Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: WHERE IS FOX SPORTS 2

@Leojack wrote:
No wagers, but from a sponsor's point of view, don't you want to provide your customers with every opportunity to hear your name as title sponsor. Nationwide qualifying was on FS2 at Atlanta and denying us the opportunity to watch, especially with availability on the Fox mobile app, seems like a missed opportunity. I'm no expert, but to me that just makes sense, at least beginning next year, from the advertising angle. I would think that they would want to make sure that customers would have access to every event in the sponsored series. I am certainly not holding my breath.

Yes, it does make sense to me that this new sponsorship should spur Comcast to add the FS2 channel in all of their markets now. See:

Comcast’s NASCAR sponsorship could open doors for Fox Sports 2

By Joe Lucia, AwfulAnnouncing.com - September 4, 2014

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/comcasts-nascar-sponsorship-could-open-door-for-fox-sports-2.html

NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes, it does make sense to me that this new sponsorship should spur Comcast to add the FS2 channel in all of their markets now. See:

Quote:

Comcast’s NASCAR sponsorship could open doors for Fox Sports 2

By Joe Lucia, AwfulAnnouncing.com - September 4, 2014

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/comcasts-nascar-sponsorship-could-open-door-for-fox-sports-2.html

NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.

You would think that this would make sense, but don't bet that COMCAST does everything according to common sense. If you've noticed, COMCAST TEDS, this thread is one of the most viewed and has drawn the most comments of any of your forum threads.

You have made clear many times, "It has to make sense for all the parties involved". That rings rather hollow, considering how many of your customers are clammoring for FS2.  How does it make sense to alienate your customers?  Your investment in the second tier of NASCAR really doesn't make sense either, does it, if most of your customers won't be able to see the coverage of the "Xfinity Series"? Your company has very little regard for your individual customers. It's all about turn and burn for you. As long as the numbers add up. Well, your customers are not numbers, and it's time that COMCAST stops treating us as such.  I guess making sense is too much to ask.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

I would think they would have to add FOX Sports 2 in all markets. Otherwise someone high up at Comcast should be fired. It doesn't take a marketing degree from Yale to realize that it would look horible on Comcast's part that people who want to watch some Xfinity series practice and qualifying will have to LEAVE Comcast Xfinity to be able to watch it. In sponsoring NASCAR, they are trying to get there name out there to NASCAR fans, and NASCAR fans who have Directv aren't gonna want to leave it for Comcast/Xfinity if they get LESS programing. This is a must do deal for Comcast to have done AT LEAST by Feburary at the very latest!!

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Did anyone read Comcast Teds profile? It says one of his strengths is SATISFYING CUSTOMERS!!! Any satisfied customers here?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Dude, give the guy a break - he can't make Comcast get Fox Sports 2 or Bein in HD.

He helps out a lot of people on these forums and gives us good information when he can. Geez, it's not like the guy owns the company.

I have my issues with Comcast like so many others here, but it surely isn't caused by Ted.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Still not seeing many satisfied customers here.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Sure, he may help others but in this situation, COMCASTTEDS is the face and spokesperson for COMCAST.  It is the unfortuate position he is placed in, yet, he speaks for COMCAST, and gives us a reference point to address.  I have nothing against him personallly, and nobody should, since they don't know him.  Any frustration or anger towards COMCAST is focused on him, because that is his job, very much like an assistand manager in a hotel.  It's what he's there for.  That being said, Lipstickcat is right.  Not seeing much satisfaction here.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

When will Xfinity/Comcast carry Fox Sports 2

I am an avid Nascar fan and a Xfinity/Comcast customer.  I have been EXTREMELY disappointed that we don't get Fox Sports 2.  I have read many posts that say only those Xfinity/Comcast customers who were with a legacy cable carrier get Fox Sports 2.  Now that Xfinity/Comcast has signed a 10 year $200 Million deal to sponsor the 2nd tier Nascar racing series, will Xfinity/Comcast give its customers Fox Sports 2?  Please don't tell me that we have to switch to Direct TV so I can watch the Xfinity/Comcast racing series events on Fox Sports 2, that seems absolutey crazy.

Highlighted
New Poster

Two races on today and can't see either of them. Downloaded the fox app to watch it streaming but that won't work either since comcast doesn't carry fs2. However I wonder now if they'll change their minds since they are sponsoring a series. Would not seem wise to limit your viewers of the series your sponsoring? Anyway seems like comcast getting to big. Have had them for years and feel more and more like they care less and less for the average viewer.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sure wish I was watching the NASCAR Truck Race on FS2 Tonight.

Put me down on the unhappy list.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: FOX Sports 2

When is comcast going to get fox sports 2

Highlighted
New Poster

fs1 vs fs2

I pay extra for fs1 just so I can watch NASCAR truck races, thats the only thing i watch on fs1.

Today the race is on fs2 that Comcast doesn't have.
So my real question is where is my truck racing that I already pay for?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: FOX Sports 2

You guys may want to check the 17 page post about FS2. You may be waiting a while.
Highlighted
New Poster

Fox sports 2

Why is comcast not carrying fox sports 2? I am very unhappy tonight as I had planned on watching the truck race from Chicago that was rained out last night. I looked for it and then found out it was being shown on fox sports 2. Now I can't watch it. I pay a small fortune for my comcast, and I am not happy.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: fs1 vs fs2

I agree.  It is completely ridicious that we cannot get FS2.  It's a joke.  And NASCAR is partially to blame as well.  Maybe with this new rights package starting next year, Comcast and NASCAR will get together and get smart.  And maybe I'll win the lottery tonight.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2

Comcast get with it. It sucks that we can't watch other sports other then sick and ball. Give us what we want.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2

yah i was looking for the race tonight as well.....not happy...might have to go back to directtv which did HAVE that channel.

Highlighted
New Poster

Another unhappy Comcast customer that can't watch a race... I will be looking for another provider for my future entertainment.

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm sure COMCAST TEDS will have a slick answer for everyone after it's been reviewed by all the minions who do such things.  It all boils down to one thing.  All COMCAST cares about is money.  They don't particularly care about customer service (well, maybe they do, as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line).  We are not people to them.  Just profitable units.  Everyone on this thread has been trying for over a year now to have FOX SPORTS 2 added to their line up.  COMCAST TEDS says "It has to make sense for all the parties involved...yadda yadda yadda"  Obviously, we, the paying customers, who employ COMCAST to bring televison into our homes, do not count as one of the parties.  All we are asking for is one stinking channel. One out of how many?  In the time we have been pleading with COMCAST to add FS2, we have been graced with the addition of Al-Jazeera, SEC (as if we really need yet another network that shows college football) and others that we will never watch.  So back to numbers.  It is cheaper for them to employ a call center in Asia staffed with people who have little understanding of English even if they can speak it, than it is to actually satisfy their customers.  Maybe inside the distorted bubble in which COMCAST operates, this makes sense; but it doesn't in the real world, which explains why so many people are cutting the cord.  Time is arriving soon when it is going to make a heck of a lot of sense for me to to so as well.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

i am certain that this was advertised when i signed up, its just another example of how poor comcast is. i have a bunch of channels that i dont want and ones i actually want is not available. 

dont get it, just offer the channel. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I agree but for a totally different reason. This week is the start of group play in the UEFA Champions League. Fox Sports 2 is showing the Barcelona-Apoel game but unfortunately Comcast doesn't carry that channel. For soccer fans this is disasterous. Not only are they not showing Barcelona, arguably the most popular team on earth, they are not showing the Bayern Munich game. Time for Comcast management to get their collective heads out of the sand. We pay plenty for the sports package. The least Comcast could do is to make that package as comprehensive as possible.

On a similar note, it is long past time for Comcast to be broadcasting BeIN Sport in HD.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am going to keep my posting simple and to the point:

Can I get FOX SPORTS 2 here in the San Francisco Bay Area, please???

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox sports 2

When are we going to get Fox Sports 2  in the Chicago area. I have not seen a definitive response from Comcast.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Arsenal365 wrote:

I am going to keep my posting simple and to the point:

Can I get FOX SPORTS 2 here in the San Francisco Bay Area, please???

Unfortunately, I don’t have any new news to reports since my previous posts in this thread.

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time.

As stated a few times in this thread, the Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision. Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses who evaluate their costs and potential customer impacts.

In regards to posts that are removed... I (or other Forum moderators) usually leave a reason when a post is moved or removed, usually due to a violation of the Forum Posting Guidelines:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Most business contact negotiations are confidential. Once Comcast and Fox have additional information to share, we certainly will.

The collective feedback and passion have been noted. Thanks for both.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ted, where can customers provide feedback?

Is there somewhere non forum related for us to voice our requests?

Or, is this pretty much the place?

Highlighted
Contributor

Its time everyone moved over to Directv.They have all the channels everyone onthis forum are wanting.If you talk real nice to them,you can get a good deal, don't look like any good deals here. Sorry Ted you too may want to move on too!

Frequent Visitor

Come on Ted,

These threads regarding Comcast getting Fox Sports 2 and broadcasting BeIN in HD are nearly endless. It's time Comcast management started listening to it's subscribers. No disrespect intended for those loyal viewers of the  so many "fringe channels" Comcast offers, but most get far fewer viewers than those posting their frustration with not getting Fox Sports 2 and BeIN  in HD. Comcast has to be more sensitive to their viewers wishes than is being displayed here.

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree, its about time people start considering DirectTV. We are! Tired of the same run around about channels being added at a certain date when clearly the will not be, COMCAST TEDS not giving any useful information whatsoever, or COMCAST always playing catch up to other providers in their channel line up. This is getting to the point where it is just not worth it anymore. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2

When will Xfinity add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup since they are now a NASCAR major sponsor?

Highlighted
New Poster

NASCAR fans are not the only motorsports fans missing events that are broadcast on FS2. The TUDOR sports car series and the World Endurance Championship sports car series are both running this weekend at The Circuit of the Americas in Austin Texas, and only being broadcast on FS2. Two internationally popular sports car series, with events scheduled at a great track in the United States on the same weekend, and Comcast subscribers didn't get to see any of it!

FAIL!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Comca

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Unfortunately, I don’t have any new news to reports since my previous posts in this thread.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision. Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses who evaluate their costs and potential customer impacts.

The collective feedback and passion have been noted. Thanks for both.

With all dure respect Ted, how can we believe that costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with programming decision at Comcast? When we the customers voice are demands and instead of statisfying them, we are constantly being offered channels that as far as we know very few (or close to zero) customers are asking for? FXX? duplicate channels everywhere? countless channels where most of their programming are infomercials? I am sure there were not 5 customers asking for those pointless channels. Yet here we are forced to pay for them. But demand that channels with content we want be added and Comcast make it sounds like it would be like pulling teeth. The whole we don't want to charge you more is a joke. No need to keep bringing that up because for many of us, that's insulting our intelligence. I appreciate that you come to give us updates on what channels may or may not be added soon.

Thank you!

Highlighted
New Poster

We're getting screwed again next month when the Supercross from Las Vegas is being shown live on 2 and leaves 1 to have a replay the next day. Comcast truly SUCKS!!
Highlighted
New Poster

Just talked to Comcast. Use this URL to request Fox Sports 2! Takes an army (per se') apparently vs. them actually caring :). Fill it out please! I just did!

https://survey.foreseeresults.com/survey/display?sid=feedbackTV-en&cid=R9RRtJoQ98EENQoRBJ0Mhg==&patt...

Highlighted
Contributor

I filled out the form, but don't hold out much hope for action. I always wonder what the "magic" number of requests are. I don't think the know.
Highlighted
New Poster

I don't watch NASCAR or other racing events, but I am however, a Liverpool football (soccer) fan. Tomorrow, and throughout the champions league (the premeir tournemant for all of club football) Liverpool have been broadcast on Fox Sports 2. Like the rest of you, I am incredibly dissapointed to not have this programming. I heard a promise about a month ago that we would be getting Fox Sports 2, but still nothing. Not good business to be jerking your customers around. I guess Comcast has made it this far while being a terrible customer service business, so it doesnt surprise me. I was just hoping just this once you all would deliver... you didn't.

I will be shopping for a new cable provider due to this, but also based on the service we have received in the past. Good luck to all of you commenters who are waiting this out. I think it might be time to jump ship.

Highlighted
New Poster

What channel is fox sports 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Once again Comcast has failed to aid their customers. High paying customers. I am waiting for the UFC Prelims and the MLB playoffs are running late and that is fine. My problem is Fox is running a scoll telling its viewers that the UFC can be seen on FS2. Unless you are a Comcast chump like myself you will be watching the programming you PAID for.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@Louisetoro wrote:
What channel is fox sports 2

Here in Eastern Mass FS2 is on channel 177.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

I have to agree. Comcast has to add Fox Sports 2 to all of their systems. Either Fox or Comcast was swamped with calls on Saturday night for this ufc fight because they ended up having to put the fight on the FX channel.
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@tstack wrote:
I have to agree. Comcast has to add Fox Sports 2 to all of their systems. Either Fox or Comcast was swamped with calls on Saturday night for this ufc fight because they ended up having to put the fight on the FX channel.

True - except those of us who weren't watching the baseball game thought everything was okay with our recording.  Then when we went to watch the prelims and the main event we found out we missed both.  Hopefully FS1 will reshow the whole event soon.

Highlighted
New Poster

For the soccer fans out there especially The US Women's Team..

FIFA has given the Women's World Cup  tv rights to fox insted of ESPN.

Why?  I assume greed and money.

Without FS2 we will miss at least half of the games.

Highlighted
New Poster

no fox 2,means no nascar raceday,worse than that, thought i had abc,i do have it.it's abc family! no race tonght,let nascar know what you want .

Highlighted
New Poster

I just switched to xfinity TV a week ago. I am a racing and MMA fan and am extremely disappointed that Fox Sports 2 is not available. I am stunned that Comcast doesn’t carry this major sports channel. Is Comcast that far behind all of the other TV providers? 

I may need to switch another provider if this channel is not added to the channel lineup in the very near future. It is a good thing that Comcast has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee that will allow me to switch to another provider that has all of the major sporting channels available.

The worst part is I was told that this channel was available when I made switched to Comcast!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@xrtwisted wrote:

I just switched to xfinity TV a week ago. I am a racing and MMA fan and am extremely disappointed that Fox Sports 2 is not available. I am stunned that Comcast doesn’t carry this major sports channel. Is Comcast that far behind all of the other TV providers? 

I may need to switch another provider if this channel is not added to the channel lineup in the very near future. It is a good thing that Comcast has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee that will allow me to switch to another provider that has all of the major sporting channels available.

The worst part is I was told that this channel was available when I made switched to Comcast!

By all means switch. If more customers would do this, MAYBE Comcast would get the message. I cannot switch "right now" as I'm in a 2 year "promotion" and they will bang me for the $250 we got up front. BUT you can bet your "sweet roll BUNS" that I'm moving on when the contract is over. I'll beat them up for a good price on VOIP & Internet & take the Television to another provider.

Highlighted
Contributor

I wouldn't hold your breath. COMCAST's own press release from August 2013 stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming since SREED Channel was going away. Here we are over a year later and we still don't have Fox sports 2.

What is really crazy is Xfinity is sponsoring the nationwide NASCAR race next year. Some of the qualifying and practice events are always on Fox sports 2. So here they're going to be the sponsor for the second largest NASCAR series and we won't even be able to see it because hey don't carry the channel.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Maybe next year?

Xfinity has bold plans in NASCAR coverage
By DAN GELSTON, AP - October 15, 2014

"One speed bump: Xfinity does not carry Fox Sports 2 on its cable systems, which the company hoped to have straightened out in time for 2015."

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox sports 2 in Seattle or I will change to direct tv I am sick of not seeing supercross live when it is on Fox sports 2