ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

I would hazard a guess that most everyone on this forum is fairly "sharp"?

Does it go unnoticed that, according to the Comcast spokes person (Ted), NONE of these problems lie at the feet of the Ivory Tower in Philly. It's everyone else that is preventing Comcast from doing the right thing for their customers? If it wasn't for those ole meanies at Fox, Comcast would add FS2 to their national line up!

I'm positive that is correct, given the stellar ratings that Comcast has for Customer Support & Customer Relations in the past few years? What is not covered by NDA, are these national ratings.

I guess that it makes good business sense for Ted to tell us, if we want FS2 to go to the providers listed in earlier posts? Far be it that Comcast should give us the same service that these "other providers" are giving their subscribers!

Maybe this question is also covered by NDA : In the past 3 years, what has been the subscriber retention rate? What has been the subscriber growth rate? True growth rate Ted, NOT the added subscribers from acquisitions of other providers, but true subscriber growth.

I have posted the below verbatim a few times in this thread. 

"Our programming teams meet with networks all the time to work on deals and contracts that make the most sense for our customers and our business. 

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network."

I don't want to set any false expectations. Unfortunately, we don't have any announcements to make right now regarding the addition of this channel. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you,  that you should do what's right for you.

I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned earlier, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of our customers who receive this channel, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or a Sports Package.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along any collective feedback, interests and concerns to our programming teams. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

Removed. As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

These forums are designed to build a positive and thriving peer to peer help community. Positive, constructive comments and questions that are on topic will help maintain a positive spirit on these forums. Please give the same consideration and tolerance to others that you would like to receive from them.

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@ATL-Irish wrote:
W/o FS2, I can't watch Ireland - Scotland. Can't even access it on FS Go!!!

ONLINE ACCESS

Apologies. The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@landrover69 wrote:

Then you need to hire better negotiators.  I'm sure you have enough money given that I'm spending ~$200 per month.  Based on your logic, why would Fox even let you have any of their channels?  This is a Comcast issue,not a Fox issue.  Comcast is a 10,000 pound gorilla just pushing people around.

Our programming teams meet with networks all the time to work on deals and contracts that make the most sense for our customers and our business.

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network. Thanks for your feedback. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Juan_de_Vashon wrote:

Why does Comcast/Xfinity continue to refuse to carry FOX Sports 2?

Other than being a monopoly, and not wanting any competition for Comcast's and NBC's (which is owned by Comcast) sports channels?

This has been an issue on the Comcast forums for over three years and there is no response, no answer, nothing from Comcast about any resolution other than (apparently) to claim that "If enough people request it, Comcast will carry it."

How does someone request that Comcast carry FOX Sports 2? Where, specifically, and how?

At this point the only real response to this monopoly abuse of power is to contact your local county franchise authority (this is the local public agency that allows Comcast to continue its monopoly), your local county representatives, and your State and Federal representatives and start agitating to end Comcast's monopoly control.

In my case, I'm contacting my local KCIT, Office of Cable Communications, here:

http://www.kingcounty.gov/operations/it/cable.aspx

Welcome to the thread. I am a Comcast Employee and I have responded in this thread more than a few times. Some good background on the previous page and also below your post. Thanks for your feedback. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Juan_de_Vashon wrote:

In this case, FOX is not willing to pay the exortion that Comcast demands to carry FOX Sports 2.

It's actually the opposite. Comcast pays Fox for programming. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I have posted the below verbatim a few times in this thread. 

"Our programming teams meet with networks all the time to work on deals and contracts that make the most sense for our customers and our business. 

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network."

I don't want to set any false expectations. Unfortunately, we don't have any announcements to make right now regarding the addition of this channel. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you,  that you should do what's right for you.

I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned earlier, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of our customers who receive this channel, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or a Sports Package.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along any collective feedback, interests and concerns to our programming teams. 

I am a loyal Nascar fan of 20+ years.  I am also an Xfinity Comcast customer.  Here is the situation.  This upcoming weekend, 6-20-15 & 6-21-15, ALL Nascar practices AND qualifying are on.....Fox Sports 2.  Well, Xfinity does not provide Fox Sports 2 in the Kansas City market.  I am willing to pay for the channel, but it's NOT available on ANY Xfinity package in the Kansas City market.  So, Xfinity, are you telling me that I have to switch to Direct TV so I can watch the Nascar Xfinity Series on TV?  Xfinity is paying 10s of Millions of dollars for the naming rights to the Nascar Xfinity Series, but Xfinity can't even make the channel that THEIR OWN SPONSORED SERIES IS RACING ON available to its customers?  UNBELIEVABLE!   You can't afford to make a channel available to your customers in any package at any price, but you can afford to spend 10s of Millions of dollars sponsoring the race series on the channel you are NOT making available to your customers?  Who is in charge of marketing and programming for Xfinity, Mickey Mouse?  

ComcastTeds, don't you at least see the ridiculous nature of this situation based upon my posting above?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I don't understand how they can sponsor the Xfinity Series in NASCAR and air it on Foxsports2, a channel they do not carry. Does anyone know when we will be getting this channel, or do you have to switch providers to watch a sport they sponsor on a channel they don't offer.

CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY

FRIDAY, June 19

12:30 pm – 10 pm – Xfinity garage open

3:30 pm – 4:55 pm – Xfinity practice (Fox Sports 2)

7 pm – 7:55 pm – Final Xfinity practice (Fox Sports 2)

SATURDAY, June 20

5:15 pm – Xfinity qualifying (Fox Sports 2)

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

@xxsinisterxx wrote:

I don't understand how they can sponsor the Xfinity Series in NASCAR and air it on Foxsports2, a channel they do not carry. Does anyone know when we will be getting this channel, or do you have to switch providers to watch a sport they sponsor on a channel they don't offer.

According to statements made by Comcast executives, that is exactly what we'd need to do. In fact, they've stated that customers are welcome to go to a provider carrying the channel they want, if it means that much to them.

This is their idea of "customer" service. An invitation to spend our money elsewhere.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Still cannot believe that Comcast/XFinity still does not offer Fox Sports 2.  It is ridiculous that other providers have this channel.  I see that this thread has been going on for over two years.  Missing all of this weekends Nascar practice and qualifying!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Jayski.com has the race listed on FS1 . Qualifying on FS2 . Not to defend Comcast I just figured maybe you wont miss the race .  http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/NASCAR-Television-Listings

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

I swrear by tvracer.com....the guy is always accurate, and when I once time had trouble, he was a great guy, little one man show that captures all racing on all stations

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Xfinity race postponed till noon tomorrow on FX2 I HATE COMCAST !

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

9 years ago

Philadelphia wants Bein Sports in HD and FS2 in HD!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Am I going to have Fox Sports 2 tomorrow or do I need to go to AT&T ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here