choda69's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, May 18th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

FETV

What happened to FETV in Sacramneto and San Francisco? Another great  GREAT network gone. Now i'm having withdrawls. Put it back on! Also why don't you carry AXS TV? Again another great channel! 

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@flowerpowergs wrote:
I am absolutely furious that Xfinity/Comcast removed FETV from the lineup. Gives? There’s so little decent programming on TV that I watch this channel 80% of the time. Please bring this back immediately. I’m just stunned of how many times you guys mess up and lose the great vintage programming channels. I pay a fortune for this pathetic cable and it’s useless. Tired of all the smart on TV nice to have the old fashion black-and-white TV shows for a change.

You can be "absolutely furious with Comcast" but you should probably be just as furious with FETV since it's their decision and not Comcast's.

For those that want to make their views/opinions known contact FETV here.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same thing happened to my parents this morning. Very disappointing. My dad's nearly ready to switch providers after losing FETV. Bring it back!

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Earlier today FETV (channel 81) was off, with a message that suggested that Comcast may have dropped the channel permanently. Now, it reads, "The station normally seen on this cable channel is experiencing technical difficulties. We are working with the station owner to resolve this issue as soon as possible."

So, what exactly is going on? What is wrong with the station? When will FETV be back on? My family and I watch that channel very frequently--we time our day around when our shows will be on. We have the smallest cable package, so there isn't much for us to watch other than channel 81. Please tell me that Comcast isn't thinking of dropping FETV! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Same thing up here in Spokane, WA! My mother and I work our day around those shows! We're going through Perry Mason withdrawal! I hope Comcast hasn't dropped the channel. We love it. I'm gonna put up my own post to see if I can get a response.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

FETV has typically been airing on Comcast LEASED channels. That means that they PAY Comcast to carry it. If they don't see enough revenue in an area to pay for the lease, they will probably drop it. It is up and running here in the Chicago area.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Mine is now saying it requires a subscription. When I enter fetv in the app it says it is part of my package. I made sure I picked a package that included and all was good until yesterday.

We should have been told that channels were not going to be available.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just want to say that I’m very upset about your decision to eliminate the FETV channel. That was about the only channel I watched. 
there was NO notice of this change, NOTHING!!  
im am becoming more and more disappointed with Comcast/Xfinity. 
As soon as I can, I will be canceling my subscription. Paying WAY TOO MUCH MONEY for this garbage. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

Please check the other threads about this. FETV was PAYING Comcast to carry them on a LEASED channel. They decided there was not enough of an audience to pay the lease fee in your area and ended the lease.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I also would like to know what happened to F.E.T.V.
Comcast please bring back the channel.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@ScheherazOdd 

Your post wasn't the one removed for abbreviated profanity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What happened to FETV.  Im SOOOO annoyed that you took it away.

Please put it back on!  

Does ANYONE know why FETV was removed.  Ughhhhh.  
COVID 19 is bad enough now Comcast takes away FETV.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I love FETV, too, and am very disappointed to see it gone. I tried tuning in to the channel many times on 5/19, hoping that the message about the connection problem would be gone. FETV was still listed as a channel yesterday, but not today. Yesterday on our main TV selecting the FETV channel 103 on 5/19 brought up an error message, but when I selected 103 on the TV in the bedroom, it showed SBN - which is an extreme right-wing Christian station, which is also available on channel 19.  Today the main TV connected to the box won't allow me to select 103 at all, but the bedroom TV lets me select 103, but it's still showing that awful SBN, which is also on channel 19. What is going on? I miss STARZ, I miss TCM, and now FETV. Why are we paying so much for fewer channels? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I agree.  So bummed when I clicked on it and saw that it was Sports Overload.  Why?  I didn't see this on the list of channels that were up for renewal.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

Please read the mulitple threads about this. FETV was PAYING Comcast to air their network on a LEASED channel. Most likely, there were not enough viewers to justify the lease payments, so they left that market.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

Please read the mulitple threads about this. FETV was PAYING Comcast to air their network on a LEASED channel. Most likely, there were not enough viewers to justify the lease payments, so they left that market.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here