ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

comcast - when can we expect Fox Sports 2 to be added to our line up?

thx

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

This is also true of UEFA Champions League and Europa League.  A substantial number of Association Football games are broadcast only on Fox Sports 2 network which is not avAILABLE TO ME.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This totally sucks that we are going to miss the supercross race.  Why can't Comcast provide this?  Pothetic!  All the money in the world to go buy Time Warner, but not enough sense to provide service for Fox Sports 2.  Get with the program Comcast!  Guess i will be going to a friends house to watch on their DIRECTV!!  Perhaps i should get Directv too......

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This is not Solved/ Fix it! Where is Comcasts response? I only see other paying customers sharing my grief.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When is comcast going to be like the satellite providers and offer these channels in the Seattle area. We are missing out on a lot of motorsports
action because of this. I just moved from AK and my cable provider had these channels in their lineup.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hold on a minute. I clicked on Reply to thank everyone for posting and a message popped up that I accepted a solution. What the hay?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Once again I find a match that is broadcast on Fox Sport 2 which is not carried by Comcast.  While I know you've got big concerns about the merger with Time Warner these two are related.  Your refusal to carry Fox Sports 2 is evidence of your effort to control the market of available programming.  While the merger doesn't make Comcast the dominant deliverer of programming, it makes it of sufficient size that it can further control available programming.  Perhaps COmcast customers should jump to another carrier that has Fox Sport 2 to show their displeasure.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I concur!  This year AMA has decided to work with Fox Sports to televise Supercross.  Unfortunately, they won't televise all the Supercross events on FS1.  Some events are on FS2 and some are on FS1.  I can't believe that we pay all this money for cable and can't watch the things we want to watch, when we want to watch them.  Is this not America?

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

First! I'm not a fan of Comcast. BUT you must keep in mind that the lack of FS2 is not system wide. There are many markets that Comcast has made FS2 available. Problem for the remaining subscribers that want FS2 is to find how & who to contact to make our views known. This is our main problem. Also not a problem unique to Comcast. Just about every cable provider is insulated from it's subscribers. Power does not corrupt, ABSOLUTE POWER absolutely corrupts. The ONLY time that you can get through to the cable provider is when there is a "viable" alternative in the area. In my area (Southwestern Florida) the only viable competition is Verizon Fios. Problem is that Verizon does not have 100% coverage and has no plans of expanding "in the near future"! The satelite systems have their own problems (depending on your location) with storm clouds blocking their signals. In Southwest Florida that is a major concern because of the amount of heavy rain and thunder storms that pass thru our area on a daily basis, 7 months out of the year.  We are a die hard NASCAR family, if not for that I would be putting up an outside antenna and be happy with that. The other neat thing about the over the air stations is that they a TRUE HD & not the downgraded stuff you get on cable!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

It makes no sense. We should at least be able to go on line and watch. I missed Liverpool

and Asenal today but was able to watch Everton and Swansea. Were is the logic there? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Can we organize a mass calling in and complain. Phone call after phone call

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I contacted ecare as you suggested. I received a response back fromTom K office. They then referred my request to comcast headquarters to call me regarding this issue. They did call, but got the same "song and dance" that my area (pacific nwi) that we didn't have it, DUH. I wanted to know why and when. All they said they would check with marketing and if she found out anything she would call me back. I am not holding my breath. It did not phase her that I would need to go to another provider except we would hate to lose you. ! Will keep bugging them but not sure how much good it will do.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

That is what it is going to take. I've been contacting ecare@comcast.com almost once a week, and have been for six months now. I get replies from the "office of Tom Karinshank" or something like that. I spoke with a regional manger from California who told me it comes down to numbers. If enough people request it, they will "consider it". The problem is the "numbers". If you look at this thread, there have been what 480 posts, from all over the country, many of them from the same person (I've probably posted twenty times or so on this thread.) It's a heck of a way to do business, waiting until enough people complain then acting on it, instead of providing the channels we want and seeing if anyone complains. Their email needs to be slammed by everyone who wants FOX SPORTS 2, MAVTV, UNIVERSAL SPORTS, and whatever else. Requesting on this forum is an exercise in futilitiy. Comcast created this forum for people to blow off steam without having to tie up a customer service person. Remember, you got to email ecare@comcast.com. as many times as you can. Tell them why you think it's not fair that they withhold these channels from us. A whole segment of sports fans is being ignored.

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

10 years ago

Yesterday was a good example of why Comcast customers need FOX SPORTS 2. College basketball games went over their "Time Limits" and some games like the Villanova Game started on FOX SPORTS 2 and game after that because Villanova game went over 7:00 PM. Comcast please add Fox Sports 2 to Garden State, NJ channel line up.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations. 

Fox Sports 1 is certainly more widely available.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along  collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Thanks for your feedback. We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here