30pm (L) - FS2 United SportsCar Watkins Glen FS1 FS2
10:30am-12:00pm (L) Formula E London FS2
2:00pm-3:00pm (L) -Pre-Race
3:00pm-6:00pm (L) -Race NASCAR Sprint Cup Sonoma FS1
2:00pm-4:00pm (L) ARCA Racing Winchester CBSSN
4:00pm-5:00pm (6/19-21) V8 Supercars Hidden Valley CBSSN

Frequent Visitor

jimrussell2000 - thanks for posting that lineup. 

Well done, Sir!

Contributor

glad to help...we're all in this sinking ship together I guess...not sure if ted will take the first liefeboat though LOL

New Poster

channels to add please

please add fox sports 2, fox sports 3, and fox soccer plus these three channels will be great thanks

New Poster

Is Comcast going to get Fox Sports 2?

Is there a plan to get Fox Sports 2 on Comcast.  I missed the NASCAR Xfinity (comcast) race because the race got postponed due to rain and they showed it on Fox Sports 2.  You would think we should be able to watch something sponsored by Xfinity on a channel provided by Xfinity - Comcast.

Contributor

Gold Cup starts in about a week and half the games are scheduled for Fox Sports 2.  Come of Comcast, get with it already and add Fox Sports 2 HD. Even if you put it in the Sports Entertainment Package, I know I would subscribe, and I'm sure a lot of others would as well.

Problem Solver

In recent contract negotiations with Cox, Fox Sports 2 was moved to Digital Essential, their equivalent of Digital Starter. So it is very likely Fox wants the same of Comcast, to take a channel that is not even carried throughout a large portion of their footprint, and place it somewhere that it's easily accessible and something that all subscribers have to pay for, whether they want it or not.

Those of you who are big motor sports fans may not like the current situation, but that's likely why it is the way that it is. 

Regular Contributor

@drhull wrote:

In recent contract negotiations with Cox, Fox Sports 2 was moved to Digital Essential, their equivalent of Digital Starter. So it is very likely Fox wants the same of Comcast, to take a channel that is not even carried throughout a large portion of their footprint, and place it somewhere that it's easily accessible and something that all subscribers have to pay for, whether they want it or not.

Those of you who are big motor sports fans may not like the current situation, but that's likely why it is the way that it is. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2?????

@TheBate wrote:

This is a question about a channel that I believe is not carried by Xfinity.  Where or can we see FOX SPORTS 2?  This channel was the only place last November where the Cal-Stanford Big Game was located for the entire first quarter.  Local fans wait yearly for this event and the LA feed showed us Oklahoma football and the entire post game show on FS1 before they kicked over to the Cal game.  The ladies FIFA soccer tournament has been on recently and again games are exclusivikly featured on FS2, which I believe Xfinity is not carrying.  So I ask - when will Xfinity offer its loyal subscribers this channel? The BigTen network is an additional charge, so maybe FS2 should be offered that way, but in the perfect world BOTH these channels should be offered on the Sports package that includes Pac10 and the SEC.

Greetings! When you have a bit of free time (maybe during a sporting event you can't watch because it's on Fox Sports 2), start at the beginning of this thread and read on through. You are far from alone in your thoughts, my friend.

New Poster

Fox Sports 2

Still waiting for Comcast in Manahawkin, New Jersey, to offer Fox Sports 2.  Will miss two Sprint Cup practice sessions tomorrow.  If I had a viable alternative to Comcast I would be there immediately.

Frequent Visitor

If you still have time after that , start at channel 2 and go through all of the channels and make a note of how many channels we have to pay for that we have no use for versus how many you actually watch . I think we are already getting it from everyone involved in TV pretty darn good already .. Maybe they need to get rid of the usless BS they are shoving down our throats .

Regular Contributor

Some of those channels that nobody watches actually pay Comcast to be on their line up, which Comcast says helps defray the cost of providing us service.  Big joke there is they are actually charging us for channels that are paying them.

Frequent Visitor

Another Day of NASCAR, still no Fox Sports 2

Here we are again with another day of NASCAR - this time the lead series (Sprint Cup), with both practice sessions being shown on Fox Sports 2.  How can Comcast be ignoring this?

New Poster

We need Fox sports 2 because I'm a NASCAR fan and I don't care for soccer that much. I also a Yankees fan and I like the Yes network, why isn't this network on the dial?
Official Employee

@joshquig wrote:

Gold Cup starts in about a week and half the games are scheduled for Fox Sports 2.  Come of Comcast, get with it already and add Fox Sports 2 HD. Even if you put it in the Sports Entertainment Package, I know I would subscribe, and I'm sure a lot of others would as well.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

How do they not carry fs2 - easy - the people that pay them to carry their shows or channels place no demands and don't pay any attention. Bascar, imsa, other racing series are well aware of the comcast fox sports feud. And do nothing about it. Plus comcast well knows this feud isnt just with them, fox is one evil company and is feuding with almost all tv providers - most of the satellite systems etc. So in comcast's eyes - they are off the hood - why fight to carry it if no one else does either - and whether nascar (my bias) or anyone else - doesnt make fox or comcast carry their broadcasts for the fans. 25 pages here, every weekend on the nascar web site where fans can comment, on fox sports pages, on all of their facebook pages - and what happens - zip, nada, nothing. For three years and counting. They get our money and in return we are watching truck you on velocity or rally cross on nbc sports, or reruns on antenna tv or me tv, etc, becuse what was on for decades - prior to fox buying speed, prior to comcast buying nbc - we that were home during the day (umemnployed like me, rich folks, folks thaty happen to work but have fridays free) we counted on putting on speed to see practice and qualifying each friday during the 9 month racing season. First espn abandoned qualifying and practices but we still had speed if they carried it. Then speed got bought and destroyed in the states. Then comcast bought nbc, tried to by time warner and others, I think they own all or part of verizon, and last season espn ended any nascar coverage as comcast bragged all over the place how nascar coverage would be better than ever as they got title sponsorship to the xfinity (b tier) series, plus of course that they own nbc and nbc sports. 

Of course now with racing well into the season, the xfinitly/comcast (could they finally pick ONE name???) tv commercials turned out as all their ads, the hype never matched reality. They are raking in cash, fox is raking in cash, racing series still have fans that attend and buy junk from the trailers, though anylong time fan sees on tv all the empty seats anymore because nascar and others haven't had fan's backs for easily a decade and it is only getting worse. If they and other sports that contract with fox, and any that also contract with the tv providers, cable, satellite etc, dont put any demands in place for coverage - then we get what has been happending the past three years since speeds demise. 

Here in chicago the cubs historically were on wgn, a large independent. the local abc affiliate never carried any local major league baseball, football or basketball or even local hockey - despite the bulls won nba titles, the brears won a superbowl, the cubs, oh well someday, the white sox several world series. Yes the local abc affiliate on weekends as it had ties with espn carried occasional nascar. All of a sudden big announcements at the same time comcast was telling us we'd see better nascar in 2015 than every before thanks to them, simultaneously the local abc channel (wls tv chicago) was bragging to be the new home of the cubs. Guess which one kept their word - of course not comcast. Just a local chicago station - they put on every cubs game they can local or out of town. A couple weekends ago was supposed to be some one off indy race on abc on a saturday - satrdays are when cbs, nbc and abc except for local news, the network stuff usually supersedes local stuff - so we see baseball, football etc - on Saturday's and sundays on abc, nbc and cbs. Not as well nbc and cbs have finally viable sports channels. Fox had to have one too, so they made fox sports one and two, and like the networks, on weekends carried their half season of the sunday nascar races. NO practice or qualifying - just the main sprint cup race. And a trend espn/abc started - at racres end going straight to sports center or fox sports center now that espn is gone instead of victory lane and a half hour of interviews. Ya they cut back but it isnt the same. 

In the end, we are just the fans footing the bill.. Apparently the chicago cubs can get wls tv to show every cubs game without exception. the nfl, nba, nca, and hockey seem to have no problem ensuring their games are covered and televised as well - yes for a while the nfl went through hated local blackouts depending on ais - a blank blank is seats - ie seats sold for in person attendance. 

Fifa with all its executives headed to jail apparently still manages to have demands that fox televise everything, even sepp bladders election overriding nascar qualifying, then 3 days later he resigned from fifa, but we cant get back the missed nascar coverage. But auto racing sports apparently don't place any demands on fox, or comcast or nbc or the satellite systems, so in the end, we have weekends like last and this weekends where there is next to know auto racing espcially no nascar - because what is covered fox dumps to fox sports 2 so they fulfill the demands fifa places on them where nascar is sound asleep and lets them do as they please.

So this blog/forum/thread will never make any difference. What will is if any of the sports we miss that are dumped to fox sports 2 finally insist and put in their contracts that they have to be televised, and live and on the primary channels they contract with. Until then, xifinity will have free advertising for a series no comcast xfinity customer can watch most weekends, and we have ted making sure we don't swear too often, and otherwise occasional give the corporat espin, and now as the past three years and the next three years, it will if it changes in ANY way - just further deteriorate. How do fans make a difference - stop subscribing to comcast, the satellite systems, etc. Stop going to the nascar events and buying die cast cars caps and t shirts from the trucks on the runway as you walk in. Fans can make a difference in effect with their wallets. 

Companies like neilson measure network tv shows we watch in the evenings, and when ratings are bad, abc, nbc, cbs, fox come up with changes because they want sponsors to pay and viewership as high as possible. But stuff like nascar still has in bred management - i.e. where all professional sports have a president, and board of directors, many publicly traded, nascar is owned and the board made up of the grandkids of three founder. They own severla tracks, make up the season schedule, all the racing rules, and do all the contracting with nbc, comcast xfinity and fox. The grandson of the founder of nascar is the current ceo - and he inherited it as a silver spoon and so did his sister. he never was a fan and got in legal trouble for allegations of substances and infide,ity allegations - despite the sport having a hand line and expels drivers on drugs or drivers that hit their wives or girlfriends, one was exiled by nascar before the legal system  even handed down a management, ironic the legal judgement said he was free to go. Only then the sport let him back in after missing the biggest race of the season, the daytona 500. So with a company like nascar, run the way it is, there is no way for fans to call and talk to someone live at nascar, they have a meaningless fan council that is just platitudes, and they let television do what they please - we have this - fans livid, and watching reruns and stuff we don't want to because we don't have a sport run my a public board and corporation rather than a family handing things down, makes its own rules, gives its own tracks the plum races etc. It isnt just fox and xfinilty comcast that aren't looking out for us, when sports series like nascar are run the way they are. 

hoiw much are you paying each month to comcast or a satellite provider - 100, 200, 300, 400 bucks? in 1983 when I signed up I had all the prermium movie channels and saw all the racing I wanted - for 38 bucks a month. now 30 plus years later it is so deficient for my viewing I still pay qwell over a hundred bucks, have next to none channels that are cable specific, mostly just free tv and variants and yet I have about half of the racing channels I want, but I am also paying for ethnic channels I dont want, and all these blocks of channels reserved for nfl, nba etc while my type of sport is barely televised anymore. How long you going to keep paying hundreds a month if they wont carry what you want - I'm not pointing this at comcast only - any tv provider you pay for - if they dont carry what you want - why are you still paying them every month??????

Contributor

couetesy of jayskis.com  as I end friday livid not one second of racing has been shown until now near midnight nbc sports airs a tape of qulifying but traditional friday nascar coverage on fs1 has been this time all day golf....read someone suggest nascar cut over now for the season from fox to nbc sports and gave fictional examples of  fox nascar announcers larry mac and mikey waltrip announcing live golf...

anyway jayskis quote re last weeks xfinity series thqat no one on comcast or uverse saw:

• Chicago TV Ratings: NASCAR Xfinity Series racing from Chicago drew just 377,000 viewers on Fox Sports 2 Sunday afternoon, easily the series' smallest audience of the season. The race was originally scheduled to air on FS1 Saturday night, but was postponed due to rain.(Sports Media Watch via Sports TV Ratings)(6-24-2015)

so are we just clueless - all this fifa stuff on fs1 and today all day golf - is golf, the worlds dullest sport to watch suddenly the hot ticket even qwith tiger all but retired?

By the way when nascar comes to town, traditionally chicago local news stations who never in the sports segments mention any auto raaccing results save the indy 500 winner or a giant wreck or death usually pretend they are all into nascar when it is in town, granted last weekend was the less followed b tier (xfinity) series, nasscar promised to put the top tier, b tier and trucks together on weekends at the same tracks and since the promise, less and less often does that ever happen...if not one station was in joliet lasts weekend and under 400 thousand viewers world wide - how does nascar not do anything about fox and their game playing with comcast, att, direct tv and others? easy answer - no one  in management at nascar cares.

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Contributor

some alleged writer named Kelly Crandall wrote this article for an online web site / racing magazine called Popular Speed.

(Note I deleted the banners and pictures for space, her pic she looks all of a 21 - pony tail and all - clearly a nascar expertl.
I did email her a reply which follows her so called editorial. Anyway. first her stuff:
EDITORIAL Comcast Over-Delivering Early
By Kelly Crandall | June 25, 2015

For as quickly as it became comfortable to pronounce “the NASCAR XFINITY Series” so too was an impression made on those who represent it.

Six months into their partnership with NASCAR as the entitlement sponsor of the second-tier division, Comcast has not only picked up the ball, but run with it since day one. Quite contrary from the atmosphere felt during the September announcement when it appeared the company’s focus was on finding their footing in the sport while planning for adventures down the road.

But the future came quicker than expected and not without notice.

“They picked up and really exceeded everybody’s expectations for a new sponsor coming into a role like they did,” said current XFINITY Series point leader@Chris_Buescher. “There is a lot of responsibility that goes into it and a lot of work and they’ve really put in 110 percent effort to make it work, and it’s been really impressive to see.”

In building something new, however, Comcast started by keeping a piece of old.

Comcast aims to brand and leave a mark all their own on the series but recognized the ability to continue the growth of ideas previously in place. Notably adopting the “Dash 4 Cash” program implemented by Nationwide Insurance and giving it an XFINITY makeover with new venues hosting the $100,000 bonus races.

The decision immediately struck a cord with drivers, Buescher among the many who praised the decision to keep a program that adds extra exposure to the teams while including the fans. But the racing aspect of the NASCAR / Comcast partnership was never in doubt, and the XFINITY Series strongly rolls on into the summer months.

Through the first 14 races, there have been nine different winners, two of which were first timers. The “Dash 4 Cash” handed out their first bonus check in Dover, the same weekend Roush Fenway Racing teammates collided for the win. Headlines have been plentiful, the talent captivating.

No, Comcast faced a more daunting task than sponsoring a NASCAR series: keeping all stakeholders happy by delivering on the track (for drivers) as well as off it (for fans).

“If you look at some of the stuff NASCAR has been able to give us as teams, we now have live Internet on our pit boxes, where in the past it never worked. [NASCAR] said XFINITY was a big part of that,”@Brendan62 revealed.

“With NASCAR’s new pit road camera system, they are able to send us, if we get an infraction, they’ll send us the pictures right away now. So it’s enabled us to have better communication with our teams during races, between our own guys, and better communication with the shop during races.”

NASCAR’s at-track activation is the modern day word of mouth for a company looking to expose their product to the public. In NASCAR, through different fan zones and midways around the country, thousands of potential customers are reached each weekend through one simple platform.

Welcome to the XFINITY Zone.

Currently at marquis events on the schedule – next stop Daytona – or in areas providing Comcast service, XFINITY is not just a sponsor, it’s a product and Comcast continues to look for ways to deliver it to fans. Most recently the zone appeared at Dover and Charlotte, the latter where Richard Childress Racing driver @bscottracinggot a glimpse of it firsthand.

As every NASCAR track has some form of a midway where merchandise can be purchased, games played and products sampled, Comcast as dipped a toe in the water with a display mixed of racing and entertainment. Not the most flashy or largest area, the XFINITY Zone does have the most expensive features, and that’s aside from displaying the new championship trophy.

In the XFINITY Zone fans are given the chance to

• Register a personal ID card, which can be used throughout the zone for a variety of activities
  • That includes registering to participate in the “Dash 4 Cash” program
  • Or taking computer-generated picture either in a NASCAR firesuit or next to a driver

Don’t forget about spinning the prize wheel and check out the Driver Dens. The space, one designed by Carl Edwards and the other @ChaseElliott, features items the drivers donated. It’s an area designed to show off their personalities. Edwards’ area featured a mountain bike and guitar; Elliott’s a snowboard and gaming system.

Some of these items could also possibly head home with fans. And speaking of the fans, those with Comcast service, or needing a reason to explore switching their services, are given a demonstration of the latest and greatest technology, for instance, the talking remote.

Relatively new, the remote is essentially a smartphone with voice commands to navigate around the television. Through the X1 Entertainment Operating System, apps for the weather and traffic can be checked on a sidebar while the selected television program is still playing on screen.

Interested in what’s trending on TV? There’s an option for that to help decide what show you should be watching. Or, perhaps you’d like to share video (perhaps while sitting in the grandstands of a race) from your phone to a friend sitting at home? There’s an option for it to be sent directly to their television.

“I think they’ve done a great job with the changes and to be able to step up and do what they’ve done, and this is just a couple months into their first year, and they’ve come on board for many, many more, so we’re excited,” Buescher said. “It’s been a great sponsor.”

While far from perfect as the service still does not provide channels hosting NASCAR races, Comcast expressed hope and plans, at the beginning of the year to branch out in the future. Including providing the service in many more parts of the country, as well as adding additional channels.

Don’t worry though; it’s not all work and no play.

There’s an app for everything or at least it seems nowadays, and when XFINITY launched into NASCAR, they quickly introduced the sport to theirs.

The XFINITY TV GO app is available to any Comcast customer, not just the drivers who can’t seem to get enough of it. Younger drivers like @CaleConley and Ryan@Blaney won’t hesitate to pull out their phones or tablet to catch up on a TV show they might have missed, while even the veterans in the garage have taken to it

“They have the coolest app in the world. The XFINITY TV GO app is like the best thing in the world,” exclaimed @Elliott_Sadler. “They’re not telling me to tell you this, but we have it on all our devices at home, so now when my wife wants to go out to eat, like she wanted to go out to each during March Madness, so I took her out to eat at her favorite restaurant and I got to watch basketball games on my iPad while we ate, so it works out great.”

The app provides users with the chance to watch live television or movies, in addition to catching up on recent episodes of a favorite television series. There’s also an option for kids programming.

“My kids can watch it,” Sadler said. “The XFINITY TV GO app, if you don’t have that, you need to try that out. It is bad to the bone, so I think they’ve a really good job interacting with us drivers.”

In a sport where reaching every generation matters, technology, as NASCAR continues to explore, is a huge part of connecting with the fan base. Comcast / XFINITY is in the same boat, and as they continue to grow on the track, the marketing and activation off it should also improve.

After all, there is plenty of time for fans to be made.

“It’s hard for any new title series sponsor to come right in and be as comfortable as they are and do such a great job, and meet all the drivers and the owners, and that’s something they did in the beginning of the season,” Blaney said. “That’s been really cool to see grow and develop.

“That’s been neat, to meet all of them. They’re really interested in this sport and it’s great to have them in NASCAR. Hopefully we can keep them around for more than 10 years.”

EMAIL KELLY AT kelly.crandall@popularspeed.com

FOLLOW ON TWITTER: @KellyCrandall

Kelly Crandall

Kelly Crandall is Central Penn College graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Corporate Communications. She’s been professionally writing about NASCAR for the last seven years, having started as one of the original members of Bleacher Report when the site launched before moving to Speedway Media for three years. Crandall is the Executive Managing Editor of POPULAR SPEED, who honed her skills by contributing to numerous other sites as well as Internet radio shows. Crandall is an NMPA member and a native of Spotswood, New Jersey.

New Poster

Start Carrying Fox Sports Two

Do not understand why comcast does not carry Fox Sports Two.

New Poster

I want Fox sports 2 and MAVTV with no more upgrading. Long time. Customer.
New Poster

I.agree with you, I am disabled and can't do much of anything because of my back problems, and had to call my sister in New York. Here in MD I can't get to
His practice of 5 years in Football. I am adding on a $$. I. Can no longer do the work around. I pay $200 a. Month. May not seem a lot to the Avg. couple but I am sigle ha*ve no extra money for increase. I spent almost 2 hours with Comcast to get your bill back to 175. Month.. What really irks me the most is poor reception, pixel liked picture, no sound, and I love to watch All 3 series of NASCAR, however when speed was changed to Fox Sports. 1 I was really not happy, now I am really angry as I can't watch Fox Sports 2. The price they charge there should be ABSOLUTELY NO REASON we can't have, this sports channel.

Sincerely Dave
Regular Contributor

Once again we are forced to miss the last two hours of the Six Hours of the Glenn.  Fox is doing this intentionally to put the pressure on Comcast.  Comcast is to blame though, since they can either aquiesque or not.  They don't care about their customers at all.  Why watch the race at all if you can't see the end.  Can you imagine watching a baseball game, and missing the last 3 innings, or an NFL game missing the last quarter?  They really need to pull their heads out and get this done.  Enough talking about 
"making sense".  Nothing makes sense about this situation.

Regular Contributor

Maybe after another 50 pages of complaints they might say, we are looking into FS2!!<br>Yeah I'm dreaming, I will next start complaining to @comcastcares on their Twitter account to spread the word even more. I have already had Tommy Kendall and Bob Varsha aware of the issues here along with the links to prove. <br>And with sports announcers on social media comes many many more 'customers'<br>I won't hurt to let more and more see the unbelievably lame business plan Comcast is using.
Regular Contributor

once again, FS has decided to air the 1st half of a race (6 Hours at Watkins Glen) on FS1 and the last 1/2 on FS2!   Since Comcast does not air both FS channels, I can watch the 1st half of a race and am forced to find out who won by doing a Google after it's over!  Not much fun like this!  Comcast internet carries FS2 but its streaming qualities are so poor that it is unwatchable!

I know some say it's not Comcasts fault -- I don't know whose fault it is, but Comcast is the one who brings the programming into my Living Room and they're the ones I pay - so they get the blame....

Contributor

Are you talking about the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race? I looked at the guide through my cable box and it says it goes from 3 to 6 PM. I also checked the forecast for Sonoma and there is no chance of rain so I don't think Fox will move the race to FS2.
Frequent Visitor

The second half and finish of the IMSA race was transferred to FS2 from FS1 at 3pm.  You can watch live in-car via Fox Sports, but not the race itself.  NASCAR is on FS1 now from Sonoma.  I would love to see the IMSA  finish, not NASCAR.  How do you get FS2 on Comcast internet?

Regular Contributor

Actually, if you went to IMSA.com you could stream the last part of the race, and have the IMSA radio (Radio LeMans; John Hindaugh et al) do the comentary.  Didn't miss too much since it was pouring rain, and red flagged while the clock still ran, then finished under yellow.  Sometimes IMSA will stream what is on FS 2 and sometimes they won't, but you can still get their stream by using a UK VPN.  Anyway, much rather watch the race on my television set, since that's what I got it for, and I'm sure paying through the nose for the privilege. Would like to have recored THE WHOLE RACE on DVR, to watch at leisure.  COMCAST's new slogan "Xfinity, 1/2 of the most sports (and not the half that matters)

Regular Contributor

I also prefer to record and watch when convenient - I used to do that with 24 h lemans but the same thing happened - part of the race was on FS1 and part was not.   The in-car streaming is entertaining for a lap or 2 but not for hour after hour!  Oh how I miss SpeedTV!